Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Poutoule on Apr 9, 11 4:12 AM
I liked this game very much, I didn't love it... I don't know why, I felt a little bit frustrated, may be I found it too easy. Not the mini games which were sometimes quite difficult (at least for me). H0 were pretty tiny but I don't mind as it gives me time to enjoy the graphics which are great. Turned the music off as I got tired of creaking doors. That's the bonus part that reconciled me with the game. Quite a good game but not half as great as Shiver, a grand CE this one.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 9, 11 5:52 AM
Having got past the giant spider and learning that I wouldn't have to see it again, I decided to buy this for the wonderful graphics, absorbing gameplay and lots of inventory items to use. And the first two chapters lived up to my expectations.

However, the further into the game you go the more it relies on hidden object searches; so much so that I had to just walk away from my PC to take a break from them. Eventually I just used hints to get through them because I couldn't be bothered to look for another 7 feathers, 5 frogs or the other objects that recurred constantly throughout the game. Not only that but some of the objects were minute or so well hidden that I struggled to find them, using more hints.

Ultimately I was disappointed with this and wish I'd waited for the SE.

Edited on 04/09/2011 at 5:54:47 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 9, 11 7:38 AM
Way too many creepy crawlies for me, and they don't usually bother me. Nope. Not this one.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Apr 9, 11 9:07 AM
I am loving this game! The only thing I have not liked is feeding the owls at the beginning! I have a phobia about the "owl food" as strong as others have about spiders or snakes! I don't even SAY that word!! I only hope that is the end of them!! About the "repetitiveness" of the storyline....I read somewhere once that "there is nothing new under the sun", so I am not bothered at all about story-repeat. I will keep buying these types of interactive games as they give me a lot for my money. Too, I play them in the "easy" mode so I can replay them in the "hard" mode giving me two games for my money!

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Apr 9, 11 11:11 AM
What a fantastic game. However, I did the same thing someone else did. I finished the entire game (very long by the way) and then I hit play again to make sure I was actually finished. Now I cannot access the extra content/game play. It tells me to finish the game even though I already finished the entire game. I'm a little bummed I cannot get into the extra game play.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Apr 9, 11 3:10 PM
Absolutely beauuu-tiful game...
...Felt like I was on a demented fairy-tale scavenger hunt!

lvbrule
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by lvbrule on Apr 9, 11 10:01 PM
Truly wanted to get this one but IF you are one of us with vision hinderances = this one finally got the best of me with the HOG scenes.....I've never encountered this much difficulty in seeing objects before in any game....and I have fairly new glasses ...I'm 10 min. away from finishing the hour try and I just have the most splitting headache.

The game, aside from the above, was great but I'm going to definitely pass on this one. I'm glad I tried it first.

Edited on 04/09/2011 at 10:08:05 PM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Apr 10, 11 1:26 AM
I really really really like this game HOWEVER I feel like I have so many games like this already. I have all the dark, creepy, im looking for my family/lost loves games. I feel like this one is different though because with the exception of the creepy graveyard in the beginning you are actually looking around the house which is well lit and colorful which is a nice change from the eerie & creepy dark games that keep coming out. Even though I enjoy this game and there is so much to do, I am just not sure how I feel about purchasing yet another game in this genre. I wish I had not bought Maestro of Music & Shadow of the Wolf recently n just been patient for a good game like this one. I might need to wait til the SE if I am going to purchase it. I was going to get the new Hallowed legends one in CE but then I waited for SE n I am so glad that I waited for SE. If this had started with voice overs in the beginning, I think it would have been a complete seller for me but since it doesn't, I just have to be patient.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Apr 10, 11 6:26 AM
I finished playing this game last night and it's a very good game. Others have stated the beautiful graphics and scenes, so I won't repeat. The story-line is good and a bit different from the usual run. The Portals and Netherworld are cleverly done providing smart transportation to other.......I don't want to say more and spoil it. Of course, the SG is always a huge plus. I too like, as Poutoule says, mixing objects together in the HOGs. My only nitpicking is that the objects in the HOGs are sometimes soooo tiny and hidden that even when the Hint shows you where it is, I still couldn't see it and had to keep clicking until I got lucky. But, thankfully the Hint refills very fast. The bonus play reminded me of the Dorian Gray movie. Dive in and enjoy.

DebMcG7
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by DebMcG7 on Apr 10, 11 8:26 AM
I just finished the game. I love the spooky adventure games. This was a good one with only one downside.

Pros: Good storyline, good quality with graphics and the music was ok.

Cons: The HOGs were too difficult. I had to use the hint button more than I have in any other game. I got to where I would cringe every time I saw the sparkles rising. When I'm playing a PC game, I am more interested in seeing the story progress as opposed to the puzzles and searching for HOGs. I like to do some of them, but I don't want to get hung up them or get frustrated at them.

out of 5 stars.

[Post New]by huien01 on Apr 10, 11 9:25 AM
orijojo wrote:Thanks Casualgran, always wait for your reviews.

Love Vogat games and as all reviews thus far are possitive, it sounds like this will be a buy for me also.

I know I’m probably preaching to the converted but just a word for the Aussies on purchasing C/E games. Always buy using US Dollars not AUSD, and you will save yourself about $1.00 on C/E games. AUSD is about $1.03 US today, so if you use USD it will cost you about $13.46AUSD, instead if $14.55AUSD.

Jojo

Hi Jojo

Same goes for those in Singapore. If you buy in USD, your credit card will be charged S$17.05, which is S$1.42 less than paying in SGD. All these dollars add up and after a very short while, I can buy another game!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 10, 11 1:06 PM
after my second hidden object scene of straining to see what was where... i realized - i have my computer set at minimum brightness! i like to keep the white screens dark, otherwise i get a headache, but turn it up a bit if i'm gaming or watching "H"...

once i fixed my screen brightness, i was able to really enjoy the little details in every scene that i had been missing... of course, when it came to the spiders... i kept wanting to swat that big one outta the way, because i just knew he was blocking my view and what i needed was right behind him! dag-nabbit!

as for my thoughts on the game as a whole... have to say that i like the graphics and the music... not many background sounds or other effects... story seems to be a little less of the 'must rescue sister' and a little more of the 'must figure out what is going on' which of course will help save the sister, but the mystery seems to be the higher goal at the moment...

according to the strategy guide, which i peeked at before exiting, i had just wrapped up chapter one and had five more chapters to go plus bonus... given that was about forty minutes of play - i'm guessing four hours plus... definitely worth the CE price in my book, since i only usually get that much play out of a TM/M3 game... let me tell you, nothing disappoints more than to get sucked into a really great IHOG and buy it and have the game be over after another thirty or forty minutes... aauugghhh!! so i'm all about this one and will be happy to bring an end to this deadlock!

SSSHHHHH! stay silent...

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on Apr 10, 11 5:52 PM
Phenomenal game!!! Beautiful graphics, interesting story-line and a good mix of puzzles with some different than the ordinary lot and some a bit challenging. This game is worth the time and money...

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Apr 10, 11 6:09 PM
A great game. enough said

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Apr 10, 11 7:50 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again,

"Hidden objects do NOT have to be microscopic to be well hidden!!!"

That being said, I really loved this game!! I don't mind spiders near as much as I mind feathers... I just can never seem to find them! The length of this game was most excellent, as was the bonus play... lots to do, just the right amount of mini-games, some hard, some not so hard... I do appreciate being able to skip them. The hint system refilled quickly, and I liked that as some of those objects were just too darned small to locate, even with my magnifying glass!! I really hate being penalized for rapid clicking... I do that when I get frustrated and there is no reason to make me even more frustrated!!!

Volgat is an amazing developer and I can't wait for their next game!!

4Cingere
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by 4Cingere on Apr 10, 11 10:26 PM
+1 to Kelvarda's list and it feels old.
I've noticed several new games feel like they were made years ago when technology in game development was new.
Stop backing up please!

AliceFranz
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by AliceFranz on Apr 11, 11 6:47 AM
what kind of oldschool things have you noticed? 'cept for the voices

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 11, 11 12:30 PM
Yes, this is a wonderful game, which I've already completed. I tried the demo, and purchased long before the demo ended. Beautiful graphics as usual, and the unique mini games were enjoyable to play. I liked too, that the hidden object scenes were not super easy, as they are in many games of late. Still not difficult, but at least items were a little more obscure to locate, which is what I like. Most other reviews have summed this game up already, so I won't repeat what others have said here. All and all though, a GREAT game!

P.S. The spiders did not bother me, but I did jump a little when one of the rats started twitching its mouth, when I clicked on him (or her). Sorry, I don't care for rats at all, and this game had its share of them! I still managed to get passed them intact though. LOL

Edited on 04/11/2011 at 12:37:00 PM PST

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Apr 11, 11 8:05 PM
I really thought this one was worth the bucks. It not only took a while to complete, but the extra content was also good. I don't like creepy crawlies, but I can take most anything other than roaches. Someone mentioned on The Fool forum about "animal cruelty" i.e. the dragon. I feel that way about rodents too, and hated to "use" them as was necessary!!

I also thought the puzzles were much less difficult (although I did skip a couple) than in other games, but still challenging. And the hidden object areas were good. The items you collect and how you use them is logical, which is a big plus. I haven't played any other of this developer's games, but I will now.

Funny, I had to edit this because the initials for "hidden object" were not allowed. Good grief the world has gone mad.

Edited on 04/11/2011 at 8:07:17 PM PST

safarinow
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by safarinow on Apr 12, 11 2:15 PM
I have never bought a CE before but I am going to get this one. Loved it and couldn't believe when the demo was over. It went by fast and I am not that far into it. I have a great fear of spiders, but I was so into the game that I was able to block them out - even the HUGE one that moved . I was captured by the story from the beginning. The graphics are good and I really am enjoying the music . To VOGART: Thanks for listing your other games. I own three and I have the other two still on demo so I will go back to them and finish (and probably buy). Gravely Silent will make six. I used the forum for comments and only found one that was quite negative and with which I disagreed. Thanks again safarinow (p.s. I also love your opening logo!)

Edited on 04/12/2011 at 2:18:32 PM PST

Go to: