runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Novel

[Post New]by runtotorun on Apr 16, 11 9:16 PM
jeffory wrote:You know there are some people who like the sparkles instead of wandering all over the place and having to click on everything in site to know what to do next, if you do not like the sparkles that is fine but quit griping about them because a lot of us that are not that great at these games (and I presume the ones who hate sparkles are geniuses) like to have some idea of what to do next, have been reading about the hate of the sparkles for weeks now and just had to finally say something!!!!!!!!!!

Well said. I don't see why people whine about sparkles. I find them helpful.

runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by runtotorun on Apr 16, 11 9:18 PM
Didn't care for it much. While the graphics were okay the game seemed too jerky and the sparkles almost non-existant....which should make some people very happy indeed.

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Apr 17, 11 8:11 AM
Great game! I really enjoyed it-despite the few mischaracterizations in a couple of the hog scenes. Storyline is solid, graphics are great. Puzzles are not mind numbingly difficult (which is right up my alley). The length of the game is appreciable.

Oops, I forgot one minor take-away. There is no walkthrough currently available. Which can be niggling for those of us who rely on WT's, and appreciate them in general. But, All in all, this game was very enjoyable!

I must say that the game graphic is not as attractive as it probably could have or should have been. Great game that could use a more solid graphic that grabs the attention right away.

I was away when the game was released here on BF. However, being a true BF HOG game junkie, as soon as I possibly could peruse the site for new games I missed while away, I began surfing the HOG section. But, I totally skipped over even clicking on the game graphic a few times. The only reason I downloaded it initially, was because there was a lull in hog's-and I was surfing the site looking for something-anything to play. Almost as an after thought (last resort)-I clicked on the game graphic. However, I must say that from looking at the graphic-I inherently thought that the game would be rather lame and a holdover until a good game came out. Joyfully, I was mistaken.

Edited on 04/17/2011 at 8:36:30 AM PST

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Apr 17, 11 8:29 AM
runtotorun wrote:
jeffory wrote:You know there are some people who like the sparkles instead of wandering all over the place and having to click on everything in site to know what to do next, if you do not like the sparkles that is fine but quit griping about them because a lot of us that are not that great at these games (and I presume the ones who hate sparkles are geniuses) like to have some idea of what to do next, have been reading about the hate of the sparkles for weeks now and just had to finally say something!!!!!!!!!!

Well said. I don't see why people whine about sparkles. I find them helpful.

I find them very helpful, as well. What I learned when playing this game was just how much I do rely on them. With this game, I learned very early on that I had to really take my time, utilize the old eagle eye; and click on anything that looked-even remotely-like something useful.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 18, 11 7:37 AM
I thought the game was quite fun, though I didn't much like having to kill a rat: I just wanted to move it out of my way! The final scene was quite amusing [spoiler alert] since I have never had to play the devil before, but I was a bit shocked when the game ended so abruptly.

[Post New]by Catfish11 on Apr 18, 11 8:16 AM
It's turns out to be quite a good hidden object game for me. Of course, there are some misspellings and so on, but I consider them just as another challenge for my brain. The game is simply harder. The more I play casual games the more I feel boring, that’s why it’s always good to see a different story from a different perspective. It’s very interesting to find out what was mentioned by a person from another side of the globe. Regarding the rat - it's a cruel world, you can't hide forever

vonee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by vonee on Apr 18, 11 10:05 PM
This game is a wast of money. Short and sweet. Do not Buy.

[Post New]by stem13 on Apr 19, 11 6:24 AM
I'm glad I've bought Mystery Novel. An interesting mysterious storyline is its main feature I think. Quite detailed scenes where the objects can be found without any trouble. There are some vocab mistakes, but I don't care about them. Nice HOG, worth to buy it, I'm sure.

[Post New]by Bassinthru on Apr 19, 11 11:20 AM
barbee44 wrote:I hate to tell you but it takes me days to finish a game. I can only play for so long and I have to quit for the day. I can't sit and do the games for hours on end. I just finished Dark Parables last night.

As far as the goryness (is that a word?) Look at Return to Ravenhurst? That was horribly gory but everyone liked it. I still think people are more critical of the less known developers.

The Big Fish game where we found people dead packed in ice was gory too.

It's just a game. The scenes are just pixels. I'm a fairly religious person, but the occult don't bother me either because it's not like I'm dabbling in the occult I'm just playing a game where someone else is. It's like reading a book to me.

Anyway, this game gets a "B" for me. It's not that bad. I bought Epic Adventures Cursed Overboard and I can't wait to finish it... wish I hadn't bought it. It's not as good as this one. The objects are the hardest to find I've ever experienced and some don't look like you expect.

I would gladly trade Cursed Overboard for Mystery Novel. And thanks to Pegleann for "making me" try it.

Contact Bigfish by email, let them know you aren't happy with the
"Epic Adventures Cursed Overboard" purchase and they will gladly give you a coupon to purchase a different game. I have done this on more than one occasion, and they have always been more than eager to email me a game credit coupon. They always want their subscribers to be 100% satisfied with their purchases...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 20, 11 6:26 AM
JunkyFish wrote:I don't understand those fishes who are indignant at the fact of the electric chair and burning the rat in the prison.

Actually, nobody gets "fried" in this game. You see someone going into the electric chair and his soul transports to somewhere else.

Also, if you read the text about the rats, the man says that "if there is one thing rats hate, it`s fire" or something similar.
The rats don`t get burned. You pour the gasoline onto the ground where the rats are, and light it. And the moment the flames come up, the rats disappear. They were supposed to have ran away, not got burned.

I also don`t understand all the problems some peeps have with this game. It`s a matter of understanding what is really going on in this game.

I enjoyed playing it very much, despite the occasional misspelled and wrong words used in the H0 scenes.

[Post New]by sunnyskies3 on Apr 20, 11 5:29 PM
The beginning of the game was interesting, with scenes of a town, where the hero was undergoing investigations, which was reasonable. But then it went downhill all the way, when it changed to a gruesome and ugly scenario of a deserted prison on an island. To top that off, the ending was just plain ASININE!!!

A disappointing game!!!

Edited on 04/20/2011 at 5:30:31 PM PST

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 22, 11 11:05 PM
Valdy wrote:
JunkyFish wrote:I don't understand those fishes who are indignant at the fact of the electric chair and burning the rat in the prison.

Actually, nobody gets "fried" in this game. You see someone going into the electric chair and his soul transports to somewhere else.

Also, if you read the text about the rats, the man says that "if there is one thing rats hate, it`s fire" or something similar.
The rats don`t get burned. You pour the gasoline onto the ground where the rats are, and light it. And the moment the flames come up, the rats disappear. They were supposed to have ran away, not got burned.

I also don`t understand all the problems some peeps have with this game. It`s a matter of understanding what is really going on in this game.

I enjoyed playing it very much, despite the occasional misspelled and wrong words used in the H0 scenes.

I hope you are right: I felt like I had killed the rat because I didn't see it run away. I'm not "indignant"; I just felt bad...

Edited on 04/22/2011 at 11:09:51 PM PST

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Apr 23, 11 10:30 PM
A bit on the short side, and I would say I'm an average, but experienced player. Interesting game, but I would agree that it was more interesting in town than once you arrive on the island. It would have been nice to have more rooms to explore both in town and at the prison. All in all, made for a non-stressful evening of game-play.

I did want to add that I found the ending amusing, when our intrepid investigator materializes back into his own body, and he's sitting there with his legs crossed, like he's just finished having drinks with friends, rather than having battled for his life with some demon! (highlight to read spoiler)

Edited on 04/23/2011 at 10:31:00 PM PST

[Post New]by properdoner on Apr 25, 11 7:11 AM
I find this game really interesting and I think it deserves attention of each HOG lovers. Hidden object scenes are detailed well and it is quite easy for me to find all the items. I wasn't confused by the vocab mistakes. The set of mini games are usual, nothing special here. Well, nice HOG, not bad, I like it)

[Post New]by ocgarden on Apr 27, 11 8:24 AM
I like this game, and am surprised at how much negative feedback. It is not a 20-hour hunt, but has a plausible story line and hidden object scenes that are very well rendered. Objects not usually hard to find (although some funny item names that give away the "English is not my first language" basis of game developers).

I had free game coupon from last month's purchases, so maybe not a hard decision to buy (for 0.00!). But I recommend this as a fun game that will keep you involved but not frustrated or needing a walkthrough or forum to complete.

[Post New]by dixiegurl7497 on May 2, 11 9:08 PM
hannah57 wrote:I've played for about 35 min and I don't know if I'd buy it or not. It seems like a pretty straight foward game and the crow bar will open the chest in the yard at the house. It will give you a shovel to dig the hole next to it.

Its not the crowbar that opens the chest its the screwdriver... Just thought I'd correct that part....

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on May 3, 11 9:58 AM
Hey guys - sometimes the developer's language IS English, it's just not American! Look at it as a way of improving your vocabulary.

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on May 9, 11 1:19 PM
Mmmmm! I enjoyed the game but is it old? The cursor kept stopping and then shooting across the screen to catch up and the rat in the prison ran like someone with a problem. I'm still chuckling at 'guanna' (Iguana?) which sounds a bit like seagull droppings.

Many thanks.

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on May 28, 11 7:45 PM
Played 31 minutes. Ugh.

Good:
Music is nice
Art is nice
Plot I think might be good

Bad:
Back and forth running to artificially extend the game's play time was taken to the limit here and beyond.
Go to Police station to notice Object. Go down street to get Object. Go further to use Object to open Object to get object to run BACK to the Police station to get the Object.
There is no real link to many of your actions.
No LOGICAL explanation, either.
"Aigh! I just aged 30 years - I'd better tell the police. But first I must repair this stool...."

Agreed on the dialog going by too fast.
And this thing will wait before acknowledging your click.

Not a recommend. Could have been so much better.

uschina
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by uschina on Jun 30, 11 7:40 AM

Well I hate those sparkles not because they point to something but because
they normally trigger a junk **** scene which I really hate in these games.

Go to: