cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Haunted Hotel 2 - Believe The Lies

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jan 3, 09 2:39 PM
...When I downloaded the game, of course it was during "peak" time LOL. so that's why it took so long. I have played the demo and enjoyed it. I turned the music low but left other sounds up and enjoyed both. Great graphics. I am enjoying the storyline. I really liked the transition to the next mini-game or the next room.
...I do wear granny glasses "cheaters" on the tip of my nose when I play. So, while some items were small, the graphics were good enough that I was able to find everything. I liked a few of the creative ways things were hidden.
...I do plan to purchase this game. WTG

DELLS148
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by DELLS148 on Jan 3, 09 3:12 PM
I played the demo and liked it a lot so purchased the game ,now I'm stuck
I have a bent hose and they say to put it next to the air intake and I don't know where the air intake is. I've never worked on a car before lol , It also keeps telling me I need a clamp but don't know where to get it. I need some help with this car in the worst way.
Can someone any one please help me. thank you in advance for your help.

Edited on 01/03/2009 at 3:25:16 PM PST

JPoag
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by JPoag on Jan 3, 09 3:29 PM
DELLS148 wrote:I played the demo and liked it a lot so purchased the game ,now I'm stuck
I have a bent hose and they say to put it next to the air intake and I don't know where the air intake is. I've never worked on a car before lol , It also keeps telling me I need a clamp but don't know where to get it. I need some help with this car in the worst way.

While you are holding the Bent hose, hover your mouse in the upper-middle-left hand of the screen. There are two spots that give you stars, one is for the hose, and the other is for a clamp to hold the hose in place.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jan 3, 09 3:30 PM
DELLS148 wrote:I played the demo and liked it a lot so purchased the game ,now I'm stuck

PM'd you the answer. Hope it helps

Edit: looks like one of the developers got there first

Edited on 01/03/2009 at 3:31:34 PM PST

JPoag
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by JPoag on Jan 3, 09 3:38 PM
Elkestra wrote:

PM'd you the answer. Hope it helps

Edit: looks like one of the developers got there first

We sort of use the mechanic from Azada where you move your mouse over the screen slowly to find a spot to interact with. The engine is the most complex puzzle with this mechanic in the game. Normally I wouldn't spoil the game like this, but not knowing how an engine should look puts a person at a disadvantage as the possible combinations for item/active spots is something like 25 (lol, I'm tired).

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jan 3, 09 3:45 PM
JPoag wrote:We sort of use the mechanic from Azada where you move your mouse over the screen slowly to find a spot to interact with. The engine is the most complex puzzle with this mechanic in the game. Normally I wouldn't spoil the game like this, but not knowing how an engine should look puts a person at a disadvantage as the possible combinations for item/active spots is something like 25 (lol, I'm tired).

I'm certainly not complaining *smiles* I think its wonderful that you guys are around.

I used a certain amount of logic, and a little bit of trial and error to solve the engine (actually, the bits that were left in plain sight - in the engine, but not in the right place - caused me the most problems )

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Jan 3, 09 3:53 PM
I went running to my husband for help.

[Post New]by sept13 on Jan 3, 09 3:53 PM
just started playing and already problems no inventory to get the key to make a copy or am I missing something?

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Jan 3, 09 3:54 PM
Welp, finished the HH2 shortly after purchasing and finished it in about 70 minutes. Not disappointed in the game so much as the fact that it was waaay too short. To be fair, I went back and replayed HH1 for comparison before commenting and that was really a good value. Last a couple of hours, good variety of mini games and a lots of different locations. Not often sorry I sprung for a game but definately am with this one. Sorry, not complaining, just commenting. Happy gaming fellow fins. I'm a devoted BFG member!

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Jan 3, 09 3:56 PM
I wrote a long entry at what I thought was here, only to find out in the end that I was posting on the original HH. So if one of the makers has any interest in another critique. please go to HH! LOL Maybe that is why I had trouble with finding objects in this game!! In summary, I thought the graphics were bad and the objects difficult to see in some scenes. I kept fiddling with the contrast. The puzzles were too easy also. I won't buy it!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 3, 09 3:56 PM
sept13 wrote:just started playing and already problems no inventory to get the key to make a copy or am I missing something?

I PM'd you the answer.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jan 3, 09 3:58 PM
sept13 wrote:just started playing and already problems no inventory to get the key to make a copy or am I missing something?

PM'd you with the answer. HTH.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Jan 3, 09 4:07 PM
Maybe everyone will consider me the forum equivalent of the Grinch, but could we all get away from copying someone else's comment before adding our own? That is one of the forum guidelines and it seems that it is being ignored. We end up rereading a post and then the new comment. Sometimes we see the same posting copied two or three times. We are just taking up space. Can't we just refer to the posting by the poster's name? Maybe it is just me, but I would really appreciate it if all would begin this practice. Please don't feel picked on. Names were not used to protect the innocent! Thank you

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jan 3, 09 4:12 PM
forensicMD wrote:Maybe everyone will consider me the forum equivalent of the Grinch, but could we all get away from copying someone else's comment before adding our own? That is one of the forum guidelines and it seems that it is being ignored. We end up rereading a post and then the new comment. Sometimes we see the same posting copied two or three times. We are just taking up space. Can't we just refer to the posting by the poster's name? Maybe it is just me, but I would really appreciate it if all would begin this practice. Please don't feel picked on. Names were not used to protect the innocent! Thank you

Whilst for long posts, I agree up to a point, for short posts - such as answering a specific problem - it actually makes things a lot more legible (and helps the requestee find any specific response to their query).

Its not exactly difficult to skim past the boxed and italicised quote to the response. For extremely long posts though, sometimes the scroll overkill does cause a bit more hassle.

DELLS148
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by DELLS148 on Jan 3, 09 4:23 PM
JPoag wrote:

While you are holding the Bent hose, hover your mouse in the upper-middle-left hand of the screen. There are two spots that give you stars, one is for the hose, and the other is for a clamp to hold the hose in place.[/quote

thank you all for your help i am off to try it again .

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 3, 09 4:51 PM
Well, I started to play through a second time, figuring I'd count the different HO scenes.

Each scene has quite a few item in it that weren't on my list the first time I went through, however it appears that I'm getting the exact same list, in the exact order even. Sheeeesh...... putting this one aside for a week or two.

If somebody can say "no, that's just the first scene - the others have random items" I'd be happier about this game being so short.

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Jan 3, 09 5:05 PM
After reading how short game is will NOT now be buying it as already run into trouble at first door where keycard will not open door

Come on BF we want inproved games not going backwards I know return to Ravenhearst will take some beating but there are some clever people out there so give us something GOOD

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Jan 3, 09 5:08 PM
Donick2 wrote:After reading how short game is will NOT now be buying it as already run into trouble at first door where keycard will not open door

Come on BF we want inproved games not going backwards I know return to Ravenhearst will take some beating but there are some clever people out there so give us something GOOD

Keycard/pad reveals a puzzle of course. Just to check.... you did notice that the keypad has a '0' on it as well as numbers 1-9?

Edited on 01/03/2009 at 5:08:35 PM PST

paula331
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by paula331 on Jan 3, 09 5:09 PM
mmaiden42 wrote:Ok then. I will probably give this a go if we don't get a decent HO soon. I need a new game terribly. I will go to bed so I don't go goofy and go to that other site to get the Jaguar's Eye. I won't buy from them. Nope, If I keep repeating this I won't forget. I have never purchased from that site and I am not sure that I want to. Taping fin-gers together so as to not go look and drive myself bonkers.

I have to tell you that I just finished playing haunted hotel II and it was one of the shortest games by bf that I've ever played, what a rip, I'm so disappointed, **** games seem to be getting shorter and shorter. it seems we just cant win. We pay more money for shorter length games. Does that make sence? no more short games for me, i'll have to stick with the large file games, they last longer and i'm getting what I pay for. thanks for listening Paula

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Jan 3, 09 5:31 PM
OK heres my 2 cents worth
Yes the game is a little short,but how much do you pay to go to the movies?(2 hours long) popcorn and all?
where i live that would be a minimum of $20 for one person,do i go back to see the same movie twice? (replayability) not usually.
now i go to best buy or target and buy the game off the shelf $20
so for 6.99 its a good deal
i liked the game and found the graphics well done.I thought the music was fine,storyline good. maybe for shorter games,what if they only gave us 30 mins?
all in all i enjoyed it

Go to: