TGT: Syberia ... Wow!!!

Re:TGT: Syberia ... Wow!!!

[Post New]by Maureen14 on Jan 18, 09 2:54 AM
I went to Iwin as suggested here to DL Syberia before buying it and I got a trojan from them - thankfully I ran malwarebytes before doing anything else after the DL.

adragon
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by adragon on Jan 18, 09 1:46 PM
yes - I have several games where the double-click causes running (Agatha Christie) and I wish Dracula Origin would do that! I was also 'sold' on Syberia because I got to start with a free hour...which was also a long download for me but well worth it. So far, I haven't downloaded the spoilers or strategy guide/walk through as it is very intuitive!

[Post New]by jabberzzy on Jan 19, 09 4:15 AM
Syberia has a great beginning with a really intriguing story about a boy who loved mammoths...but then that storyline sort of gets "sidelined" for the longest time...it's only when you get to the end of the first game and into the second that the story really pays off.

Terrific graphics and music, with creative puzzles that aren't too difficult (no hidden object puzzles!) and pretty decent writing throughout...

[Post New]by mcdreamy on Jan 19, 09 10:25 AM
I have found the cogs, fax, newspaper, but nothing else. I go from bedroom, door to door, ask the front desk all the questions, called all the phne numbers, but I can't find anything else that will let me go forward. Help anyone!!!!!!

[Post New]by ricksfrannie on Jan 19, 09 8:20 PM
Hi there I don't want to appear really stupid but my brain having trouble with Syberia. It's graphics are awesome and I really want to play but I get stuck in dumb places. Right now I'm stuck in the lawyers office and can't retreive the key. Help! I really want to play it through but in RTR if you needed help in a certain room you could find it by room.
Can you help me? Please?
Thanks and blessings
Franni

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 20, 09 4:13 PM
mcdreamy wrote:I have found the cogs, fax, newspaper, but nothing else. I go from bedroom, door to door, ask the front desk all the questions, called all the phne numbers, but I can't find anything else that will let me go forward. Help anyone!!!!!!

The only thing I can think of at the moment is that you may not have picked up all the cogs. There are FOUR, not two, to pick up. Collect the two cogs from the floor next to the table, then click on the table itself where Momo was sitting to get a close-up screen. Retrieve the other two cogs from the table. The etching on the table is just for reference, it's not an actual puzzle.

Make sure that Kate has talked to her boss, Mr. Marsden. Then she should be able to leave the hotel and look around.

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 20, 09 4:19 PM
ricksfrannie wrote:Hi there I don't want to appear really stupid but my brain having trouble with Syberia. It's graphics are awesome and I really want to play but I get stuck in dumb places. Right now I'm stuck in the lawyers office and can't retreive the key.

Hi Frannie, welcome to the forums!

Once you have entered the notary's office building, there are two rooms - the reception area and the actual office. To get into the office you need to walk through another set of doors towards the left of the screen. The notary will greet you and invite you to sit. Sit on the left chair towards the bottom of the screen. Talk to him about all the subjects in your notebook; exhaust every avenue of conversation. Read the letter from Anna that he gives you. The notary will then say he is finished with this business and instructs that you to check out the Voralberg factory and residence for more information.

Once you leave his office area, you will not ever need to return to talk to him (any attempt would be unsuccessful anyway - Kate will always say he is resting).

You can look at the desk in the reception area. Notice the automaton stamp, but it's not working, and none of the papers you have in your inventory can be placed on the desk. Just remember that it's there and to check back later to see about using it.

Walk towards the front door to exit. The gate key is in the umbrella stand next to the front door, retrieve it before leaving. It is shaped like a T. This key will give you entry to the big metal gate in the wall across from the hotel. If you walk back down the street towards the hotel, the wall will be on your righthand side and the gate is roughly across from the hotel. It can be a little hard to spot but keep looking until you find it.

Hope this helps

MrsCs3
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by MrsCs3 on Jan 20, 09 7:14 PM
I love the game too, but need help playing it. I get stuck and do not know how to continue/ I got checked in to my room and have gather gears and talked to the baker and went in and talk to the next guy but now don't know whats next.. got any hints?.

MrsCs3
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by MrsCs3 on Jan 20, 09 7:29 PM
it does thank you Now for another question in syberia 2 I can't get of the train dock. I talk to the store owner and to the man at the out side back of the train and even people down on the ground. but can't open the gate and can't get the train to leave the station.

MrsCs3
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by MrsCs3 on Jan 20, 09 7:33 PM
it does thank you Now for another question in syberia 2 I can't get of the train dock. I talk to the store owner and to the man at the out side back of the train and even people down on the ground. but can't open the gate and can't get the train to leave the station.

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 21, 09 6:49 PM
MrsCs3 wrote:I love the game too, but need help playing it. I get stuck and do not know how to continue/ I got checked in to my room and have gather gears and talked to the baker and went in and talk to the next guy but now don't know whats next.. got any hints?.

Well, probably the smartest step to take at this stage is to get in to talk to the notary. To do this, place Fax 2 from your inventory into the hand of the automaton robot at the door, click the levers to bring its head down, and you will gain access to the notary's office. Talk to him about everything and he will give you a letter from Anna. Pick up the telescopic key from the umbrella stand next to the front door. You can also check out the automaton stamp on the desk in the reception area, but you will not be able to do anything with it at this point in the game; just remember that it's there.

Then you have a few options. On the main street, if you continue left as far as you can go, you will find a gate that is locked and can't be opened yet. If you continue on the main street all the way to the right and up the hill, you will find the church which can be explored by going around to the right behind the building and entering the rectory.

You can also use the telescopic key you picked up from the notary's office to gain access to the Voralberg properties. The gate is in the wall across the street from the hotel. Place the key in the hands of the upper automaton then turn the wheel (or pull the lever, I can't remember) to lower it down. This will give you access to several new areas to explore.

Happy gaming!

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 21, 09 6:56 PM
MrsCs3 wrote:it does thank you Now for another question in syberia 2 I can't get of the train dock. I talk to the store owner and to the man at the out side back of the train and even people down on the ground. but can't open the gate and can't get the train to leave the station.

It sounds like you are playing Syberia and Syberia II at the same time? Ambitious!

For future reference, you will get a lot more help and responses to your questions about Syberia II if you post on the Syberia II forum. To do this, click on "All Game Forums" tab near the top of your screen and then choose Syberia II and post your question. For now though, I can help you.

There are three tasks you need to do on the upper level of the train station. First, go to the far end of the platform where Oscar is and wind the train. Click on the wheel, then the lever.

Go to the general store and talk to the manager. To the right of where he is standing there is another countertop which you can click on to zoom in. Take the small key from the left of the screen. Back out of this screen and go back towards the front door where the candy machines are. Use the key on the bottom drawer of the rightmost machine to get coins. Then by trial and error you can use the coins in the other two machines to get two types of candy.

Once you have the candy, go out to where to coal machine is. While you are standing on the bridge in front of it, you should look down and see a girl character who you can interact with. Talk to her about all the subjects in the notebook and she will offer to give you the gate key in exchange for a present. Give her the sugar candy from your inventory and she will give you the gate key. Then you can use the gate key to get down to the lower level under the train tracks.

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Feb 3, 09 7:00 PM
SSmitty wrote:I've played both these and believe me, you will definitely get your money's worth.
I payed much, much more for this series than game club prices, and still think I got my money's worth. It is an absolute beautiful game both graphics and storyline.
There are several spots that are very hard to figure out and a walkthrough is a good thing to have handy, even if you don't want to use it till you get stuck.

I agree - this series is well worth the big bucks$ I enjoyed Syberia I so much, I purchased Syberia II next! Thanks for the excellent review

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Feb 4, 09 6:03 PM
They are both such lovely games. I am not usually the type to play a game more than once after I have completed it, but I don't doubt I will go back and replay these some time soon.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Feb 5, 09 2:46 AM
I played Syberia when it was first out. I am playing again and taking my time over it. I have only just left Valadilene!

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Feb 6, 09 6:58 PM
csmith116 wrote:I just bought the game after reading a few responses in this forum, but I don't find directions anywhere. After entering the building and finding the key, I can't (or don't know how) to pick it up. Is there a help option that you know of?
Thanks
bfsmith@mail.usf.edu

Hi, welcome to the forums!

There is a post at the top of this forum, with a sticky note next to it, titled something like instructions for game or some such thing. You will find an explanation of the different cursors and navigation directions there.

Good luck!

mzaura
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by mzaura on Feb 8, 09 7:55 PM
I have just finished this game and I now know where my credit is going to go ....on Siberia 2!! This was absolutely fabulous and I adored Oscar!!! I amazed myself by how engrossed I actually was with Kate and Oscar. I hated to see it end!! I am so glad there is a second one. I would recommend this one to everyone. Just phenomenal!!!

LJ_04
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by LJ_04 on Feb 15, 09 2:08 AM
What a truly fantastic game, graphics and story line were excellent! Thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to play Syberia 2 now! BRILLIANT!!

gullbra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by gullbra on Feb 20, 09 12:05 AM
LJ_04 wrote:What a truly fantastic game, graphics and story line were excellent! Thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to play Syberia 2 now! BRILLIANT!!

Sorry to tag on here seahorse, but I have downloaded the game twice and then the installation failed. If you tell me to go to Customer support, or Technical support,
please tell me how to do this.

[Post New]by notoldhand on Feb 20, 09 12:31 AM
Hi
I am new to Syberia, have been trying to play this game for a few days. Could someone tell me how to get out of the hotel, I have picked up the cogs and fax and phoned using the # on the fax but can't get any further. Any help please.

Go to: