gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Post any The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gingergal on Feb 3, 12 1:27 PM
thanks for trying. It's not those things, over years of playing here and with CS I know how to up date these things and I do frequently.

And Dr felix I attach now mostly straight of as a matter of course with problems with games and for a couple of years now, CS has always said it's not my settings etc.

I have just finished recently playing escape from ravenhearst, which is the biggest HOG re graphics etc there is and I had no problem playing that.

I think it runs hot this game and it could be a fan thing making my laptop shut down. But I'd say that is a problem as if I have never had that with any marathon run games including hours of escape from ravenhearst, it's how the game is set up. It really must be a hog!

And when my screen goes black, I still have my skull hint button and journal. it's only for a few seconds and maybe others have this with every game and it's normal. But it's the first lag I've every experienced in a game.

Thanks for trying to help though. Did manage to get through it eventually!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Post any The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 3, 12 5:52 PM
Sorry, but so many times people don't do those things and people really do have keep their PCs updated if they expect to play any game designed in the last year. It sounds like you do know what to do. In my experience, it's usually been Flash player causing black screen issues, but RAM and/or too slow a processor are right behind that.

It's too bad you had problems with this game. I think it was one of the best I've played recently, but I'm sure your enjoyment was hindered by the shutdowns. Glad you got through it anyway.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Feb 3, 12 9:59 PM
burf90 wrote:Sorry, but so many times people don't do those things and people really do have keep their PCs updated if they expect to play any game designed in the last year. It sounds like you do know what to do. In my experience, it's usually been Flash player causing black screen issues, but RAM and/or too slow a processor are right behind that.

It's too bad you had problems with this game. I think it was one of the best I've played recently, but I'm sure your enjoyment was hindered by the shutdowns. Glad you got through it anyway.

I completely agree a lot of people don't know how to update these things. Going into adobe to test shockwave and flash player was the first thing I did. I would have thought it was more laptop if the whole screen went black and not just the scene changing as all the bottom stuff stayed in place.

It was the shutting down which was most annoying (but it did open in the right place) as I think it must have been overheating (and I do play on a proper laptop tray with vents cleaned and free).

I did really enjoy the game despite the problems, just wanted to post to give feedback to devs for next game to try and reduce the hog or whatever tech stuff it is that is causing it, for the next game.

thanks

MaryLent
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLent on Aug 29, 12 2:27 PM
Something isn't right. I am in the "Demons Room" . The cursor is only the bony hand . I cannot click on anything . No magnifying glass etc. What to do?

[Post New]by Caotnz on Nov 3, 12 3:59 PM
I have tried downloading this on to my iPad and the game freezes before it gets to the title page when after downloading it states "tap here to continue". I have downloaded this three times now without success. The reduced purchase price will be over soon. Any ideas what I need to do please? Thanks, Cath

[Post New]by Shopprnh on Nov 4, 12 1:53 AM
I'm playing the iPad version. Got the pruning shears. Snipped the rose. Went to snip flower of life and got a cut scene (big explosion) now the shears are missing from my inventory. I can't get the flower of life.

[Post New]by Dlanzy on Nov 5, 12 4:43 AM
I can't place the crown on the king at sue outside the church to get the artifact out of his hand. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix?

[Post New]by Standal on Nov 15, 12 6:19 PM
I cannot place the crown on the king's head outside of church also. It keeps telling me I found the crown. Has anyone found a solution to this? I play it on my iPad.

[Post New]by elena1010 on Nov 26, 12 6:11 PM
Yup, have the same problem with the crown too...... Any way to get round that problem?.

[Post New]by mobitzi on Feb 10, 13 8:35 AM
SKELETONS! i have tried every single imaginable combination. Even looked at strategy guide, took pic with phone and placed skeletons exactly in same position but it will not let me continue. Playing in advanced mode and it won't let me go in and change the mode so I can skip this puzzle.

[Post New]by gamineannie on Feb 24, 13 2:43 AM
Were the issues ever fixed? I was at the rose and dagger door lock puzzle and got a "no string" error. Had to hit an OK button and the game resumed, but if this is any indication of what to expect, then I will pass on this game.Even at half the price, bug-ridden is bug-ridden and takes away the possible playing pleasure.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 24, 13 5:17 PM
mobitzi wrote:SKELETONS! i have tried every single imaginable combination. Even looked at strategy guide, took pic with phone and placed skeletons exactly in same position but it will not let me continue. Playing in advanced mode and it won't let me go in and change the mode so I can skip this puzzle.

That's not a glitch, the skeleton puzzle is just very hard to solve. Look in the "Skeletons move, but still stuck" thread. I posted a move by move spoiler there.

ilovered1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ilovered1 on May 24, 13 7:58 AM
Hello Fishies

Bought the game without trial. MY bad. The game doesn't go on Widescreen or full screen because this game has the 2 black bars on both sides. My other games are in full screen. Is it me or anyone else has this problem?

What I know, games that are 'old' have the black bars. Does that mean that the developer doesn't know how to program their game yet in full screen? BFG could they change it please. It is not an enjoyable game when all screen is so narrow.

dcw13
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by dcw13 on Jun 16, 13 8:27 AM
elena1010 wrote:Yup, have the same problem with the crown too...... Any way to get round that problem?.
i have this problem to it just tells me I have collected the crown when I have already got it and put the gems in it and try to put it on statues head oust side the church but it won't do it so can't get the rod in its hand. Please help not had any bother usually but have clicked the crown all over the box but still nothing happens

[Post New]by medleyr1980 on Jun 26, 14 7:59 AM
I can't use any of the items I've collected. Just started the game and thought I had to buy the unlocked version to get them to work so I did and so nothing. All items and menu button is on right side and I can't click on menu and hint button but no items so I can even but the handle on the door to get started. Please help asap.

Go to: