Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Re:Reviews for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Tomsde on Nov 20, 11 6:47 PM
Spoiler Alert!

Another great ERS game. The animation and art work continue to amaze and I was very happy with the new tracks in the score. The bonus chapter was long and made it worth the extra money for the collectors edition. It wasn't as grim or scary as The Black Cat or Redemption Cemetary, but I liked that about it. I can live without gorey corpses being scattered about and I'm a sucker for a happy ending. Keep up the good work. It was also a nice long game for the money as well.

Edited on 11/20/2011 at 6:47:28 PM PST

GoThDoLL
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Reviews for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial Collector's Edition

[Post New]by GoThDoLL on Nov 23, 11 9:19 AM
Loved this game, excellent graphics and storyline. It totally lived up to the ERS standards However, the bonus game play was too short and seemed thrown together and was not overly impressed with the soundtrack. Perhaps if it was done with the piano and not an accordion I might have liked the score better. (My only complaint about the game.) I am just awed by the artwork, beautiful job. Loved the mini games that were interspersed throughout the game. It is worth the purchase. Happy gaming

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Dec 15, 11 2:36 AM
The Mac version seems to be working beautifully. I can't really add much to all the wonderful reviews but will say the music sounds to me like dirge like version of Mac the Knife. Doesn't quite play the whole theme but I just kept going there. Anyone else?

[Post New]by Fisherman253 on Dec 23, 11 11:45 PM
Next they should do the Tell Tale Heart.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Dec 31, 11 10:59 PM
To be honest, I've read through all these pages and I've had a very difficult time discerning the true reviews written by people who've actually played the entire game from those who've played only the demo. Also, it was difficult to find those reviews amid all the chit-chat conversations that permeated this thread.

I never base my decision to purchase on reviews from people who've only played the demo; I try not to even read those. It was extremely difficult in this thread to weed those out. This thread just seems to be particularly cluttered and not very helpful.

I've read through all of these and I honestly cannot determine the quality or lack of quality of this game, nor can I adequately determine whether to purchase it.

Frustration.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 8, 12 5:57 PM
Just like the other games in the same Dark tales series this one was superb, beautiful graphics nice mystery adventure, the story line is just great, another winner in Bf.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jan 17, 12 4:25 PM
* This review is based upon completion of the full game and bonus content.*

This game was ok, but TOO MANY HIDDEN OBJECT PUZZLES! First, I play these HOGs only because I like the mini-games/puzzles/adventure aspect of them, and heaven knows the true adventure games are few and far between on BFG. I suffer through these mindless HOGs to play the rest of the game.

Actually, I don't mind a few hidden object puzzles in a game, but what I really don't like is exactly what this game did. They had some clever puzzles at the beginning of the game, but at the middle point, they apparently ran out of inspiration, and began relying almost solely on hidden object puzzles to progress the game. I mean, they were EVERYWHERE.

So, this game was just ok for me. I wish I had the money back that I wasted on the CE version, because the additional content was pointless.

Look, I know other people will rave about this game, and that's ok. It seems these days that any game will get raves in reviews if it only has decent graphics and looks like it was done in a high-quality development house. I think people have really accepted mediocrity as their high point.

Me, I want more from my games. As a web developer, I appreciate the pretty graphics, but I want better content. Game developers should take the game Siberia II and always use it as their standard. If their game doesn't match up, they need to keep it in development until it does.

So, while I'm not mad at this game, it certainly was only ok for me.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by bernie61 on Jul 26, 12 8:52 AM
how do i do the hieroglyphics i have code but dont know what to do with it so STUCK please help

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 26, 12 11:58 AM
Hi bernie61,

I checked the walkthrough we have for the standard version of this game, and this is what it said about how to use that code:

- Examine the portrait; take the ROSE.
- Put the CODE TABLE on the painting.
- You have to decipher the code using the table and the positions of the Egyptian characters.
-The code is 10 -1 (I) – 5 (V) – 2 (II).

You can click here to see a screenshot of that solution, or here to go to the full walkthrough. Even though you're playing the Collector's Edition, the gameplay is pretty similar in the standard version, so it should be a good guide for you through most of the game.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bookworm42
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm42 on Feb 2, 13 7:59 AM
anybody know when the SE is being released. i am desperate to play the game , but cannot afford the extra for the CE. i have played the other games in the series and they are brilliant

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 2, 13 10:51 AM
Great question bookworm42!

The SE of Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial has already been released! Just click the link below for the SE game page:

Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial

You can always find all of our available games by going to PC Games, hovering over Browse Genres and clicking Search PC Games, then select Show All PC Games.

Happy gaming!

bfgIzara

bookworm42
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm42 on Feb 4, 13 2:27 AM
bfgIzara . thanks very much. will enjoy playing this on my next days off

[Post New]by Selena1406 on Aug 30, 13 11:28 PM
Scene 4, the crepet. Notning happens when I drag the needle to the pants. How do I get the Patch?

[Post New]by looby67 on Nov 26, 13 10:58 AM
I love the game series but this game is frustrating me I have played the game 3 times and can still only get 32 roses and it won't let me play the bonus features without all of them! Any suggestions? I have followed the strategy guide to find them but with no luck! Plsssss help!

[Post New]by looby67 on Nov 26, 13 11:00 AM
Selena1406 wrote:Scene 4, the crepet. Notning happens when I drag the needle to the pants. How do I get the Patch?

It took me ages to get it to work for me I did it a bit lower than the patch and it worked just keep trying different areas around the patch and it should work x

Go to: