d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by d0080b on May 15, 11 7:57 PM
Really fantastic game... tests your memory as to what was where and how to get there. H0s were well presented, not the garbage pile variety and many had interactive sequences in order to get or "produce" an item. Bizzar story line with a twist. Beautiful graphics, this is the first game in quite awhile that I was not able to play without the help of the SG and I also found several of the puzzles quite challenging. This is certainly a good example of what a CE should be.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by kairee_anne on May 15, 11 9:57 PM
Just finished the game. The mini games were hard (in a good way) and I even had to skip some! Loved it! But that being said, the bonus game only on the collector's version was not very good. Definitely buy this game, but wait for the normal version.

Edited on 05/15/2011 at 9:58:43 PM PST

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on May 15, 11 11:27 PM
After three attempts of reinstalling and bearing with a few crashes I finally got thru the game and although its not up to Raincliff standard I really enjoyed it...
I would recommend to anyone who likes dark fantasy genre ..so long as you arnt running Vista it seems...
I have Win Ex P and a top line graphics card but there were still freezes and crashes maybe BFG could put out a patch or fix the tech hitches in the game before it goes on SE ...

Thanks Boomer 47 for your advice ..

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on May 15, 11 11:30 PM
hellion86 wrote:

i've just finished the game, including the bonus game & its pretty good all round.
i did have to skip quite a few of the mini games though (don't get me started on that coloured square puzzle!! ) i had no skip bar until i started the game all over again with a new profile.
i did get confused in places, what with all the backtracking, but hey, i made it!

SPOILER ALERT!
can i just ask though?
am i the only person who finished the bonus game with items still left in my inventory??
i still had a weight & a blowtorch in there for some reason

overall, i'd give this a big
happy gaming fishies

No got to use all mine

SPOILER ALERT
Check you burnt the book in the glass display box...thats what I needed the weight and blowtorch for..

Edited on 05/15/2011 at 11:32:05 PM PST

[Post New]by cricketdoll on May 16, 11 1:52 AM
Thought it was an awesome game. A little difficult in some areas, not really good clues as what to do next, but other than that, thought it was worth the money. ALL collectors need to be like this.

[Post New]by renatemunro on May 16, 11 7:42 AM
I may have missed this hint somewhere in the posts but I can't get into the tree house (where my last angel is hiding). I have enjoyed the game so far but the hint system is terrible. If you happen to be in an area that has something that needs doing, it circles it for you but doesn't help with where to find the missing article needed. I have been hunting for the last angel now for quite a while and finally had to resort to the guide but I don't get the magnifying glass in order to get into the tree house no matter what I do. Help please.
R

[Post New]by Freevoyager on May 16, 11 8:29 AM
I am enjoying the HOscenes; original and entertaining. However, I am finding the rest of the game as such so, so....... not enjoying the story line and I feel as if I am just running around in circles and the puzzles are not challenging and are predictable.

[Post New]by hellion86 on May 16, 11 11:27 AM
renatemunro wrote:I may have missed this hint somewhere in the posts but I can't get into the tree house (where my last angel is hiding). I have enjoyed the game so far but the hint system is terrible. If you happen to be in an area that has something that needs doing, it circles it for you but doesn't help with where to find the missing article needed. I have been hunting for the last angel now for quite a while and finally had to resort to the guide but I don't get the magnifying glass in order to get into the tree house no matter what I do. Help please.
R

Have you put the ladder from your inventory up against the tree so you can zoom in?
You have place it just right though, so that when its there it looks like its sideways.
Hope this helps

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on May 17, 11 6:20 AM
I like this game but there are a couple of real irritations that are beginning to annoy me.

You have to click in exactly the right place or else you get the extremely irritating message "That only works in the movies" Several times now I have spent ages looking for another solution only to find that I was right the first time, only a few pixels out. I am at the verge of screaming!

The guide is pretty useless as well, a pity because the game is good. I like the more difficult hog scenes

Edited on 05/17/2011 at 6:27:20 AM PST

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on May 17, 11 8:11 AM

Ive just played the trial and am in 2 minds whether to buy or wait, Ive just trialed that dreadful Chronicles game, but this I am really enjoying, graphics good, puzzles my level have to think abit also abit trial and error but not to hard or easy.

Think im going to buy.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on May 17, 11 10:12 AM
Just finished the CE version of this game. Enjoyed the game itself very much but, as usual, found the additional game play disappointing. It is very linear -- you need an item, you find it, you use it. It seemed to be unused program from the original game or scenery cobbled together hastily. To me -- and I enjoy my games difficult and complex -- the additional play was definitely not worth the additional cost. It was convenient to have the strategy guide built in but I don't think that convenience was worth $6.99. Except for The Hound of the Baskervilles, CEs have not been worth the additional expense. I'm swearing off.

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on May 17, 11 6:26 PM
I really enjoyed playing this HOG, it was beautifully illustrated and had a good score. I especially liked how you had to combine objects in the scenes to get items off your lists. It reminded me of Enlightenus in many ways. I liked the fact there was no excessive gore, or grewsome violence like in some of the other creepy games. Loved the anachronistic Victorian look; it's one that's creepy and especially attractive. I found the story line to be a bit confusing, but I think I got it.

I did not enjoy the bonus game as much as the main game; I thought the story was effectively completed in the earlier part. This game does not lend to sequels which is fine. I'd like to play more games by this studio.

hmay1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by hmay1 on May 18, 11 7:23 PM
I just finished the trial and I very much enjoyed what I played through. The graphics were great and the voice overs actually fit the theme and the attitude of whoever is speaking. I tend to get annoyed when text is being read for me but I liked it this go around. I certainly enjoyed the interactive **** scenes and I liked the "not quite sure what to do next" feeling. I did skip a mini game or two but that's something I'd actually spend time on once I got the game.

The story I enjoyed quite a lot. I like the fact that you're not trying to find your brother's girlfriend's uncle's grandfather's dog who was twice removed. The only connection you as the player has with whatever went down in this town is that you're some Joe Smoe looking for the place just because you felt like it. Though the fact that the first scene showed the car hood up to imply the thing broke down could've been left out, lol. Despite wanting this game I'm gonna wait on it as there are more important things to being spending my money on for the time being, but I will remember this one.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on May 19, 11 10:30 PM
I liked, but didn't love this one... probably just my mood. Didn't use the SG, just walked away from playing when I was stuck and came back with fresh perspective. I probably did a lot of unnecessary walking around by doing it that way... feel like I've run a marathon!! Story line was different, in a good way... no looking for your grandpa, father, mother, uncle... (thank goodness!!)

The hint system annoyed me a bit. I would be in a situation I couldn't figure out, having one part of a situation, not being able to figure out the second part, hit the hint button and the part I knew was circled.... no help at all...

All in all, I enjoyed the game, just not thrilled with it. Very short bonus game...bummer....

wolywig
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by wolywig on May 20, 11 12:40 PM
Why is this game so jumpy? Everything is in increments???? driving me crazy hope the SE is better than this cause it certainly has possibilities but not in increments!!! glad it is good for others!!

Rose_Ann
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rose_Ann on May 20, 11 2:29 PM
Interactive H0 scenes can be fun, but I found the H0 scenes in this game to be very irritating. It is difficult to tell which tool to use where. While the overall game graphics were good, the H0 scenes were fuzzy and dark. A NO-BUY for me.

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 2:31:55 PM PST

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on May 21, 11 2:32 PM
I just finished this game, I had demoed it awhile back then bought, started to play , stop and started again. So what does that say usaually when I get into a game my family is ignored, oh sure I throw them supper but otherwise..... This one just didn't keep my interest .. I was interested to finish it (eventually) but not interested enough too play for an hour or two at a time. For me it was only maybe an ok game.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on May 22, 11 1:29 PM
I cannot believe I bought this game! I seriously hated everything about it. It was slow and jerky through the entire game, the puzzles were way too hard and the skip button entirely too slow. This honestly had me in tears I was so frustrated! I have a LOT of games and have been with BFG for years. I also have a very good computer which I take care of!! However...this game SUCKS! I was constantly referring to the SG...another first for me.

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on May 22, 11 5:10 PM
Hello Fishies!! I just finished playing this game (including extra content) and I must say that it was a pretty good game, few glitches here and thare along with some mispelled words. The graphics was very good,the hidden objects were for the most part well hidden and some were interactive and kinda cute! On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best I would give it 8 1/2 Happy playtime

ldeachus
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ldeachus on May 22, 11 5:38 PM
Loved this game. I beta-tested it and have been waiting for it to come online. Best part about this game is there is not a FindObject in every scene. Thank you.

Go to: