bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 23, 11 4:58 AM
I agree with tj1147! I noticed right off that you can't read the dialogue and click to next. I read it faster than they speak and don't care to wait. Luckily the dialogue is limited in this. Unlike some lately.

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Apr 23, 11 8:16 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:

The present theme is different - "the saved baby princess" runs in many tales: a witch comes to ruin a kingdom, but the baby heir is saved; usually she is raised by the maid or another good witch, until she is ready to claim his/her kingdom, or meet a prince, and reveals her royal roots. The saved baby is alive all the time, but has to hide from the wicked witch.

And of course there are variations on the theme - sometimes it's a prince, sometimes it's an evil sorcerer instead a of "witch", etc. etc.

My favorite in the genre is the "Drawn" series.

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Apr 23, 11 2:02 PM
I throughly enjoyed this game. It seems that I find myself looking forward to the weekly Collectors Edition because they have have always been exceptional, but they have also caused me to be more critical of some of the other weekly offers.

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Apr 23, 11 2:07 PM
Great game, loved it! Some hidden objects scenes, but not too many, really have to use your brain to work out what to do with the objects you pick up along the way. Fantastic puzzles too! Would recommend to anyone who loves HOG and adventure games.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Apr 23, 11 2:59 PM
Bought it when it was issued and with my family coming from France, Spain and Germany, no chance to play it. First time this happens to me !! Anyway it's 3 a.m and I just managed to creep out of bed and play half an hour. So far so good, lots of H0 scenes, lovely graphics, easy mini games, hint takes quite a while to refill, still I really enjoyed these few minutes of game I managed to steal from my sleeping family. Good game.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Apr 23, 11 7:26 PM
An excellent game. I would put it up with all the top ones. New mini games that can be figured out with some thought. Good story line and graphics. Will go into my replay column! It did fill my 17 inch laptop screen. If the scenes were a little slow changing it's because the computer has to catch up with the resolutions but it all worked well. Thanks BFG

Edited on 04/23/2011 at 7:29:05 PM PST

hgfr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by hgfr on Apr 24, 11 1:41 PM
The only complaint I have about this game is that it wasn't long enough. It seems like it was over before it started. I never had any technical problems what so ever. I really enjoyed it. Thanks.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Apr 24, 11 2:05 PM
crazy8club wrote:Even if the game is offered in trial mode and is a CE if it says play free for one hour then the game has to last for an hour. if it only lasts for 30 min. or less then it is FALSE advertising .what might work in trial mode might not work when game is purchased. happened to many times.

This game does not say "play free for one hour" on the game page. It says "play a sample version" which is what any of the games that stop at a certain point in the game for the demo say.

[Post New]by celticmist62 on Apr 24, 11 5:13 PM
I really liked the game even though I thought it was a bit short. I didn't have any technical issues but there was a little confusion in one of the hidden object games (I believe it's in the portion of the castle on the way to the tower). When the game asks you to find "cancer" ... cancer equates a crab; not a scorpion. Scorpio = scorpion.

grammy8x
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by grammy8x on Apr 24, 11 6:13 PM
I hate spending the money on CE's but I'm glad I did for this one. Loved the game and the story. Lots of **** scenes. Took me a couple of days to finish since I only play for a little while but it was fun. Now I'm playing the "extra". WOW. Thanks fishes for all your reviews they were the reason I decided to buy!!!

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Apr 25, 11 3:50 AM
Splendid game, once again ERS develps. and production realesead a top game, worth 5 1/2 , thanks for your work and to BFG !

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 3:54:00 AM PST

[Post New]by vanessar87 on Apr 25, 11 6:39 PM
if you want to play a lame game with absolutely no challenge what so ever this is a game for you, my 6yo son beat this game without any help or using hints a BIG dissapointment considering all of the great reviews very misleading.....

mavethrave
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mavethrave on Apr 26, 11 11:57 AM
I played the trial of this and loved it. I loved everything about it. When my time ran out I quickly bought it so I could go on with it. I thought the story line was interesting, the artwork was very good and all in all I loved it. Here's my one and only complaint. It was short! Counting the 60 minute trial time, I played this game in an hour and a half. I hate it that I paid 14 bucks for a very short game. I never use all the screen savers and other junk that comes with a CE so really, this was a waste of money for me. I should have waited for the regular edition to come out and next time I will. I bet if they gave us the option from the start of which verison we want to purchase, they'd sell more games period. I know a lot of people who wait for the other versions to come out.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Apr 26, 11 3:16 PM
Easter over, my (large) family has gone so I was able to play it entirely. A bit too short but may be it's because it wasn't very difficult (in fact you don't need the SG). I solved each and every mini game which is very seldom for me in games. Graphics were pretty good, music not intrusive. Nice, sweet game which I thoroughly enjoyed. I should have waited for the SE as the extra bit is quite short but it gives a real end to the story so...
Anyway don't regret my money, a quiet, nice, easy game was all I wanted after these wild easter days. Good game.

skb52
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by skb52 on Apr 27, 11 6:52 PM
I played the demo game for the entire hour, really liked the game, but because it's more expensive than the other games, and I have had problems with a game that I purchased in the past, I came to the forum to see what other's were saying about it. Based on what I read in the technical issues forum, I'm not going to buy..... was really tempted, but don't want to buy and then find i can't complete the game. I really didn't have much difficulty with the demo, however it did run a bit slow at times, but not so much as to really interfere with play. For 13.99 I'm definately going to be checking out the forums before I buy.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Apr 28, 11 12:27 AM
I actually didn't try the demo. I decided to buy it based on a walkthrough on another site. And I haven't had any problems so far. But I have a newer computer.

I've actually played the game off and on for about 5 hours today and only got a little ways through Chapter 6. According to the strategy guide I'm at page 30 out of 50 (that's including the bonus chapter). I'm surprised to read that people finished this in 3 to 4 hours. I haven't used any hints or skips so far, but I have used the strategy guide. But even if I hadn't stopped to breathe over the past 5 hours, I never would have finished it in 3 or 4 hours. I am slower at hidden object games, but I don't think this game is as short as some people are saying. You could finish this in one sitting...if you start early enough.

In my opinion, this is the BEST game ERS Game Studios has done so far. It's so REFRESHING!!! The graphics are great. And like someone else said, you don't need an exorcism (thus far) for either yourself or your computer after playing. I actually like this better than "Princess Isabella." I would actually buy more of the ERS games if there were more like this one.

I didn't mind paying the $13.99 this time because I've only purchased 8 Collector's Editions from BFG in the past 12 months. I don't regret paying it for this game. But if you decide against the CE, then I would definitely recommend the standard version when it comes out.

****(I finished the game and it took me about another 2 hours of actual playing time. So I think for me, if I hadn't taken any breaks it would have been about 5 hours total. I played on easy mode. The length was fine for me.)****

Edited on 04/28/2011 at 5:49:59 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 29, 11 8:23 AM
I just would like to say something to the developers: I adore your games, but I would really appreciate it if we were allowed to see the inside of the Strategy Guide while playing the demo. You don´t have to open the whole SG for us in the demo, just the part that includes the trial version.

Most other developers are doing it now, and some even give us access to the whole Strategy Guide while playing the demo.

I am sure ERS isn`t going to lose anything by letting us see at least part of the SG while playing the trial version.

Thank you.

Miridau
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Miridau on Apr 30, 11 7:50 AM
I thought this game was absolutely splendid. I only played about 10 minutes of the trial version and then decided to buy. Of about 200 games, this is the first CE for me. Well worth the money. Loved it!!

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Apr 30, 11 8:24 AM
At last!! This game PROVES developers can hide hidden objects very well without making them microscopic!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, ERS!!!

I loved this game and had zero technical issues playing it, save for the fact it didn't fit my 17" laptop screen. Most games don't and I don't know how to set the resolution to correct that. Can anyone help me with this??? (Thanks in advance!)

It's true that the plot is same ol'-same ol'.... but the graphics were great, and and there were plenty of scenes to play... except for the bonus game which I thought was a little on the short side. That being said, I'm glad I purchased the CE, and am NEVER disappointed with anything ERS puts out.

Not sure how many hours it took me, but I had 3 days of game play after work, which is about the usual for a CE. I don't use (many) hints and only used the SG once on this... I really like to ponder a while and figure things out by myself. I always play a game on easy mode, shelf it for a couple of months and go back and play in expert mode... this way I really feel like I get my monies worth from a CE.

I can't wait for the next offering from ERS!! Happy Gaming!!

ladymajik
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ladymajik on May 1, 11 4:08 PM
this is a really fantastic game! I could play it over and over. The story line is great and kept me interested all the way. Beautiful graphics. I could actually do 99% of the puzzles as normally I get bored with trying to do them and skip them, but these had an interest to them. I completed the game and then went on and played the extra game component. Well worth the price and a game I think is better in the collectors edition as I don't think you would get the extra game play with the standard version. well done BF.

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 4:11:16 PM PST

Go to: