Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by lsnider on Jul 22, 11 2:05 PM
The Strategy guide (and my common sense) tells me to use the bludgeon on the compartment beside the "purple-eyed mask" in the temple but it won't let me. I have clicked every square inch of that spot with the bludgeon and it says "can't use this item here" or something to that effect. I've restarted, started a new game under new profile and can't get it to work!

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by kimmerr11 on Jul 22, 11 3:18 PM
Game trialed fine. Installed fine after I purchased it. Was working perfectly till I got to Dogon village part where I need to bludgeon the wall or put the vest on the alien statue. I can't do any of those things. I've clicked everywhere I can click in each scene. The funny thing is that with that much clicking in other scenes the cursor reacts by spinning around and going out of control indicating I've clicked too much... not so in these scenes where it seems my clicking is going unnoticed. How can the game work with my mouse in some scenes and not in others? Would love to play this since I bought it. Very frustrated I can't Have history with other irritations over other games that the FAQs and blogs have yet to help. Grrrr!

[Post New]by justme51 on Jul 22, 11 6:45 PM
I am having the same problem...got to Antartica and didn't get the green keys, went back for them and poof, game shuts down and sends me to my desktop. Tried the DX fixes on the tech page and now when I try to play I get the game already running message. This is the 2nd game in about 2 weeks that I am ready to dump. What is going on?

[Post New]by Chelle46 on Jul 22, 11 8:07 PM
I have downloaded this purchased game 3 times. It continues, in different spots, to refuse to come on...it says there's another game running. What's going on?

[Post New]by sheckyd on Jul 23, 11 6:43 AM
Will not install.

Avast puts win32 wPatch [Wrm into Virus Chest and will not allow the installation to proceed.

I have tried to report as a false threat but I am not even able to complete that.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 23, 11 8:07 AM
Hello everyone.

A new build has been released that fixes the following issues:

- Black screen upon load.
- Game manager says that another game is running; when resolved via task manager, the game launches correctly.

If you would like this version of the game, please uninstall and reinstall your game.

If you're still experiencing issues with the new build, please get in touch with Tech Support so that our reps can further assist you with the game and resolve any other problems you might be seeing.

In order for us to keep up with any new technical issues, I will be locking this thread, but please re-post any unanswered questions or post any upcoming questions/issues in the new thread here. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: