RinnaRose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by RinnaRose on Jun 5, 11 9:56 PM
I also really enjoyed the game and the beautiful graphics. I think it was worth getting the collector's edition. A great mix of puzzles and hidden object. Loved it. Thanks BFG and Vendel (love the sound of their logo with the kitty purring)

merivilan
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by merivilan on Jun 6, 11 4:31 AM
I played this game straight after playing "Pahalika" and therefor can not agree with "theoldbag" that games are getting easier.
Gosh i remember struggling with "Myst" and giving up.
This game was on the easy side for me but I enjoy that. I like being able to flow through the game without resorting to SGs.
And I loved the bonus play. The developers really seemed to let their imaginations run riot and it was beautiful.
I also love looking at the concept art, makes you realise how much goes into these games.

elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by elhar02 on Jun 6, 11 10:50 AM
theoldbag wrote:I just finished the game and I enjoyed it very much. I would have been completely lost if I didn't have the SG though. It seems to me that in the past several years the games have become increasingly more difficult and sophisticated. Not complaining...just stating that I can still enjoy them because of the CE versions with the extra help. I admire the folks who are able to enjoy them without this help also. I do just fine in the beginning but as the game goes on and becomes more complicated, I appreciate the SG. To those that find these games too easy WOW! I am impressed!

I completely agree with you....ditto...ditto...ditto. It's maybe not the games are getting more difficult compared to certain others it's just that some are more intricate than others & require some direction from a SG if available (CE). I had to restart this game when halfway thru cuz I was missing an item which I needed. Unfortunately the scene where I should have picked this up was closed to me when I tried to backtrack. When I did my restart I referred to the SG mega times to make sure I hadn't missed something else. I, too, marvel at those who are able to do everything on their own -- don't think I'll ever get to that point especially with these adventure/sneaker type games. Finally completed the game, including the Bonus section, & enjoyed it thoroughly. Looking forward to the sequel!!!

Edited on 06/06/2011 at 11:06:05 AM PST

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Jun 6, 11 7:03 PM
rhonayotte wrote:
OzzyRobyn wrote:
SolarEclipse wrote:Okay, I hate to ask because I know people are tired of hearing about this subject. But are there any Pentacles or other Occult symbols in the game?

Thanks for the help!

Umm, why? Does looking at them send you to hell?

That was rather rude. If something bothers someone in a game, getting a heads up from people who have played it is always helpful. People post things about spiders, snakes, bright lights, etc within games that they know may bother other people because they are being considerate of the other fishies in the pond. There was no need for the sarcasm on your part.

I could not agree more. That was a totally innocent and valid question and did not deserve such a snarky response. Shame on you!

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Jun 6, 11 7:27 PM
SolarEclipse wrote:Okay, I hate to ask because I know people are tired of hearing about this subject. But are there any Pentacles or other Occult symbols in the game?

Thanks for the help!

There is one place where you have to put things on 5 points of a star. To some this may be perceived as a pentagram, as you are, after all, trying to get rid of a witch. To the best of my recollection, this is only place you will see something of this sort. I'm a devout Christian, and nothing in this game offended me.

Please don't let one snide comment keep you from asking any questions you have regarding anything about any game. I understand where you are coming from and your questions are VERY valid and are respected by most fishies. Your presence here in the forum is important and welcome... please continue to ask any question you may have....

[Post New]by mhazzard on Jun 7, 11 12:44 AM
This game is cumbersome, awkward, and un-amusing. I don't really think it should even be listed as a "Hidden Object" game. The only thing that is really hidden is the fun.

I bought it without trying it first because generally I've had good luck with the "collector's edition." This was a waste of my game credits. This is the first time that I have to say: I wish I could get a refund.

[Post New]by rastusaussie on Jun 7, 11 6:04 PM
What is a "FROG"?

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Jun 7, 11 11:25 PM
Cobweb55 wrote:

Thanks for the help!

There is one place where you have to put things on 5 points of a star. To some this may be perceived as a pentagram, as you are, after all, trying to get rid of a witch. To the best of my recollection, this is only place you will see something of this sort. I'm a devout Christian, and nothing in this game offended me.

Please don't let one snide comment keep you from asking any questions you have regarding anything about any game. I understand where you are coming from and your questions are VERY valid and are respected by most fishies. Your presence here in the forum is important and welcome... please continue to ask any question you may have....

Thank you. I appreciate all of the comments and responses to my question.

However, I do apologize if my question offended anyone. I don't want to prevent others from playing games that they enjoy. I know a lot of people like the dark and scary games and I don't have a problem with anyone that plays them.

I'm just a very hypersensitive person. Some things I would just rather avoid. I didn't mean to cause trouble. Someone mentioned that the full strategy guide wasn't available in the demo so that's why I asked.

Happy Gaming to everyone!!!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 8, 11 10:06 AM
Just finished it. I loved this game. Nice, relaxing and may be a bit too easy. Graphics are better than in the first one. Somebody said it took him/her 2 hours to finish it, it took me far more than that. The extra bit to play is really long and worth it, so it deserves to be a CE. Mini games are not too difficult so you can feel quite clever. H0 are cleverly hidden.
Not a great game but a very good game.

[Post New]by harleybeast on Jun 8, 11 2:07 PM
Thumbs up! I would buy this. Excellent graphics and fun game play.

queencate
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by queencate on Jun 9, 11 7:18 AM
I enjoyed the first one and now enjoying this one , its not just hidden objects all thru the game , more interactive which (or should i say witch) i like , good puzzles ..makes you think..and i get irratated when i am trying to think really hard where to go or what to do and something or someone breaks my concentration...like hubby or phone or dogs have to go out...i even think about this game at work ..i know i am pitiful.. thats what im talking about ...good job bfg

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Jun 9, 11 3:43 PM
A very nice game in the series, decent graphics and story- intuitive gameplay, hints recharge fast.
Skip feature for the more annoying puzzles, but most are easy to figure out.
The Bonus game is a definite plus for those who think the game shouldn't end.
Thanks BFG for another good one!

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on Jun 10, 11 11:36 AM
Terrific game! The drawings are beautiful, the music is non-intrusive and the game play intuitive but not at all linear. I liked it alot. Some of the puzzles were really tricky but there is a skip button and the hints recharge quickly. The built in strategy guide was really handy on a couple of occasions. The bonus content was a little heavy on hidden object scenes but it was still very enjoyable.

Anyone who likes a good adventure puzzle game with a few hidden object scenes will enjoy this.

Congratulations on a cracking game!

Edited on 06/10/2011 at 11:37:27 AM PST

[Post New]by stepanych on Jun 11, 11 12:26 AM
cool game)
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 06/11/2011 at 1:59:38 PM PST

dmcof
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by dmcof on Jun 11, 11 7:12 AM
Like the game but no matter what I do cannot find lever on level 2 even wen i have used the shears on the bush, there is no lever there. Is this a glitch. have downloaded it twice and it still wont work. Any suggestions?

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jun 11, 11 10:58 AM
I finished the demo and I have to say I did enjoy it. I can tell you will need extra sneakers for this one, too. Lots of running around. I liked the game and can't think of anything that bothered me. Different mini-games, too.

Try the demo at least, it's definitely worth it.

Happy gaming everyone,

AirCoco
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by AirCoco on Jun 11, 11 8:16 PM
goofyduck77 wrote:I was all set to say things thinking it would be just like the first one. It’s not. So you’re going to either happy or sad. This is an iHOG/ADVENTURE (and not a HOPA because there are H0 scenes) and not a FROG/Adventure..... this game is more like the iHog’s we are used to, arrows, inventory, puzzles, H0 scenes, etc. Now if you didn’t like the first one because it was a FROG, then don’t pass on this one thinking it is a FROG also. If you wanted another FROG, well, then, sorry. But I like iHogs and am not huge on FROGS, so . . . I was happy it wasn’t the same.

Will you folks PLEASE speak English for those who are new or not "hip",,,,you are reviewing to a lot of people, not just your little inner circle. And two: why oh why is every review 9 posts of "I'm downloading now" or "I played the first game! yep gonna look at this one!' and "Oh this ought to be good!". Why don't the moderators move or delete posts that are NOT reviews, at least for the first page or two? It is so hard to find an actual review in the "comments and reviews". I'm only complaining about this because other sites actually have detailed, point by point reviews, according to a plain, set formula, and they're actually IN the Review section. Why do we have to read 6 pages of chit chat just to find out the basics of the game? Thank you

Edited on 06/11/2011 at 8:18:00 PM PST

Cheetah68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Cheetah68 on Jun 12, 11 6:16 AM
I did not notice the ladder in the basement so I did not pick it up. The tunnel has collapsed and I have no ladder. WHAT CAN I DO?????????????????? PLEASE HELP! I DO NOT WANT TO START THE WHOLE GAME FROM THE BEGINNING!!!!

Cheetah68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Cheetah68 on Jun 12, 11 6:19 AM
One more thing. I did pay for this game so it is legal. HELP!!

phx333
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by phx333 on Jun 12, 11 11:31 AM
AirCoco wrote:
goofyduck77 wrote:I was all set to say things thinking it would be just like the first one. It’s not. So you’re going to either happy or sad. This is an iHOG/ADVENTURE (and not a HOPA because there are H0 scenes) and not a FROG/Adventure..... this game is more like the iHog’s we are used to, arrows, inventory, puzzles, H0 scenes, etc. Now if you didn’t like the first one because it was a FROG, then don’t pass on this one thinking it is a FROG also. If you wanted another FROG, well, then, sorry. But I like iHogs and am not huge on FROGS, so . . . I was happy it wasn’t the same.

Will you folks PLEASE speak English for those who are new or not "hip",,,,you are reviewing to a lot of people, not just your little inner circle. And two: why oh why is every review 9 posts of "I'm downloading now" or "I played the first game! yep gonna look at this one!' and "Oh this ought to be good!". Why don't the moderators move or delete posts that are NOT reviews, at least for the first page or two? It is so hard to find an actual review in the "comments and reviews". I'm only complaining about this because other sites actually have detailed, point by point reviews, according to a plain, set formula, and they're actually IN the Review section. Why do we have to read 6 pages of chit chat just to find out the basics of the game? Thank you

Thank you for this, you read my mind.

Edited on 06/12/2011 at 11:32:01 AM PST

Go to: