ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Silent Scream: The Dancer

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 27, 11 7:23 PM
so much is wrong with this game... this woman is soooo not the kind of heroine i was hoping for... she's completely off her rocker and since i really don't like her, i'm actually hoping that her kid is somewhere safe with a new family that will love and take care of her like she deserves...

the graphics are... interesting... i'll give the devs kudos on being a little original there and having those skewed scenes and watery colors - different, but it doesn't sell me when the story keeps punching me in the gut... and the voice-over sounded like she could have been reading a recipe out of a cook book - so deadpan, no emotion in my eyes...

frankly, i think she gives dancers everywhere a bad name... and to think that she actually thought she was okay if she was friends with a cop?! sorry, lady, but you work for the biggest, baddest crime boss in town - there's nowhere you can go that he won't find you and no one that can't be bought while he's in power...

the mini-games aren't much to dote on... and the game is so linear that you can't do anything unless the game wants you to... big brother, anyone? so this is SO not the game for me...

for those of you who are enjoying it, please help the little girl...

for the rest of us... hoodoo, anyone?

momo_gamer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by momo_gamer on Apr 29, 11 5:16 AM
I had fun playing this, not the best storyline, but I must admit that the end is suprisingly good.
the artwork.. I can understand why some people don't like the art.. for me.. Its not bad, just unusual.. unique, different, and it reminds me of Tim Burton, love it.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Apr 29, 11 12:03 PM
I have to say, I did enjoy this game even though there were a few strange or annoying things about it. There were very strange angles in some scenes, and it didn't let you pick inventory items up until you needed them which I did not like.
Cartoon type graphics, challenging puzzles, casual or advanced mode- I like when they give you a choice how you want to play. All in all, I would say this game is a bit different, so it is a buy for me.

Edited on 04/29/2011 at 12:05:37 PM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Apr 29, 11 4:56 PM
did not care for this game at all,

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Apr 30, 11 3:32 PM
momo_gamer wrote:I had fun playing this, not the best storyline, but I must admit that the end is suprisingly good.
the artwork.. I can understand why some people don't like the art.. for me.. Its not bad, just unusual.. unique, different, and it reminds me of Tim Burton, love it.

It reminded me of the classic Tim Burton style as well, which is a macabre art style. This is one of the reasons I found myself liking it. I played the demo hour and so far was pleased.

It can be irritating to back-track to pick up items; however, it does keep the inventory clean. Imagine how many items we would have to scroll through in our inventory if we could pick up everything at once! To me, that would be more frustrating.

The atmosphere is creepy and so far the story-line has kept my interest. I am just going to take a peek at the walk-through to check length and if it looks decent then this will be a buy for me. Based on a sheer unique approach. Plus I've got a weak spot for noir style graphics.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Apr 30, 11 3:45 PM
angelfishsb wrote:I am really concerned about the state of mind of some of these developers. Why does most of the games have to be so dark and morbid. And, what's with "Precious" speaking everytime you click on a hidden object. I could really live without that.

I love dark and morbid. Butterflies and rainbows are not my cup of tea. If state of mind is in question because of this, maybe I should be a developer!

They can keep the dark ones coming: I just wish that devs would get a bit more creative with the various story-lines. I am not specifically referring to this game, as I am so far impressed with the story-line, but am referring to the genre overall. I like new themes, dark, but new and unique.

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on May 1, 11 10:29 AM
sadly an other no buy for me to slow and advanced mode still gives sparkles

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on May 1, 11 11:19 AM
From all the comments read on this game. I think I can do without it. Tired of the games that rely on scare tactics as of way of being interesting.

[Post New]by Kddavids on May 2, 11 5:14 PM
Really wish there had been a warning on this for the "scare" factor. My 7 year old plays HOG with me to practice her reading skills and they gave her bad dreams Would have skipped letting her play this one if I'd known.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on May 3, 11 5:05 PM
The bonus chapter is very brief....I did like this game...the graphics are very different than what i am use to...over all a good game...

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on May 3, 11 8:04 PM
innej wrote:I must be the only one who keeps hearing "Sick Boy" when you find an object

It's an odd game but I do kind of like it. I'll probably mark it as a Daily Deal or Catch of the Week buy. Not sure I like it enough otherwise.

It was confusing at first because you could find useful objects but you can't really pick them up until you get to a point where you need them. That's a little too 'by the hand' for my tastes.

"Sick Boy" is stuck in my head now!

I heard "sick boy" too!!! Was trying to figure out what it meant to the story line

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on May 5, 11 7:31 AM
This is the only game I have played so far that has made me jump and gasp! (Not quite scream, but close) Most of the games I have bought here are rather lame in the spooky department, but I have jumped twice now, and I am not even done!
I can see what people mean on some of the comments here. It is rather strange. You don't get the sense that this is in China or some other Asian country when you look at the "white" people, but there is a definite Asian slant with some of the names and the apartment where she lives. Kinda strange, but I am really liking this game, despite some of the idiosyncrasies that are present throughout the game.
I would LOVE to see more scary games like this. It isn't gory scary, just suspense scary. IMHO

Oh yes, I also wanted to mention that I also hear sick boy, but not sure what the other thing is that she whispers.

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 7:32:17 AM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 7, 11 9:34 AM
Beautiful graphics. The stylized art is stunning. I didn't mind the woman's voice, though I have read that others did. The story is rich and keeps one wondering. Brilliant! Sadly this game has scary parts which means a no buy for me. I don't do scary. Still a brilliant game.

This game is an A.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on May 9, 11 1:26 AM
I so wanted to like this game. The different angles and cartoonish drawing appealed to me, but it was SO irritating not being able to pick up objects that you know you will need later. I got stuck putting the doll's eye back on and decided to call it quits.

jazzl2010
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by jazzl2010 on May 9, 11 1:33 PM
NO...NO...NO...again another monotonous game with a drone voice over..you almost forgot the premise of the game and fell asleep yourself...

gammafish
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by gammafish on May 10, 11 9:10 AM
I liked the game, I'd pretty much figured out the surprises at the end early on. Made me feel all smurt!!

The only thing I disliked, and actually really despised, was the "move things really slow so people won't hear" games.

[Post New]by forensicnut on May 15, 11 6:10 AM
I've just about had it with this game.....it's driving me mad.

Lot's of gliches and lots of fustrating moments. I think I'm done with it now I can't get the key from the flowerpot!!!! Every time I click on the pot I'm sent back to the top of the stairs to the safe view and sparkles scene. Grrrrrrrr. Anyone got any ideas???

KitSeason
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by KitSeason on May 20, 11 12:37 PM
Reading the reviews I'm almost convinced I'll buy this, maybe as someone said as DD. I like the graphics and that it's kind of quirky, not quite the typical IHOG.

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on May 29, 11 3:12 PM
After reading all of the comments here, I decided to download the trial and at least try it. The Mac version has some glitches and the game keeps quitting unexpectedly, which has never happened before. After quitting 3 times, I just deleted it.

The negative comments here are so very true - it's very irritating to see things you can't pick up until the game wants you to, lots of hand-holding even in advanced mode, and the unrealistic/stupid story line.

I'm assuming this game is made by a Russian development company; they are usually the ones that can't spell worth a darn. Developers: if you're going to use ellipsis marks - they consist of THREE periods, not four or two. Or does your native language put two periods at the end of a sentence? This grammar stuff really irritates me in these games - it seems these game companies need good proofreaders. Hey - I'm a proofreader and I've been unemployed for 2 years. PLEASE give me a job!

This one is a huge NO BUY for me - too many irritating factors plus the Mac version has glitches.

No thanks.

[Post New]by Shannon282007 on May 29, 11 6:26 PM
This was a fun game. The main character's voice over is bad...really flat and emotionless...but the game play is great! i didn't mind that the scenes and hidden object scenes are all drawn. it wasn't difficult to figure out what was what. the bonus chapter is hardly worth playing. it's so short and disappointing that it's laughable but at least they didn't market this as a CE because i think it would have pissed a LOT of people off lol. anyway, this was fun and kind of creepy in some parts. it's worth playing as long as you skip the "bonus chapter."

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 6:27:47 PM PST

Go to: