Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Emma and the Inventor.

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on May 25, 11 9:27 AM
I quite liked this game, although there are too many sparkles. Looked at the length of the game in the walkthrough and I'm already half way through just after playing the demo- so no buy for me.

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on May 25, 11 10:22 AM
I beta'd this game and liked it so much I didn't want the test run to end. As soon as it came out I did the trial and bought it.

It's a typical find-my-relative story, but cute. I love the graphics and the interactivity is fun. Some, not all, of the objects are small but they're clear and not too small to find. It is hard enough to make it challenging though. There's some back and forth movement, which gets frustrating to me when I keep hitting dead ends, but in this case the help is good so I didn't mind.

I didn't care for the music; thought it should be a little more light-hearted considering that the grandfather is a bit of a kook, but a nice kook! No biggie for me as I often turn the music way down. As I recall, there is no skip button on the puzzles but they weren't very hard. I think only one gave me trouble; I knew what to do but not how and I had to use the walkthrough.

It's an average length game with lots of interesting things to do and I really enjoyed it. Try it and make your own judgment!

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on May 25, 11 10:51 AM
After reading the reviews and trialing the game, I decided to use one of my Groupon coupons and purchase it. I agree it is a short game - just under 3 hours. However, I don't base my enjoyment of a game on length, but rather did it have a good storyline, was I entertained, challenged, were the graphics good, music, and did it have a successful ending. This game met all of my qualifications for a good game. $6.99 for 3 hours entertainment is $4 less then some movies I've gone to and had to shovel out another $15 for popcorn and drinks, plus gasoline and then enjoyed them far less.

The game was light, relaxing and fun. One of the rare ones these days that contained no occult, did not have gory scenes, I could let my children play it. The storyline and characters were well done and the grammar/spelling was presentable. Graphics, although not awe inspiring like Awakening Moonfell Woods, were very well done and artistic and some made me smile. A lot of imagination went into creating this game. I liked the magnifying glass and grabber once I got used to them. I only needed to use the hint button a couple times. Mini games were easy and enjoyable - there is no skip but I can't imagine anyone unable to solve the hardest math one in 10 or 12 minutes time. The music - I loved - very low key and pleasant. In one scene the gurgling stream actually was so soothing I closed my eyes to rest and fell briefly asleep! I look forward to their second adventure!

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on May 25, 11 12:04 PM
I liked the premise of the game but the time in between scenes was aggravating to me . I don't mind the sparkles 'cos even after all this time & playing I still find I need some direction!! I won't buy this one however especially if it's short. There will be many more good ones coming, I'm sure

kimmykaye
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by kimmykaye on May 26, 11 6:24 AM
Looked like it was going to be a really good game....but all of a sudden, it ended! WAY to short! I ended it wondering if I was still playing the trial.

[Post New]by prometheus59 on May 26, 11 8:36 AM
Finished in under 2 hours. No way to skip puzzles that I could see, but they were fairly simple. Magnifying glass routine a little time consuming and annoying. Luckily it was a freeby game credit or I would be irritated.

[Post New]by vickig2 on May 26, 11 5:18 PM
I really liked this game until I finished it in under an hour. Very disappointed the game was so short. This had a lot of potential. I thought after building the machine, I would have at least another task to complete. It's a very large file game which apparently is very deceiving. If it would have been longer, I would highly recommend it but as it is written, buying the game after that 40 minute trial just isn't worth it. I did the same thing - played the 40 minutes - really liked it -- bought it - then done about 15-20 minutes later.

Dekep
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Dekep on May 27, 11 9:39 AM
I too enjoyed the game, however I watched the video, liked what I saw and then bought it...Beat the game in under 1hr and a 1/2. Waayyy too short! (How sad) I also found that the game played itself out. You really do not need to cheat on this one. And yes those sparkles were annoying. Great story line though; I just wished it were longer.

scoots123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Your Comments and RevIiews for Emma and the Inventor.

[Post New]by scoots123 on May 27, 11 10:14 AM
Shortest game on record. I did not realize when I purchased it that I had nearly completed the whole game with my 1hour trial!!! What there was of the game was very good and a little brighter than most HOG. I liked the game, just not the length of it.

[Post New]by sillydale on May 28, 11 1:02 AM
I feel the same as a lot of people here -- this was far too short. I thought I'd finished the first chapter and discovered the game was over. It's too bad to trail a magic machine that can take you back in time and through space and whatever and then make us wait until the next game to use it. Bit annoyed.

The rest of the game was pleasant. Emma and her grandfather weren't quite as endearing as the creators think they are, but that's OK.

[Post New]by Alec11 on May 28, 11 7:39 AM
Nice game, good graphics. I thought the music was good and it changed depending on where you were in the house. I like the story line, Emma and her Grandpa the Inventor, it could easily be made into a recurring series. Series HOG's are my favorite.

I'm not sure if the next part of my post is a Spolier Alert or not.

This game is very short I finished it in under two hours. There are several puzzles to slove and as far as I could tell you cannot skip them. Although they were pretty easy to slove so most people should'nt have any problems.

Altough short this game is worth buying if you don't finish it in the trial hour. Good HOG for people just starting out in the genre.

[Post New]by sgtrock754 on May 28, 11 8:57 AM
What a rip off, this is the shortest game i have ever played, wish i had looked on the forum first, I would never have bought it

Edited on 05/28/2011 at 8:59:45 AM PST

thebud1
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by thebud1 on May 28, 11 4:03 PM
Thought this was a "cute" game, kinda short, sound effects were good, you did have to figure some things out, Hints recharged quickly, I finished the demo just in time, within seconds before it went out, not a buy for me, but enjoyed it just the same

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on May 28, 11 9:17 PM
I really enjoyed the demo but then all the reviews said "way too short". I was disappointed but when i saw the "NINEYEARS" promotion I bit the bullet & got it.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on May 29, 11 9:16 AM
sgtrock754 wrote: What a rip off, this is the shortest game i have ever played, wish i had looked on the forum first, I would never have bought it

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that if you make a purchase and find that you are REALLY dissappointed or feeling 'ripped off' that you can email customer service and see about perhaps having them delete the game from your purchases and issue you a game coupon. I have only done this once in my 3+ years on BFG, but they were willing to work with me and you may find they are willing to work with you. Its not something a person should overuse or take advantage of but it's worth a shot-especially since it's your money and don't feel satisfied at all with this particular purchase you made. Good luck and hope this helps!

[Post New]by BonnieBo on May 30, 11 9:46 AM
I am a bit unhappy with this one. I had a warning in my head when the demo ended at a predetermined time instead of a full hour of play. But I liked it, so I purchased it anyway. I am relieved I had the sense to just pay the 4.99 memorial weekend sale price however, instead of using a credit, given that the game ended approximately 15-20 minutes playing time after I purchsed it. Very short, which is really too bad as it was a well made game.

LinLyn
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by LinLyn on May 30, 11 4:40 PM
Cute little game but way too short. Maybe I'm getting spoiled but I think I would have enjoyed this more 2 or 3 years ago.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on May 31, 11 4:04 AM
I did enjoy the game & yes, I was a little worried I woasnt...i did buy the game as well. The graphics are very clear & nice...all & all i give the game 3 out of 5

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on May 31, 11 4:04 AM
I did enjoy the game & yes, I was a little worried I wasnt...i did buy the game as well. The graphics are very clear & nice...all & all i give the game 3 out of 5

Edited on 06/11/2011 at 10:43:14 AM PST

[Post New]by Natashabi on May 31, 11 6:30 AM
So, my game didn't end early, I think... Mac version, that is... I have four minutes left but it seems that I've completed the game? I found all the recipe pieces and the machine pieces and fit it all together. Is that where it ends?

Go to: