ivoryblue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Fallen Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by ivoryblue on Jun 15, 11 9:49 PM
I can't get past the first part after going into the house. Won't let me go upstairs. I have reenstalled several times. It just freezes and even the hint button won"t activate. When are you going to fix? Seems a lot of players have been having problems for a few months. The trial seemed to work OK. Then after I bought it, here we go. Please hurry!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 15, 11 11:02 PM
Hi there ivoryblue (and others of you who also had this problem),
I also had this problem initially, but it was fixed when I deleted my old profile and started a new one.
If you have already started a new profile, delete them all and start again. The problem seems to be associated with the first profile and the others won't work until all of them are cleared out.
You might even have to find the "roaming" folder for this game and delete it also before you start again.
Of course, you have to start over again, but this should help you to move on.
Cheers

ivoryblue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ivoryblue on Jun 16, 11 8:32 PM
Thanks DragonLadyOz. You are a life saver. I deleted my profile and now it works. It still needs to be fixed. Who would have guessed to do that? Actually, I started with a fresh profile the first time because I wanted to start fresh. That's when I ran into the problem. But, all fixed now!! Keep your fingers crossed. Hope it works for others. I don't believe I saw a "roaming" folder. What is that? Thanks again.

[Post New]by kharaka on Jun 19, 11 5:02 PM
I tried to play the trial, it says mode not supported. I tried to change my pixels to 1600 by 900 but my flat screen monitor does not support. So, I uninstalled. If they work the kinks out I would like to download the trial again and play it to see if I want to purchase. But, for now, not going to screw up my computer anymore, it went to black, and all I could hear was music (twice).

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jun 26, 11 10:27 PM
just like most others on here having issues five minutes into this game. after seeing Grandpa silhouette. haved tried some of the solutions recommended by others like uninstalling (both through games manager and through the actual progam files folder) and then reinstalled. done this about FOUR times and yet still no damn progress. have tried deleting profiles but that doesnt do anything either. soooo regretting buying this game. and yes extremely sloooooooooooow.
noticed a post from BIG FISH two months ago talking about these issues but clearly nothing has been done. are they giving refunds for this game since it aint fixed yet since so many people having problems. or?? they could just remove the game altogether so no other loyal BF users encounter the same problem.
very disappointed in this buy. are there any other solutions that I should try while I wait for a response from the Big Fish Crew??

and I dont know why but for some reason my username has changed to NULL!! what the???

Edited on 06/26/2011 at 10:28:51 PM PST

[Post New]by pswift11 on Jun 28, 11 10:27 AM
I have alot of prob's, also..loading, freezing, black screen while waiting..cursor jumpy ect... I smell a *REFUND to ALL of OUR ACCOUNTS!

[Post New]by oldcodyjr on Jul 29, 11 4:05 PM
I have not had any technical issues (I have Windows 7) except maybe what is "the end" of the game. All I know is that after I go through the tunnel, and then am told to hide as some "scary" apparition passes, the screen is totally black with soft eerie music in the background...do I keep listening and something will happen? Is this the end? if so, why doesn't it say "The End" and roll the credits?

I agree with others that some of the miniscule hidden objects are impossible to find. I finally get the "hint" and have to click and click around inside the circle until something is hit... but it quickly is gone and I'm never able to see what I had just found...and the list of objects to find has the object's name quickly disappear, so that I have to think and ponder and try to figure out what I just "found" by random clicking inside the hint circle.

What appears to be the abrupt end of the game into eerie blackness isn't satisfactory to me -- I want to know it's the end with credits rolling.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 29, 11 11:25 PM
oldcodyjr wrote:I have not had any technical issues (I have Windows 7) except maybe what is "the end" of the game. All I know is that after I go through the tunnel, and then am told to hide as some "scary" apparition passes, the screen is totally black with soft eerie music in the background...do I keep listening and something will happen? Is this the end? if so, why doesn't it say "The End" and roll the credits?

I agree with others that some of the miniscule hidden objects are impossible to find. I finally get the "hint" and have to click and click around inside the circle until something is hit... but it quickly is gone and I'm never able to see what I had just found...and the list of objects to find has the object's name quickly disappear, so that I have to think and ponder and try to figure out what I just "found" by random clicking inside the hint circle.

What appears to be the abrupt end of the game into eerie blackness isn't satisfactory to me -- I want to know it's the end with credits rolling.

I just finished the game and got that black screen also. I just clicked on the screen and then I clicked on the bottom left by the bag and the wall does open.

Re:Technical issues - Slow Transitions

[Post New]by LaVonNadine on Oct 21, 11 12:51 AM
pizzablue wrote:I really like this game, just wish it didn't take so long for my computer to change between scenes. My screen goes black and I can see the cursor but I have to wait for the next scene to come on...

Ditto; much as I like it the transitions are much too slow and will probably annoy me if I buy it.

[Post New]by bwlady707 on Nov 17, 11 6:56 AM
I am on the hidden object screen just outside the greenhouse and for weeks now I have been trying to get the catarpillar but it just either isn't there or it won't capture it. What should I do??????

[Post New]by billcoxnyc on Aug 27, 14 12:40 PM
The game doesn't "Save" for me. I've started it twice, but when I guit the game, it doesn't save where I was and starts at the beginning.

Edited on 08/27/2014 at 12:40:54 PM PST

Go to: