molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by molla311 on Sep 26, 11 5:42 AM
I got to the same spot as Johnmouse, but here it froze, I had to turn of the computer manualy to get out.

When I tried igen I get the access violation. Game is now uninstalled from my computer. Hope they fix all the problems, then this might be a buy for me.

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by coolcatherine on Sep 26, 11 9:39 AM
Hi
I had the same access violation message then I tried what dobbiemijnboekje said in his or her post ; to play using the icon created on the desktop and not the game manager and it works
The cursor sometimes is slow but the game works fine!

Thanks dobbiemijnboekje

sbyrd
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by sbyrd on Sep 26, 11 12:52 PM
Seriously buggy game..hope it's fixed soon

[Post New]by Sylv42 on Sep 26, 11 8:10 PM
Got through the main game but now, in the Bonus Game, I'm stuck because the game won't recognize that I did pick up the fourth dragon head and just sparkles on an empty space between the planks. Can't go any further. Wow. What do we pay for these days???!!!

[Post New]by jayceejaws on Sep 27, 11 8:29 AM
Is there any updates yet for this game? I bought it and it still isn't working,,,,,,,
Thanks everyone.

[Post New]by gameplayer300 on Sep 27, 11 12:45 PM
I am not going to change anything on my computer for this game they should fix there game no buy

[Post New]by Whizzy_Wheelz on Sep 27, 11 1:26 PM
Hi all

I had problems with the access violation issue (I found clicking the play button again straight afterwards solved that problem in most cases not all), also the game was a bit laggy especially during HOS's.

I did manage to complete the game including the extra gameplay and it is well worth it.

1 other problem I didn't like is the strategy guide starts from page 1 every time so I had to keep clicking till I got to the page I needed (previous games the guide keeps up with your progress a lot easier)

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

slooooowww cursor and freezes

[Post New]by eedebeep on Sep 27, 11 4:33 PM
ugh the cursor moves so slow, it is sooooooo annoying. lots of "minifreezes" where I have to wait several seconds for the cursor to move.

Hope to see a fix soon or I'm getting my money back!

[Post New]by noraelaine on Sep 28, 11 12:45 AM
Having MAJOR problems even getting this game started, i even purchased it thinking this would help updated my virus protection nothing i do helps all i get is a black screen veryyyyyy disappointed with this game don't know what else to do.

kiwichook
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kiwichook on Sep 28, 11 1:00 AM
Here we go again! Recent games have gone perfectly but this one is a pain! Very slow to open, music jerky, cursor slow and jerky every thing worked but just so slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. My computer is not at fault latest technology and updates. Big Fish thought you were coming right we never used to have all these bugs and glitches. Why does this happen? and do you actually take note of your unhappy fishes??????????????????????????????

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 28, 11 11:33 PM
I thought I'd weigh in with my experience of the game thus far, from a technical standpoint. First off, I had no problems with the demo. After purchasing the game, I tried starting the game from the desktop icon, bypassing the game manager, and received constant access violation error messages. I then tried starting the game from the game manager and was able to get the game running if I clicked on the play button repeatedly (that last is important, as just clicking play one time only, I would continue to get the access violation error message). I'm a good ways into the game now and am able to exit and then get back into the game by following the above procedure. Fingers crossed. If the game wasn't as good as it is, it certainly would not be worth this kind of hassle and aggravation.

I have also had one complete lockup in the cemetary. I was afraid that after this occurrence I wouldn't be able to get back into the game, but thankfully it started up through the game manager (again, by pressing play repeatedly), and the game allowed me to continue where I left off.

The technical issues are a shame, as the game itself is excellent. Unfortunately getting through the game without issues is more of an adventure (of the wrong kind) than I would have wished.

AListrina
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by AListrina on Sep 29, 11 7:01 AM
crazy8club wrote:game goes slow. drags on getting from place to place. but wait, must be our PC's and not the game. funny how quite a few of us have the same problem. game only lasted me from beginning and to where it stopped, 17 minutes.

will I buy? depends on whether game is given some metamucil to get it going the way it is supposed to.

The game is great, but I am to the point of frustration... I open to play and POOF! it shuts down....every time... Should I reload?
Alistrina

mom10989
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mom10989 on Sep 29, 11 2:26 PM
I got well into the game with no problems. working away in the cemetery, blew up the wall in the chapel, all of a sudden the game froze, I can't do anything. CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out of the game, then it won't start up again.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 29, 11 3:45 PM
Hi folks,

Just wanted to let you know that we're still looking into the issue causing the "Access Violation" errors. No updates yet, but we'll be sure to let you know if/when we get a fix for this.

For those of you experiencing slow gameplay, freezing issues, or if your game is crashing, I'd encourage you to check for any available updates for your video card drivers. More information can be found here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Sep 29, 11 4:19 PM
I played the demo with no problems , so I bought the game. Thats when the problems began - same as everyone else, missing letters or words in popup dialogs, no lists in hidden object scenes - curser disappears when hovering over a pickup object or an exit to another location. Very frustrating that these problems still have not been worked out! Spoke with a customer service rep yesterday - she said they were "working on it" but had no idea when the problems would be fixed. I personally think if we purchase the game and it doesnt work an instant refund should be forthcoming!

ranger05
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by ranger05 on Sep 30, 11 8:17 AM
Also Access Violation as follows:
Error: Access violation at 0x009B52E3 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated
Seems like this game has many access violations. What's with the programming?

[Post New]by penns64 on Sep 30, 11 3:22 PM
Anyone besides me having trouble with the musical notes on the radio. My game guide says 4 but needs 5? The guide says the number I need to get to the next step is on the radio but I am short a musical note . The number the guide gives I did try but the box wont open. Help! thanks

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 30, 11 4:00 PM
Hi fishies,

We now have a new build for this game that fixes the following issues:

- adjustments were made to alleviate some of the cursor/transition lag that was being reported
- the hint for the bushes was pointing players in the wrong direction, this has been fixed
- the Strategy Guide now ‘remembers’ where you last closed it, so it won’t reset to the menu when closed
- the game wouldn’t save for players using non-Latin characters in profile names, this has also been fixed

If you would like to get this version, please uninstall and reinstall your game from your Purchase History.

In order to stay on top of any new technical issues that come up, we will be locking this thread, but please post any new issues that you experience over in the new tech thread HERE.

Thank you!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 09/30/2011 at 4:01:04 PM PST

Go to: