d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love

[Post New]by d0080b on May 4, 11 9:41 AM
Beautiful graphics, cool environment, nice H0 scenes, excellent help feature which will direct you to where you should go next during game play if you think that you're out of options (like I found myself twice).

Very enjoyable game, a bit on the short side but certainly worth the purchase price.

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on May 4, 11 12:09 PM
Nice game, but I can't play the arc or slider puzzles. I'll buy it if there's an update.

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on May 4, 11 2:14 PM
I liked the game it takes me longer than everyone else to get to the END.IF some say 2 i know its a good 4-5 for me.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on May 4, 11 3:44 PM
I enjoyed the demo, but it seems on the short side. The graphics were good and the hidden object scenes were challenging (but not too challenging!) I didn't love the sparkles and there seemed to be more "locked doors" then usual, but those are only minor detractions. Would buy the game if it was longer.

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on May 4, 11 7:06 PM
Very enjoyable game. It has the cartoon-board cut-scenes of its Mystery Chronicles predecessor, the same charming French locale, the same French gentleman main character although he'd be over 100 years apart from his counterpart in the previous game. A warning: bring an extra pair of sneakers because you're going to be doing some traveling!

Pros: Lovely interior art, especially the castle rooms. Excellent hint system. Beautiful music, neither cloying nor repetitive. Plot kept moving. Some original puzzles that were just the right difficulty level. A couple of amusing red herrings. Oh, and a very cool steam car.

Cons: Some H0 scenes a little dark, one (at least) object obscured by the Diary at the bottom of the screen. One plot hole involving a letter in which the writer referred to a suspect by a title he/she couldn't have had yet. A minor thing, really, except that it confused the detective's timeline.

Overall, high marks. Anyone who enjoyed the first Mystery Chronicles' atmosphere as I did will love this one. Four fins of five.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on May 5, 11 7:12 AM
i too found the hog scenes hard on my old eyes

sea_maid
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by sea_maid on May 5, 11 7:27 AM
At best, the game was average. Good enough for playing it once, but I doubt you'll be replaying it..

I don't know why this one was so short, the previous Mystery Chronicles was longer than this, and it kept you guessing as to who was the murderer. In this one, the storyline was so predictable, you could pretty much figure out who murdered the Countess since the beginning.

And the Hidden Object scenes weren't that much better. Some objects were so ridiculously small and blended, there was no way you could have seen them, even if you had perfect vision.

The only thing I could say was good was the graphics, other than that, it was not up to the standards of current HOG.

In short, an okay game, but not better than its predecessor.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on May 5, 11 2:25 PM
Great graphics....challenging game play. Story was a little slow, but not horrible. Good length. I only had to use the walkthrough twice because I didn't know I had to go back to a scene for a hidden object part again and I couldn't find where I was suppose to go!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on May 6, 11 9:05 AM
This game is completely worth every cent..I bought the game and I had fun for hours..Keep th em coming BF thx DEV's..

MIRNI
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MIRNI on May 6, 11 7:26 PM
Excellent game.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on May 6, 11 7:37 PM
I thought the game length was pretty decent...i did enjoy this very much...i started to notice the pattern...you play each **** scene twice...so if you are stuck & need an item to interact with with something, just keep going back to previous **** scenes & you will eventually get the item you need...there is alot to explore...there are many different areas you need to get a key for etc. It was a good game all & all.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 7, 11 7:13 AM
Just finished playing this game. Enjoyed the game but if it wasn't for the "walk through" I would still be stumbling around. The HINT button worked well for the hidden object scenes but seemed to get stuck on "using the the Cesar" for anything else so I had no hints to move around in this game and because the game moves so often from location to location for clues, having no hints made it very difficult. After using the walk through a few times I could not imagine being able to navigate the game without the hint button working correctly. Good luck, I hope your hint button works better.

[Post New]by Palaluuseri on May 7, 11 11:32 AM
Played the demo and absolutely loved it! None of the objects seemed impossible to find. I found it rather nice to have a bit trickier **** scenes. It's annoying if you can find the objects without even looking at the list.

The graphics were wonderful and I had really no technical issues when playing the game. It's been a while since I last played a game as good as this one. A definite buy for me!

NEFLA
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by NEFLA on May 8, 11 5:22 PM
I was very disappointed in this game. If you didn't know there was a walkthrough on this Forum (I didn't know) you ended up needing to buy the Strategy Guide for $6.99. Because the game's Hint system got stuck on "Open the safe in the master bedroom using the word CESAR." Well, I had solved that puzzle way back in the game, but it wouldn't give me any other clues! WHAT A WASTE! There is no replay value to this game. Anyone want to buy the Strategy Guide at a good discount?

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on May 9, 11 1:37 PM
After checking a lot of new releases, besides the collectors editions, I found this game refreshing interesting, especially the graphics. I have seen many new ones with much longer stories that were only medicore in graphics and boring in theme. Since I have two free selections, this will be one of them, and I may have to wait a while to find another.
For a non collectors edition, it is, in my opinion, really excellant.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on May 9, 11 1:45 PM
I see no reason to purchase a strategy guide when you can use the walkthru, either from bf or another site I'm sure we all know. As someone said before, I love games with keys, door keys,etc, and hard but not unsolvable mini games.
Sorry, NEFLA, you were disappointed. So am I with other games I've bought. For me, I think it will be good. You maybe should contact customer service and explain your situation. You may be able to get a replacement game as apparently, yours has a problem. Wishing you luck.......

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 10, 11 1:06 PM
I tried, really really tried to enjoy this game but no matter how many times I've gone back with a new attitude... I just can't get into it. The flow between sequences seems choppy and the storyline lacking. Just an average game and not one I'd purchase unless offered as DD some day.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on May 11, 11 8:11 AM
A well done Game! I've only played the hour but I can tell it has all the right cues for me. It is a mystery and it is well laid out! It is beautifully illustrated! Lots of places to wander as one other fishy put it and it is easy to follow. The hidden item scenes are a challenge but hint fills up quickly if needed. Thumbs up devs!
I just bought it and I plan to play it today!
Nanaseaweed

Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Moto26261 on May 11, 11 8:17 AM
Looks as though it could have been a really good game,but I just couldn't stand the sparkles...can't see the point in playing when they point everything out to you. A real shame.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on May 11, 11 9:34 PM
Just finished demo and find I am out of my league. I am not as young nor as bright as most of you fishies. I really had trouble seeing this one. I did play the earlier Mystery Chronicles but don't remember it. lol That is another problem as we get older. Anyhow, enjoy the game. I will pass on this one and perhaps go and play Settlement Collossus one more time. (I really do have approx 140 games that I have throughly enjoyed) Have fun!

Go to: