rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Re:Review for Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition

[Post New]by rtrooney on Sep 13, 11 8:12 PM
TeamSD wrote:Really really loved the first one and this one didn't make me disappointed either! Played for 30 mins and it's a BUY for me!

Graphics are great, top quality just like other games from ERS, music is stunning and puzzles are super fun! HOG scenes including some interactions as usual which is great and story is great too (even though i like the story of the first one more). The gameplay is just the best, i got hooked and just can't stop playing it!

Grades:

Graphics: A*
Story: A
Music: A*
Puzzles: A
HOG Scenes: A
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A*
Overall: A*

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!
Once again, you have to be kidding. No way this is even a c+ other than graphics.

Edited on 10/03/2011 at 7:02:11 PM PST

Re:Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Sep 14, 11 2:05 AM
I agree with you, rtrooney. I guess she likes the HOS, unlike many people here. I didn't give it an A+.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 14, 11 10:14 AM
I loved Queen of Spades and I love this just after playing the demo! I love HOS myself, so I like games that have them. Can't get into straight adventure games.

Some people don't like the villain. I think he looks like Dr. Loveless from the old Wild, Wild West TV show, only a lot more evil looking. I am tired of the same old black-hooded with glowing eyes villains. Or just black-caped villains.

I had just finished "Queen of Spades" yesterday and was disappointed that SG got away, so I am glad I have a chance to hunt him down again!

This one is a definite buy for me!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 14, 11 10:30 AM
I just finished the game in its entirety and was not disappointed. Yes, ERS is a bit formula, but it's a formula I enjoy. I like finding the little extras in the H/O scenes, for example. The music needs to be changed. Most of it was from previous games, but all in all, I liked it very much and I'm sure I will play it a second time in a few months. I was hoping to catch SG and destroy the little pest, but OTOH, another game in the series will also be welcome.

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Sep 14, 11 7:13 PM
Another great ERS game. Beautiful artwork, interesting story, and worthwhile bonus chapter. I was glad that there wasn't as much mayhem as in The Queen of Spades. I can buy any ERS came without playing the trail because I know they will be good and worth the money.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 16, 11 1:17 PM
Went ahead and purchased this game and was a bit disappointed. I had played Queen of Spades and really liked it, but this one left me wanting more. Excellent graphics, good story line, didn't care for the music...got real old real fast, some HOGs were challenging, games were different but weren't difficult. Game seemed very short. Bonus was definitely very short! Hopefully the next one if a lot better.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Sep 16, 11 3:27 PM
Just finished! It's took me about 6 hours. Loved it I rate this game as AAA+ really great job. Love the little Dwarf Cool!!!! . More like this please

Edited on 09/16/2011 at 3:34:06 PM PST

[Post New]by michie2724 on Sep 17, 11 11:21 AM
The game wasnt as long or in depth as the others they have made, imo, but i wasnt disappointed in it either. It was a decent game to pass the time away. The only issue im having, wondering if anyone else had this happen, is when i try to play the extra game it keeps timing out and exiting the game out on me after 5 mins or so. Ill try to reinstall it to see if that works.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Sep 18, 11 4:05 AM
Hi, michie.

No, I didn't have that problem with the Bonus Adventure. It worked fine for me.

Just note that it's better not to just reinstall the game; but you should first uninstall it, and then reinstall it. Your Game Profile will remain intact.

I hope you get it working. Good luck.

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 4:09:38 AM PST

[Post New]by Sven62 on Sep 20, 11 5:09 AM
What the hell is SG and H/O? Just type it for chrissake!

Edited on 09/20/2011 at 5:09:50 AM PST

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Sep 22, 11 2:01 AM
Hi, Sven.

SE means Standard Edition as opposed to CE which means Collector's Edition. It's the same game, but the Collector's Edition usually has an extra bonus chapter of the game, plus some bonus extras, such as Wallpaper, Screen Savers, Music, and Concept Art. The Collector's Edition costs more than the Standard Edition of the game. SG means Strategy Guide, which is also something the Collector's Edition usually has that the Standard Edition doesn't.

H0 stands for Hidden Object. (You can't abbreviate it with the letter O because of the auto-censor, so you can use an H and a zero.) HOS means Hidden Object Scene and HOG means Hidden Object Game.

I hope this helps.

Edited on 09/29/2011 at 4:28:19 AM PST

Cayco
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Review for Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Cayco on Sep 22, 11 3:35 AM
kcrosley2 wrote:i cann't find piano
I am wih kcrosley2, i cannot find the piano either. Help please!!!

Edited on 09/22/2011 at 3:41:17 AM PST

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Sep 22, 11 9:20 AM
Sven62 wrote:What the hell is SG and H/O? Just type it for chrissake!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 23, 11 11:55 AM
Sven62 wrote:What the hell is SG and H/O? Just type it for chrissake!

Hi Sven and welcome to the Pond.

SG = Strategy Guide

H0 = Hidden Objects

HOS = Hidden Object Scene

HOG = Hidden Object Game

I know it`s a pain when you aren`t familiar with a forum`s abbreviations.

Here are 2 links to threads that will explain lots of those pesty abbreviations:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/87335.page#1606784

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/33367.page

Happy gaming.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 23, 11 12:19 PM
After consideration, and reading the reviews over at that other site that does reviews, I have decided to buy the CE after all instead of waiting for the SE.

Why? Because several times someone mentioned that the bonus game will really finish the game and that those peeps buying the SE might not be satisfied with the ending.

I didn`t want to buy the CE because of the short bonus games I got lately with CEs. But someone said they took a good hour, and someone else said they took 1 1/2 hours to play the bonus game.

Now me, I rather listen to those peeps than to those who say they played the bonus game in half an hour. Why? Because I hadn`t even finished the trial version within the hour I had. I am a slow player, why? Because I like to hang about and enjoy the game, I enjoy the graphics, and I enjoy the scenery. I don`t want to race through a game, click-click-clickety-click. I want to take my time. So for me, this will be a long game.

Also, I adore ERS games. Sure, it`s the same concept, but I love it.

Edited on 09/23/2011 at 1:37:04 PM PST

banor
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by banor on Sep 23, 11 5:57 PM
I thought this was a really good game - but not great - i felt like I finished it rather quickly or maybe I just play too much anyway well worth my time

I already answered Sven

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Sep 24, 11 1:52 AM
At the risk of offending someone, it's funny that Sven asked a question and I answered him in the very next post. Then a day later someone else answers him and duplicates much of what I already wrote. Now I can understand if someone just posts at the end of a thread without reading messages that came before. But obviously the person saw Sven's question, so it seems a little odd that they wouldn't see that I answered him, since my post was right after his post. It creates the impression that I am being ignored.

And that's the name of that tune.

Edited on 09/24/2011 at 2:02:15 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

I already answered Sven

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 24, 11 2:48 AM
Dominick_Fontana wrote:At the risk of offending someone, it's funny that Sven asked a question and I answered him in the very next post. Then a day later someone else answers him and duplicates much of what I already wrote. Now I can understand if someone just posts at the end of a thread without reading messages that came before. But obviously the person saw Sven's question, so it seems a little odd that they wouldn't see that I answered him, since my post was right after his post. It creates the impression that I am being ignored.

And that's the name of that tune.

Did your feelings get hurt? I don`t know how many times I replied to someone first and others did the exact same after me, but I never made a fuss about it.

Also, I thought it would be useful for Sven to actually get the links to the 2 threads that have all the abbreviations, which you didn`t include.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 24, 11 10:14 AM
Well, I finished the game now, and am really happy with it. At first I thought the game was a little flat, but the story is far more involved, I thought, then, for example, "Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice" was.
I also thought that the HOS were a little more difficult than they used to be, at least I had to look for some objects far longer than I usually do in ERS games. I don`t mind when I can find the objects easily enough. I`d rather have it a little easier than too difficult. But on the whole, I thought that the HOS were just right.

I didn`t spent an hour and a half with the bonus game, but 50 minutes. However, the bonus game was rather good, and it did complete the story.

BTW, it seemed that several peeps had trouble finding the bonus game. The tree branches you see in the bonus section actually spell out the word "Play". So you just click on that word and you are set.

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Sep 24, 11 6:59 PM
I mean really....what else can I say about an ERS game, except AWESOME! It's a nice sequel to the Queen of Spades I believe...anyway I am enjoying it, it's bright and fun to play!! No DARK hidden objects in DARKNESS for this game!!! I give this game 5 's Way to go DEVS ! and to BFG

Go to: