lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

Re:Review for F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lvfao on Aug 6, 11 9:35 AM
this game was just ok for me...i played it after sacra terra, which is probably why. I loved that game... i usually like the devs on this one, but it seemed alot of work for small rewards, and going up/down elevator got monotonous. i liked the hog scenes, graphics were amazing as always. i realize this is just mho, so do demo it and see for yourselves. oh, and the eyeball in the corner did creep my out. which is a good thing.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Aug 7, 11 2:57 PM
Read so many good reviews, I bought the game instead of trying it out... big mistake. Too many HOG in it for me. It is getting on my nerves once I finish one take a couple of steps and there is another one ! Graphics are awsome and the music is good, not overwhelming . I just don't like too many hogs . I like the ones with more puzzles and a HOG every once in awhile. This game is making my eyes hurt . Others of you out there will love it.. it's all in the preference.

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Aug 7, 11 3:14 PM

Another great game from Vogat!

F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Version is truly delightful game. It has an interesting and compelling storyline, great graphics, and very entertaining mini-games and puzzles. The hidden object games are challenging, without being impossible junk piles. The game also has a built-in hint system and a strategy guide. If you get stuck, you can check either, depending on how much help you need. And if you don't enjoy a puzzle, they are skippable.

Overall, this is a very good game, with many hours of initial game play, followed by a very nice bonus game, which is a logical next chapter in itself, and adds a couple more hours of fun.

All-in all, "F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Version" is well worth the cost. I also really enjoyed Vogat's other games, "Shades of Death: Royal Blood", Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock" and "Elixir of Immortality". Which are, in my humble opinion, some of the best Adventure/Hidden Object games out there. If you like one of these games, you are sure to enjoy the rest.

And, no, I don't own any stock in the company! :-

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Aug 10, 11 12:53 AM
Hi fishy`s
just going back to what megwoman25 said " i feel like i`ve played this before " i started playing yesterday and thought , oh i`ve bought this game twice, i`ve already played it but i cant have, can i ????

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Aug 10, 11 9:11 AM
Wow its been awhile since I've completely lost myself in a game (in a good way!) I absolutely loved this game, definitely worth the CE price (and I never say that!).

I took my time and this game gave me hours and hours of enjoyment. Someone called it a "quiet game" since there were no voice-overs and I liked that description, too many voice-overs are subpar and even laughable and ruin it for me. I can more easily slip into the character if there are no voice-overs....congratulations Volgat, I think its your best yet!! The bonus chapter was intense and actually therapeutic for me!!

It seems there is more to come and I can't wait!!!! LOOOOOVE THIS GAME!!!

Now what game can I follow that with? Any ideas?

GreenMyEyes
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by GreenMyEyes on Aug 14, 11 1:34 PM
I feel a little differently than some people here. I am glad that there are no voice-overs: I really dislike them because the acting is so often atrocious. I think the graphics are superb and that the story line is fascinating. I'm playing this one slowly because I don't want it to end. One great big thumbs up, Vogat!

Namirs
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Namirs on Aug 30, 11 12:57 PM
Ok diving in on this game but I'm a Newbie in the pond as you all call it. I bought and played it for about 30 to 45 min. just not challenging to me in my opinion that is. I didnt try the Trial first but will from now! I needed help on another game I bought and was thankfull that there is lots of fish in the pond that are willing to help. BY the way what does HOG stand for??

Gone Fishing,Doris

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 30, 11 2:06 PM
Hi Namirs,

HOG stands for "Hidden Object Game". For more abbreviations that are commonly used here, please check out the following thread:

Updated Common Abbreviations

Hope this helps, and welcome to the pond!

-bfgHondo

Now, back to the reviews for F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition...

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Re:Reviews for F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Aug 30, 11 7:29 PM
This game was great! I didn't mind the many hidden object scenes because they were fun and not difficult. Besides, that how you get items you need to advance in the game. Can't wait for the sequel. This game was worth the CE price.

[Post New]by Knytshade on Sep 3, 11 5:53 AM
Hello! I am kinda new yet not (new to the forums that is, I've actually been getting games here for a little over a year). I wanted to share my thoughts on this game.

In short I -loved- it! In agreement with what all else has already been said, the graphics and music were great. I love the HOG scenes and they weren't too bad. The puzzles were just right also, some of them were (well for me) a bit too difficult (I don't have a lot of patience so that's probably why lol). The story was awesome and riveting and it kept me on the edge of my seat (not to mention -really- at some points really either scared me or creeped me out or both!). I'm very big on story & story lines so this was just wonderful! I was left with a sense of satisfaction as I moved along and it took me 3-4 days to complete. Absolutely love it!

(not good at reviews so this is about as good as it gets for me lol).

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Sep 3, 11 8:48 PM
I'm late to this one, but I loved it.

When it came out, I tried a few minutes of the trial (got to fixing the elevator) and couldn't decide if it was worth CE prices or not, so I didn't buy it.

I went back and picked it up during the CE sale and it turned out to be really good.

It was nice and long. I loved the story. It was a bit different than what I thought it was going to be. The graphics were good. The flow of the game was good. (I did have to hit the Strategy Guide a couple of times, but that could've been my migraine brain.)

I have no idea about the music because I didn't have the earphones in.

And, the bonus game was actually a good addendum to the story and was long enough to not feel tacked on.

Fun game!

Spoiler: And, I have to admit, Dad's hand in the freezer did sort of creep me out. I don't even want to think about how it got there. And the creepy games don't usually give me the creepies.

[Post New]by grenique on Sep 6, 11 12:34 PM
Kinda new to theses games and big fish< I found the game play good< graphics were rusty (lol), all&all games was good, reminded me of another game!

[Post New]by Leila_Mills on Sep 14, 11 11:41 PM
I liked tha game and the cinematics, but the sounds were too much for me, it was like eating my brains out, so I had to play without the sounds

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Excellent Game

[Post New]by mycatluna on Oct 6, 11 7:03 PM
Another hats off to Vogat-this is definitely a phenomenal game for various reasons, most of which have already been spelled out in above reviews.

I am a fan of the setting they chose: an abandoned insane asylum-big creep factor and I loved it. The did a great job with graphics and making it look very realistic.

There are a wide-range of objects in HOG scenes which is refreshing not to be looking for boomerangs and bells in every scene! Some of the HOG scenes were downright creepy, adding to the overall ambiance.

Vogat did a great job with the soundtrack as well. The music is dynamic so it picks up pace when it should and slows down during less intense parts of the game.

I'm very impressed with the rather original storyline. No princesses saving kingdoms or people off in search of long-lost relatives. Good, creative thinking was invested in this game and it shows.

Game-play for me was quite lengthy. I took my time, reading all the little notes that can be found throughout the asylum as well as reading the journal. I did take breaks but I want to say all total, with the bonus game, it took me between 5-6 hours to get through, at a slow pace, without skips, hints, or the SG.

As for the bonus game itself, it did add a nice back-story so the bonus game is worth the CE price IMO. I detest bonus games that have no purpose other than to just add game time to sell as a CE. This bonus game actually has some meat to it and adds quite a bit of detail to the overall storyline.

All in all, I'm very impressed and this easily makes my top 10 list so far this year, perhaps even in my top five.

Thanks Vogat! Great work!

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Oct 23, 11 10:37 AM
Nice story (although I'm a little tired of asylums, but that's my fault - always choosing that eerie stuff ), impressive artwork. Game length is good; it took me about 4 hours and another 1 1/4 hour for the bonus. Cliffhanger was not too intrusive, compared to lots of other games. Puzzles/ Mini games are well done.

On the other hand there is too much backtracking, and there were too many HiddenObjectScenes (I must admit that I've done so many of them recently that I'd really love to find a game that focuses more on the storyline, on the adventure, on puzzles. I'm a little fed up with junkpiles, especially when they pop up repeatedly and repeatedly and rep - sorry. Need more coffee, I guess).

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Sep 19, 12 4:03 PM
This was a good game. I played the CE, which I normally don't. There was a lot more game play. That was nice. It ended as if there might be a sequel. The graphic's are great. Lot's and lot's of HOS. Some of the puzzles instructions were hard to understand. Sometimes I didn't know what they wanted me to do.

[Post New]by HaroldPutter on Feb 18, 13 6:00 AM
I'm very surprised about this game, having played the demo through to the end and just loving every aspect of it. Each to their own I guess!

Go to: