Re:Syberia - Instructions on How To Play

[Post New]by jacquiemain on Feb 22, 11 10:41 PM
Hi. I bought this game a few days ago after reading good feedback-- missed all the ones who were having troubles -also why do these forum start with oldest postings first??- bit confusing. I don't know whether my game didnt download properly or what- but there are no icons on the screen, no menu, no story, no help that i can find and i have no idea what to do- bumbled along for a little while and then gave up! Is it meant to be like this? or do i have a problem? Would be really grateful for some advice- any advice!! .

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Mar 15, 11 3:43 PM
Can't wait until the 3rd part is out. Both of serial out are great there is a walkthrough both. Just type in the name of the game & walkthrough.

cheetiebug
Clownfish
Clownfish
537 Posts

[Post New]by cheetiebug on Jun 7, 11 8:34 PM
I have read through this entire forum and am still stuck. I have no way to quit the game without pushing control, alt, delete. I cannot find a way to save the game either. Most of the posts telling people how to save say something like click on the black save, but I cannot find this. Am I missing something?

Really frustrated. Please help.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jun 7, 11 9:35 PM
cheetiebug wrote:I have read through this entire forum and am still stuck. I have no way to quit the game without pushing control, alt, delete. I cannot find a way to save the game either. Most of the posts telling people how to save say something like click on the black save, but I cannot find this. Am I missing something?

Really frustrated. Please help.

True adventure games have several ways to get to the main menu, and I don't remember Syberia exactly. Sometimes moving the mouse to the top of the screen brings it up, or moving it to the bottom of the screen, or pushing Esc key. I am copying my post which is the 3rd one above yours with advice that I always give to newer player to this type of game. The walkthrough also will give you instructions on how to save your game.

Did you try to do an internet search for a walkthrough for this game? If you have never played this type of game before, it is pretty much a must. It will tell you how to play the game. I would highly recommend doing that. You may enjoy the game if you have some instructions to get you started.

Hope you can find a walkthrough to help you enjoy the game.

ultra_sun
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ultra_sun on Jul 3, 11 10:52 PM
This game is frustrating beyond belief. I did read the beginning thread destructions on "how to play,' but no where does it tell you how to stop/save the game. I ended up having to call up the task manager to halt the program. The game needs some sort of in-game "Who needs a stinking manual" type of instructions. I should not be sitting in this forum looking for basic instructions rather playing the game.

According to your "instructions,"
Right Click to view the game menu (as a user this translates to being the main menu with real options like saving the game or what not), use an object from the inventory, consult document, OR use your cell phone. Considering you have "proframmed" the game to understand that a "right click" does all of those things, is it no wonder both the computer and this user are confused.

The game icons - "Y with an X over it - No action possible." Are you kidding, I have not gotten past the joker robot that has his hand out with the rusty lever, and have yet to see this icon. Considering I have traversed the hotel numerous times, the town numerous times, I find it hard to believe I have not seen this icon, but hit LOADS of dead ends.

BTW pressing the escape key while in the game brings up the tool/inventory sub-menu. I am not able to get back to the main menu.

Edited on 07/03/2011 at 10:58:45 PM PST

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 24, 11 7:41 AM
So how did a forum for Syberia get started on forum for: 10 Days to Save the World. The Adventures of Diana Salinger?

Delta77
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by Delta77 on Aug 10, 11 9:12 PM
crazy8club wrote:So how did a forum for Syberia get started on forum for: 10 Days to Save the World. The Adventures of Diana Salinger?

LOL - I was wondering about that also and by a moderator!

[Post New]by agillilan on Aug 30, 11 12:21 PM
May I make a suggestion? Download DAP - Download Accelerator Programme - it's free or can be paid for, but will download games etc VERY fast! I've used it for over 10 years for all my files and you can instruct it to download into a certain folder or even drive, so freeing space on your PC. It's especially helpful if you have slow connections - I'd never be without it!!!!

Edited on 08/30/2011 at 12:23:05 PM PST

reickso
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by reickso on Mar 1, 12 8:15 AM
I keep trying to dial a phone number with the phone in the game syberia but it is not responding when i do

b2u4
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Before talking with the drunk - cosmonaut

[Post New]by b2u4 on Jun 23, 12 6:51 PM
The drunk has fallen. I used the key on the crane, followed directions to move him. But can not get the water to run onto him.
Have tried several times.

What do I need to do?

Thanks.

[Post New]by edenzil01 on Nov 7, 12 9:06 PM
HELP I am stick.. there are no swimmers playing chess.. what am I doing wrong? Only the chess board is there

[Post New]by Winning_Ticket on Oct 28, 13 4:45 PM
cat52 wrote:
llilly wrote: ...you will love this game because it does those things so much better than Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes, etc. I looked high and low for other games by this author, but these were the only ones he (she?) made that I can find. You can't die, you don't have to fight anything, and there is no blood or gore...

Thanks for the UHint lead...have a feeling I might need it, although not quite yet...anyway, have you tried Time Stand Still? Very similar.

[Post New]by golap_ali on Apr 11, 14 7:44 PM
I want to play this game. Tell me more about the game. Is this game really interesting ?

Edited on 04/11/2014 at 7:44:50 PM PST

Go to: