girlina
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Reviews for Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition

[Post New]by girlina on Jun 9, 12 10:52 AM
I just discovered this series and I'm glad the 10th anniversary sale made it possible for me to buy the CE version. I'm usually on a budget and just get SE versions of games. I love those goblin graphics, make me laugh. I'm so happy to find a storyline that isn't all gloom, doom & creepy graphics. I like the chillers but sometimes I need to take a break from them!

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jun 19, 12 12:02 AM
I thought I was having deju vu and had to go to my purchase history to see if I'd already purchased it last year or before that as by the time I got in the gate some of the screens looked the same.

Ariztokat
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Ariztokat on Jun 26, 12 1:17 AM
Music was great! Awakening has to be my favorite game series. When will the next installment be here?!

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Jun 29, 12 5:20 PM
This is a beautiful, fun, relaxing game - the third one in the "Awakening" series. I played the first two and decided to get the third one without even going through the demo. I knew it would be a winner! The beautiful music provided a nice background. The puzzles and minigames were new, different, and doable.. I couldn't leave my computer, I was so enthralled with the story. The Boom Zap developers have listened to the game players and I thank them for an outstanding job! : :
:

Edited on 06/29/2012 at 5:26:04 PM PST

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

Where's The Bonus Game?

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jul 4, 12 11:21 PM
*****Review Based Upon Completion of Entire Game*****

Loved the game, except for one thing:

Where's the Bonus Game?

I paid twice the price of a regular game just to get that little bonus game at the end of regular play, but when this one ended, there was no bonus game.

What's the story on that? I am going to need 1/2 of my money back or one game credit that equals 1/2 what I've paid to get a bonus level that never existed.

Anyway, other than that glaring problem, the game itself is a great one. Hardly any HOGs and more puzzle-oriented. Loved, loved, loved that! If you are a player who expects to be spoon-fed with an HOG every time you turn a corner, you will not like this game.

Also, on the other reviews where people say they "skipped" mini-games in Awakening, I don't understand that. Why on earth would you pay money for a game and then skip the puzzle games? My heavens, there are hints within the game, hints all over the Internet; there are dozens of ways to get good information about the place where you are stuck that will move you on through them.

I think just skipping the games is lazy, and I especially don't understand when people say they skip games and then complain the game is too short!

Oh, and if you are accustomed to skipping games that seem too hard to you, you should never label yourself as an "expert player."

Yes, this is full of games, but they are reasonable. This game wants you to open your brain and think. We've gotten too spoiled with silly little mini-games that hold our hands and ask us to match two objects. These mini-games ask you to use your head - what a novel idea!

I highly recommend this game, but I want to know where the bonus game went.

Go to: