meb28
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi Collector's

[Post New]by meb28 on May 30, 11 9:30 AM
Awesome game! Story line is very good and I loved the Shakespeare addition.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi Collector's

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 30, 11 4:29 PM
A little lax on mini game instructions, but should be in the running for Game of the Year

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by eedebeep on May 30, 11 5:39 PM
Its a good hidden object game but kinda short for a CE. It really needed the bonus content and bone game to fill it out. Also the story is rather disjointed. I don't understand why they didn't put the bone game in the regular game, to find along with the clovers. It's kinda boring to just hunt around for the bones after the bonus game.

[Post New]by briggerrachel on May 31, 11 5:45 AM
This game is defentily worth buying. Really enjoyed playing it. The graphics are good and the story line is good 2. It was a supered game and very addictive. Hope to see another game out like that soon. Thanks big fish

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on May 31, 11 8:35 AM
This was an excellent game. Great graphics, storyline, game play and I loved all the extras. TWO SUGGESTIONS - I wish the journal would only briefly sparkle when a new entry is added. And I don't like the bright flashes. If those two things were fixed this would be one of the best games I've ever played. Amazing job, devs!

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on May 31, 11 10:35 PM
This is a truly amazing game, every tiny little thing about it is engrossing and exciting, I’d be happy if all games had little extra sidelines like finding clovers and crows, it helps to add to the involvement. I just finished playing Robin’s Quest A legend is Born, throughout which you were looking for wanted posters and money caches, also a good game, but not in the same league as this one.

Midnight Mysteries Salem Witch Trials was also an amazing game, but I wasn’t to fussed about the Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy, so when I realised this was the next in the series, I was a little nervous, was it going to be as good as Salem Witch or just another game like Edgar Allan Poe.

Well IMHO, this is the best one of all.

Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Thank you , thank you Mumbo Jumbo

jojo

[Post New]by KathyandBob on May 31, 11 10:40 PM
Is there any one out there who has had a problem with the mop one the stairs I cannot get past that level vert frustraiting any help would be great

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Jun 1, 11 3:00 PM
skr041300 wrote:Finished the demo (30% through). Very well done overall. My biggest problem with this game are the green sparkles which show up if you don't pick up an inventory item when you first enter a scene. The game gives you a few seconds to locate the inventory items on your own, and then adds sparkles to the items. The sparkles are subtle, but I would prefer if they weren't there. I really wanted to like this game more (some of the tasks were boring, like fixing a machine in the boiler room). But the graphics were very good and exciting. Will wait for the SE to come out.

No sparkle option, no buy either!

[Post New]by zactaylor20310 on Jun 2, 11 5:26 AM
I loved this game, i'm just on my second time playing. Never posted on here before but on the pool game i can't get the cue to hit the ball. Looked on the walk through it says click to hit the ball, done that both times playing, several times. No one else seems to have had this problem so is it something i'm doing wrong? Please help its very frustrating. The game is great and had no other problems.

hoggette
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by hoggette on Jun 2, 11 8:42 AM
I have only a few nits to pick with this game; the clover hunt became tedious real fast and in the end not worth the payoff, but the game play was enjoyable and I played it through in one long evening. The length was just right.

My main issue was with the use of Twain as a character and story hook. I am a life long reader and admirer of Clemens. I felt the same with the Sherlock Holmes games, however that's a very personal and subjective complaint. The story was well done, facts & timeline correct and it played out smoothly, unlike some games, so it was enjoyable.

I prefer the use of in-scene characters to advance the plot rather than jumping to cut scenes, and the technique was very well done.

The game was a little on the dark side and I had to adjust screen brightness between scenes, but the **** scenes were fairly easy, no junk pile, wildly off-topic, out-of-period or tiny camouflaged objects. The method of combining objects was clunky and repetitive. The puzzles were okay, could have been a little harder. Not too much retreading scenes.

The bonus chapter disappointing and Dem Bones didn't grab me.

The flashing lights were very annoying and the loud and screechy noises were startling at times. Anyone else think that Mephistopheles looked a lot like the Shadows from Babylon 5?

The game is definately a keeper and kudos to BFG for giving us the option of using game credits to purchase CEs.

and 1/2

hoggette
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by hoggette on Jun 2, 11 8:50 AM
Sorry but I don't get the editing and update meme on this forum. For some reason the software changed **** to **** in the original posting and refuses to update it.

Oh well, I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Hogette

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Jun 2, 11 9:11 AM

I've just played the trial, not sure about it, it made me jump in places, forgot clovers after a while, im not pressing buy button, going to wait for the SE to come out.

UncaRicky
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Constant Debug notice when wanting to Play

[Post New]by UncaRicky on Jun 2, 11 11:39 AM
I loved the visuals of the game as soon as it was announced. I used game credits to download the full version of the Collector's Edition. Unfortunately, all I get when I try to play the game is a Debug window. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've downloaded the Try version in hopes of successfully loading the full version from there. No luck.
As both a Big Fish and Mark Twain fan, I am really looking forward to play this game.
Let me know as soon as there is a patch or fix for the files which require debugging. Thanks.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jun 3, 11 9:38 PM
What a great and spooky game!

[Post New]by Cavtrooper70 on Jun 4, 11 7:40 AM
Went to "live Chat" yesterday to see if they a "fix for the mop scene, was assured" if I re-install all will be fine HA!!! Then this a.m. check my email and I have 2 from BFG.the tech from yesterday says SHE found the fix./ Then went on to talk about what a MEMBER posted, she takes the credit Been with this mop 3 days now

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 4, 11 11:45 AM
This seemed too short and too easy. Some games are like marmite. This one's vanilla - it goes down smoothly enough but doesn't leave anything behind.

[Post New]by Metaphoria on Jun 4, 11 4:10 PM
I just have to say that I love this game! It is one of the only ones that actually fill the entire screen of my laptop! I wish more games would do this. Most games only take up part of the screen and leave a black 2 inch border on either side.............

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jun 5, 11 5:45 AM
Very, very good game I must say!!! Yes, of course I bought this & was not displeased at all...the graphics are top notch...I love games that have acheivements!!! I do reccommend this game to all **** game lovers...very well done game!!!

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jun 5, 11 5:46 AM
Very, very good game I must say!!! Yes, of course I bought this & was not displeased at all...the graphics are top notch...I love games that have acheivements!!! I do recommend this game to all Hidden Ob game lovers...very well done game!!!

Edited on 06/11/2011 at 10:42:22 AM PST

[Post New]by ritarosemay on Jun 5, 11 8:43 PM
This is my first Midnight Mysteries game and I LOVED it! Great graphics, great story and not overwhelming with **** games, it gets right on with the story. Seems there was a first one in this series. I'll have to check this out. Definitely worth buying.

Go to: