Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Negpak on Sep 3, 11 6:01 AM
dcairns wrote:I am having a terrible time with this game! I click on something and it doesn't work so I have to click to the side of the item or keep searching for the exact spot to make it work. I even tried using a hint and it showed that I should click where I was clicking. At one point it took 5 full minutes to get it to register. Is anyone else having this issue? Definitely wont be buying this one if this cannot be resolved.

Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Negpak on Sep 3, 11 6:02 AM
Having the same problem...is there a fix

[Post New]by Healer945 on Sep 3, 11 6:42 AM
i cannot get the bark off the pine tree, i have tried repeatedly and have even reloaded the game and it still wont come off. it just keeping showing the bark flying off but it doesnt reveal the tree. how do i get past this and get to the mini puzzle. thanks, healer945

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 3, 11 8:55 AM
Hey folks,

If you're having troubles clicking an object in the game, you might want to see if turning off the customer cursor (usually an Option in the Main Menu) would help. If you feel you've reached a technical issue, the best thing to do is to get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) for further assistance.

Healer945, here's a tip I found in another thread:

*SPOILER ALERT*

dvdiva wrote:That bark can be a bit persistent!

Try rapidly rubbing the knife over a small spot, in a left-right-left-right motion.

Do this while holding down the mouse button.

Hope this helps!

Hope it helps.

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 09/03/2011 at 8:57:03 AM PST

blu_j_10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by blu_j_10 on Sep 3, 11 12:49 PM
Can't even get this game going (demo). Comes to the "loading", and then I get "thanks for playing". What is going on with these games lately? (Windows XP). I don't like the new game manager. I wish these programs would stop updating for the "better", they are worse.

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Sep 3, 11 4:09 PM
I am disapointed that it is taking so long for the developers to fix this game.
Noted it has been fixed for Mac users what about the rest of us mere mortals..please get you act together and live up to your name B'Zap. ..
I dont want to wait until the SE is released...I wanna play now ...okay thats my dummy spit for the day

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 4, 11 6:31 AM
I DID GET IN TOUCH WITH tech support.

They had me go through every possible processes to make this game play properly.. NOTHING worked. and I didn't even get a COUPON.
I have been a member since 2008 yes 2008 this is way I play farmville folks.

All of the other games work. I know it is not my computer.

Also Spirit Soup will not work at all, I mean, it won't download and I did everything the tech. said to do except put my computer in SAFE mode to download it. I don't think so.

With another game I got to the end and I picked up a DUCAT to use later, oops , not in my inventory...I have to start over with another profile.

Still DID NOT GET A COUPON for my troubles. This new game manager sucks. If something isn't broken why fix it. The old manager worked fine.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 4, 11 6:31 AM
I DID GET IN TOUCH WITH tech support.

They had me go through every possible processes to make this game play properly.. NOTHING worked. and I didn't even get a COUPON.
I have been a member since 2008 yes 2008 this is way I play farmville folks.

All of the other games work. I know it is not my computer.

Also Spirit Soup will not work at all, I mean, it won't download and I did everything the tech. said to do except put my computer in SAFE mode to download it. I don't think so.

With another game I got to the end and I picked up a DUCAT to use later, oops , not in my inventory...I have to start over with another profile.

Still DID NOT GET A COUPON for my troubles. This new game manager sucks. If something isn't broken why fix it. The old manager worked fine.

[Post New]by margra on Sep 4, 11 7:23 AM
biomix is right, the old manager work for me too and i can proove it. I bought a couple years ago a game and i used to play it pretty well with the old version, guess what, i decide to play it again with the new manager and i just can't, the whole image is trembling the cursor is crazy and i can't have the game open not even for 5 minutes!!!! Fix the new version or give us back the old one, things are simple!

[Post New]by WebsiteBoomzap on Sep 4, 11 9:16 AM
WilJul wrote:
Awwwww, you've let me down, Chris! I checked back on Monday and no new build or any other info regarding same. Now it's Friday and still no new build. Such a disappointment.

My apologies - the new build was posted later than I had thought (which is why we usually don't declare new builds posted here. ) As a few people have mentioned in later posts, the current build that is up should solve most Mac issues we're aware of.

[Post New]by nelliegail on Sep 4, 11 9:52 AM
i have a different problem i'm at the bar and cant get the bottles to pour into mug is there a trick to it

[Post New]by nelliegail on Sep 4, 11 9:53 AM
i have a different problem i'm at the bar and cant get the bottles to pour into mug is there a trick to it

[Post New]by nelliegail on Sep 4, 11 9:56 AM
if you are at the bark step a wawy and the rub the scraper in wide lines and the the bark will come off in the writer place

[Post New]by EllesLangille on Sep 4, 11 10:25 AM
Healer945 wrote:i cannot get the bark off the pine tree, i have tried repeatedly and have even reloaded the game and it still wont come off. it just keeping showing the bark flying off but it doesnt reveal the tree. how do i get past this and get to the mini puzzle. thanks, healer945

I too am having the same issue. I actually FINALLY got the bark off (it takes lots of wide scraping motions) to reveal a bunch of little holes - supposedly to fit the resin collection kit, however, I cannot get rid of the scraping knife to use the kit! How frustrating! I just keep on scraping away ... and scraping away ... nothing happens to prompt me to use the kit! I've gone out of the screen and come back and still the same issue.

I'm very disappointed!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 4, 11 5:24 PM
Hi everyone,

We have a new Mac version of Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition available now!

*The new version of this game now works on Intel-based Macs, OS X 10.5 and higher. In addition, all bonus content now works on all supported systems.

You can click HERE for more information on how to get the newest version of this game.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Sep 5, 11 12:38 AM
I read this forum and went back to try all the solutions for scraping the tree bark off.
First, I found a labeled tapping scar and scraped left-right over 200 times. Bark scraps kept flying but the bark was never removed.

Then I tried wide scraping strokes from screen edge to screen edge, moving up and down also. I had counted over 200 swipes before my finger slipped off the tracker button. Bark scraps kept flying but the bark was never removed.

I have a WindowsXP system. I want to either finish my game successfully or get my money back. Thank you.

[Post New]by pittpen on Sep 6, 11 12:26 PM
I cannot get back to the frog fountain to do the mini game. I click and click on it, but it will not get up close the fountain. I need the water to wash the crystal. What to do?

vthecat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by vthecat on Sep 7, 11 8:58 PM
dcairns wrote:I am having a terrible time with this game! I click on something and it doesn't work so I have to click to the side of the item or keep searching for the exact spot to make it work. I even tried using a hint and it showed that I should click where I was clicking. At one point it took 5 full minutes to get it to register. Is anyone else having this issue? Definitely wont be buying this one if this cannot be resolved.

Me too. Would love to buy, but...

hulapopper
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re: Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition Half Loads

[Post New]by hulapopper on Sep 8, 11 4:50 PM
I have bought and downloaded the game. When pulled it up to play it shows only half the opening page. Half the words and screen are missing. I even tried to delete and redownload with the same problem.

Will there be an update to resolve the technical issues? I sure hope so. The other Awakening games were fun. This one is a loss for me if there is no fix available.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Sep 9, 11 5:09 PM
Having what seems like a silly problem compared to everyone else. Running Snow Leopard on Mac. The journal/goals book will open, but the goals listing is unreadable. It started with a streak through the first item. Then, it began superimposing the words on top of each other. Now, the words are all over the place and it's impossible to tell what the goal is supposed to be. I am using the ? over to the left, but what is the problem?

Go to: