Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Vampire Mansion: A Linda Hyde Adventure

[Post New]by marieke41 on Jun 8, 11 3:48 PM
Wow, thanks everyone. Glad I checked the comments - was just going to use a game credit for this one without trying free - love vampire games. Good save!

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Jun 8, 11 4:04 PM
carkopp wrote:Mycatluna? You ROCK! You gave the 'nicest' description of the game of most of the writers in this thread and I want to compliment you on your patience and kindness...an NO, I am NOT being snarky. I really appreciated the fact that you took the entire hour to test the game and the extra three hours to FINISH the game before you gave your considered opinion. Of all of the reviews posted here, yours was the one that made me decide not to buy. I rather enjoyed the first hour once I figured it out, but I didn't really know with my wrist problems whether I could hack it all the way through the same old same old...you saved me and for that I thank you. I will look for your reviews in the future!

If I missed a similar review from someone from pages 3-5, my apologies for not naming you...

Thanks to both you Carkopp and Lucy1997 for your commentary. I'm glad the review helped some others decide whether or not the 'buy' was worth it, and if it saved you money, even better! Happy gaming and looking forward to some good ones coming out that I have seen in the 'up and coming' section on a game review site. There are some good ones on the way!!!

Cheers

mycatluna

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 8, 11 4:26 PM
Yet another "5 minutes and it's gone" player. I couldn't get the pan to work so to find the pieces of the camera I had to use hints to get to the other part of the room. Then, while trying to put the pieces on the tripod, every time I tried to get the piece to settle, the click turned it around. Even only looking at one room of the game, it didn't catch my attention in the slightest and the storyline seemed minimal (a photographer presumably on contract who just happens to get pulled at the last second? I'd fire that company!) I was so bored I wasn't even sorry I couldn't get the game to play right. Lucky to have lots of free trials left to play with.

[Post New]by LuckyEmma on Jun 16, 11 1:01 PM
I don't play many Hidden Object games, but the story for this caught my attention, so I gave this a try. The storyline is interesting, though a bit strange and "fast". I like the music, but I'm not fond of some of the sound effects.
I really don't like the clicking because it doesn't respond well. For example, I got 'lion' in one scene and I was clicking the BIG head of the lion...and kept clicking, but it just wouldn't respond. I wasn't on the edge of the lion's head or anything, clicking it at the snout. I managed to finally get through when I clicked the lion's mouth.
Some clues are way too obscure to figure out what to do.
The hints are pretty bad since it would just flash quickly and if you missed that flash, you'll have to wait. Sometimes, you just don't know what to do, and the hints don't help with that.
The illustrations and art is nice, but the way Linda looks is really annoying. That perpetual shocked look! And when they used the smile on her face...I think only the mouth changed.
The puzzles are kind of fun, and I found the colour dials easier of the two types of puzzles. Though it does lack variety since there are only 2 types of puzzles in the game.

It only took me a few hours to complete this game. About 3 hours I think (I bashed through it quite fast...). I would advise others to not buy this game. There are many other Hidden Objects games with a fuller storyline, better clicking mechanism, better hint system. The game does give you some sense of satisfaction when you finish it...but I found myself more frustrated at times than feeling satisfied or accomplished.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 25, 11 1:55 AM
I'm sure it's a lovely game, but I can't stand games where you have to pan the camera to the sides and up and down to get extra scenery. Just make it a separate scene. The graphics looked good, but there are some lines I'm not willing to cross, because I don't like getting annoyed at the game/computer. Only did about 5-10 minutes, would not buy.

Dakjoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Dakjoy on Aug 7, 11 7:26 PM
I was enjoying the game until I found some kind of wall. Now I can't figure out how to get by it, out of it, over it, or around it. I'm stuck. After reading all the reviews, I'm sorry I bought the game, but what the heck. I'll just start over and see what happens. I need to remember to read reviews before I buy. And if there isn't a walk-through, don't buy it.

Megz0
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Megz0 on Dec 27, 11 12:30 AM
I am like all of you , well most of you. I hate this game!! its just not great or good or even okay. It lacks the *pizzazz* i look for in a mystery game , But since i actually paid for this *dumb game i want to finish it!! get my money's worth i suppose you'd say , so anyone daring ever actually finish this evil game? if so please for the love of computer gamers everywhere can you tell em why i cant get the stupid stars, moon, sun into the stupid holes? please help me if you can if not i'll try again. BUT next time i will stick with reading reviews before buying...

[Post New]by dee4444_4444 on Mar 21, 13 1:15 PM
I purchased this game recently. I am totally stuck in chapter 1. The stars, the moon and sun, etc. The hint button points to the slots for these items, but they do not stay. This is my first time joining a forum, and only because I would like to get past chapter 1. Please help.

Go to: