carolpin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by carolpin on Apr 18, 11 6:40 PM
WOW! I thought this was a great game. It had everything I enjoy in a game. The *** items were placed quite strategically. So no they weren't all easy finds. Finally a developer has listened and acted on what the majority wants in a CE. I have played many CE's since 2007, and have enjoyed most of the ones I've played; but I don't utilize the wallpaper etc. I agree with Bella, in regards to Bonus game play this has topped Sherlock Holmes **** game. That has been number one for a while with Shivers right behind it.

I don't post often as you can see; but I do read all the post. I thank you all for the time you take to post your comments and opinions.

If you are on the fence with this one.................jump over.

bonnie112345
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bonnie112345 on Apr 18, 11 8:32 PM
This is one of the best games I have played in a long time! All this week, no good games! Then BAM! I could not stop playing! The bonus section is fantastic....almost as long as the game! Loved the story! I kinda get tired of the "love story" types. Keep more games like this comming! Bought the CE, not sorry because the strategy guide came in handy a few times. I liked how you had to go to main menu. It wasn't too easy to get too (no too hard either!).

[Post New]by stelle_59 on Apr 19, 11 6:31 PM
gea1988 wrote:I'm stuck! I'm at the hidden elevator and I have all the medals except the telekinesis one with the hand and ball. Anyone know where it is so I can finish? Thanks
I'm stuck at the same place. If you find the answer please let me know , this is driving me crazy.

murphy1923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1923 on Apr 19, 11 7:40 PM
Great game! The minigames weren't the usual, mostly unique, and I usually exclaimed "Cool!" when I finished one. I really appreciated the variety and difficulty - though not too difficult since I didn't skip any. The hidden objects games had a certain wit in the making of combinations. Worth the price to me!

HolyCowBoy
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by HolyCowBoy on Apr 20, 11 2:38 AM
One of the greatest adventure games , whats I was played, but, i think game is too men-oriented : Great War, nazi scientists, mature content( dead animals ,suffered mans).
For this reason, the game might upset somebody.

I am realy tired of fairy tail stories again and again and this is good that games like this are diluted common flow.

Edited on 04/20/2011 at 2:39:39 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Apr 20, 11 10:48 AM
emmyjayne wrote:Wasn't thrilled with this game. The storyline, music, and artwork is just downright grim, although the graphics are clear. The bonus content was one HOG after another with the same objects over and over. Couldn't stand the journal that kept sparkling every time a new goal or storyline was added - very distracting. I found myself just wanting to finish the game as fast as possible. Since I paid the CE price I felt I had to finish the entire game. Otherwise, I probably would have abandoned. Not my cup of tea at all.

Glad someone agrees with me, I was feeling very lonely in this forum !!

Silvia_B
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Silvia_B on Apr 20, 11 11:25 AM
I decided I wasn't going to buy another CE until next month. BUT when I demo this game, I was so involved with it, when my time was up, I immediately bought it to continue my adventure. There has to be a support group for Big Fish Games, it is so addicting.

Great graphics, loved the mini-games. I would recommend this game to everyone.

Silvia

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Apr 20, 11 2:13 PM
This is one of the best games I have played in the last year. The bonus game is very long. I think just the bonus game alone is better than a lot of $6.99 games.

Edited on 04/20/2011 at 2:20:06 PM PST

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Apr 21, 11 6:21 AM
I think that most the fishes are female. They are drawn to story lines of a sister looking tor a lost brother or father type. I think that this story line does get a little weird but it is a change from the type of games that have come out lately.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Apr 21, 11 2:22 PM
I just now finished this game and LOVE it. There was a lot to do with some to-and- froing, but it was easy to navigate. I liked the puzzles and only skipped two. It starts out rather scary, but eases up and I was able to really get into it. I did notice that about 3 times I had to click a few times in the HOGs to get the cursor to grab it, but only 3 times. The bonus game was so long that it was almost like a game in itself. The SG was a blessing as I needed to refer to it a few times, but not many. This is a good game IMHO.....enjoy.

ETA: The graphics are not brightly colored as is appropriate for the story, but the objects in the HOG's are not darkish.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Apr 21, 11 7:33 PM
I just finished the game and have to say that I really enjoyed it! Yes, there were historical inaccuracies, but I just overlooked them and reminded myself it was only a game, no harm there. This was a very long play game for me as I really don't like to use hints or the SG, and I always try to find the **** in the order of the list (OCD much??? LOLL) Not really, I just do it to prolong the play time in order to get my monies worth out of a game. The bonus game was very long, which really surprised and pleased me, made it well worth the CE price, in my opinion. The ending informs you that a sequel is to follow... and will take place in an orphanage... I'm a little tired of the orphan story line, but what are you going to do?

I hope that if you are on the fence with this one, that you'll at least try it... you may be pleasantly surprised!!

[Post New]by jenifercher on Apr 22, 11 6:25 AM
I must say that I believe that has the best CE for the money. The bonus chapter was well thought out, long, challenging and worth it. Most bonus chapters are short and not as hard and not as well thought out but this one had everything. I wish more bonus chapters were this good and I wouldn't hesitate to spend the extra $ on the CE!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 22, 11 7:32 AM
Just finished the game. I agree with all of the other positive reviews. Great graphics and storyline, kept me interested.

This game is well worth the CE price. This is one of the longest games I have ever played.
It would have been nice to have the SG on the game page and if it remembered where you were in the game, I dont want to have to click on the chapter then click pages to get where I am stuck lol.

There were minor issues on some of the items, had to click repeatedly for it to take.

Cant wait for the next sequel!!!

Super happy game day to all fishies

JamieJBD
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by JamieJBD on Apr 22, 11 9:05 AM
LOVE THIS GAME!

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Apr 22, 11 1:14 PM
Very nice- Liked everything about it, Enjoyed Bonus Content also.
Built in SG also makes these CE's worthwhile if you get stuck.
Thanks BFG for another winner!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Apr 22, 11 5:39 PM
I played this game at a friend’s house. She buys almost all the CEs. I played for about 2 hrs. This is a terrible game. I tried to keep going but I was bored silly. Having to go into the SG to find out I had to fix the wires simply by touching them, after looking all over for tape ticked me off. A lot of this type of game are dreary by design and need. This game is simply dead, nothing, nada,zip. x 10

I’ve seen this game compared to ”Green Hills” in some posts. Please, Green Hills was exciting, colorful considering the nature of the story. There was humor (sick) and characters I actually liked. The graphics and game play were great. There was so much thought put in every aspect. This game seems like it was made by a bunch of armatures with absolutely no interest in putting out a quality game. I can’t imagine paying $14 for it as I decided it wasn’t even worth finishing it even for free.

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Apr 22, 11 10:28 PM
Wow, sounds like somebody is in a bad mood.

I really like this game. I'm not quite through with the bonus adventure yet, but so far I'm loving everything about it, the hogs, puzzles, atmosphere...really liked the music too. Awesome sound effects.

I give it a !!!

Happy gaming everyone!

[Post New]by dianebursack on Apr 23, 11 5:57 AM
I will think about buying it when the regular edition comes out, but it cut me off after 35 minutes. Big disappointment! Come on, can an hour trial last an hour?

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Apr 23, 11 8:14 AM
"Wow, sounds like somebody is in a bad mood. "

Actually I’m in a good mood. I’ve been playing Ghost Ship and like it very much.

We all have different tastes and I just think this is a cheesy game. I hope others won’t judge me because of my opinion in a forum where all opinions are invited.

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Apr 23, 11 9:15 AM
cll1950 wrote:

We all have different tastes and I just think this is a cheesy game. I hope others won’t judge me because of my opinion in a forum where all opinions are invited.

I didn't mean to judge you. Sorry if that's how it came across. I just thought your opinion was rather harsh. Especially the part where you said, "This game seems like it was made by a bunch of amateurs with absolutely no interest in putting out a quality game." Would you say that to the faces of the people who put all of their hard work into this game? I guess I'm just not the type of person to go out and say something like that whether I like the game or not. Anyway, like you said, we all have our own opinion.

Edited on 04/23/2011 at 9:16:05 AM PST

Go to: