tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

Re:Reviews for Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Nov 20, 11 7:39 AM
just finished hame and it was awesome. my kind of game. no hidden object scenes. slowed a couple times but i think it was saving. but no problems that i can complain about. buy the game, but try game first.i have windows vista. game makers should make more of these. off to try haunted manor queen of death. have a nice day.

seeme278
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by seeme278 on Nov 20, 11 9:11 AM
I've finished the game, but not the bonus chapter, and here are my thoughts. I enjoyed the change from the HOGs. I also thought the game had the best hard core mode I've seen in awhile because it didn't give any clues at all (i.e. didn't say things like "boy, that mirror is dirty"). The game really left you on your own. For the most part there was logic to each task, even though sometimes it was a stretch. One problem is that some of the active areas were so small, I couldn't find them no matter how I dragged my mouse. It may be that certain other tasks had to be performed before other areas became active showed up. So I went to the SG a couple of times only to find out that I had missed an active area. Otherwise, I was able to figure out the gameplay on my own. Good graphics, little chatter and dialogue could be "continued" without being "skipped."

VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE LENGTH. You think there are going to be five levels as you go thru each letter in AZADA and then boom! Three A's all show up at once and game over. Previous versions of AZADA, which were not CEs were much longer. Maybe the bonus chapter will make it worth the CE price, but I recommend waiting for the SE version.

capipe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

Re:Reviews for Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition -no HOS-good!

[Post New]by capipe on Nov 20, 11 4:58 PM
there are a million hidden object games..i'm tired of those. glad to see an adventure game w/out all the hogs.

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Nov 21, 11 12:48 AM
To the people complaining about the lack of **** scenes. That is what makes this such a good combination of adventure/ **** game. There are so many games that are the same with tons of **** scenes. Junk piles of them. Many of us are looking for something a bit different like this. So please give those of us who like it more games like this. I almost didn't try it as I didn't love the previous Azada games, but this one is really fun I think.

quaifen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by quaifen on Nov 21, 11 3:54 AM
I love love love this game, thank you developers, thank you BF, you made me so happy, I know that alot of people love HOS scenes after scenes, but I hate them, to many of them takes away from the story itself, when I play a game that have to many HOS scenes I cannot remember what the game was all about days after completing it, dont get me wrong, I like HOS games, but not when you got one HOS scenes after another through out the game.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 21, 11 7:06 AM
Excellent game. For sure this is a buy, I will have to wait until it comes out in SE, I can't afford CE's anymore..But i rate this game over all a A+..Keep up the good work DEV's and thx BF, Graphics was really awesome and sounds was awesome also..

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Nov 21, 11 11:02 AM
I thought it was a nice game... but somehow not Azada at all.
I have not bought it and, despite the graphs are beautiful etc, I won't but it as it's just equal to many other games of the sort.
The first two Azadas had something in their mood etc that made them special and this is completely lost here for some reason.

I only played the demo (by the way, am I the only one who hates self-restricted demos?) and for what I saw could not agree more with what cookme said.

Lovely game, but simply not Azada, despised it is called so,

dazedelf
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by dazedelf on Nov 22, 11 7:04 AM
Why the relaunch? You know I'm going to ignore the fact that this game is blatantly misadvertised as a HOG because Azada 1 & 2 were not HOG's so I was not expecting this one to be. What I'm wondering is why the series relaunch? Azada 1 and 2 were sequels of eachother, but this game has nothing to do with that. You took the title Azada and the name Titus and you made an entirely new game that has absolutely no connection to the previous 2 games. I feel like I wasted 2 years of my life waiting for a promised game that was never created. with the exception of a new MCF every November, BFG just does not put out anything that I look forward to anymore.

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re: bonus game way too short

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Nov 22, 11 7:09 AM
I loved the first two Azada games, and I purchased this one thinking it would be similar. It is very different, but I still liked it, as I personally prefer puzzles to hidden objects. However, I was very disappointed in the length of the real game, as well as the bonus game. Two hours for the real game and twenty minutes for the bonus? Come on..

[Post New]by noar68 on Nov 22, 11 1:03 PM
what can I say....looooved it, most of the games I play are hidden object which I am not a big fan of but I like the adventure type games and tha tis usually all you get. So I loooved this one. Great adventure game

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 22, 11 7:25 PM
I finished the game but have only just peeked at the extra game play. I also was disappointed. First of all, I was nearly 2/3 finished at the end of the Demo so it was a short game for me. It is not like the first two but does have some good puzzles. I didn't appreciate the clockwork man. It isn't that he wasn't good but he seemed to have been pulled from another game and thrown into this one for no apparent reason. He played a small part that added relatively nothing to the game. The art work was outstanding as always in an ERS game. Unfortunately, I also felt as though I wasted my money on a short game that, apart from the graphics, seemed to have been thrown together overnight. Maybe I have just played too many games.

[Post New]by archuu on Nov 22, 11 9:43 PM
Excellent game!! loved playing it........

GoThDoLL
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by GoThDoLL on Nov 23, 11 8:35 AM
cbtx wrote:Based on the trial.

Initially impressive (great opening scenes, gorgeous graphics, smooth game play, nice music, and voiceovers) but you quickly see that it is all puzzles all the time. And that's fine if you won't be disappointed that there are no traditional hidden object scenes. One puzzle after the other is not my particular interest but some will be fine with it.
I'm also concerned with the length of the game as the devs give no clue as to the length of the bonus game. Experience tells me that if there is no indication anywhere (maybe the strategy guide which only shows 15 pages) then the bonus may be lacking.
In the options menu, I was delighted to see a box for Widescreen play, but when I checked the box it told me that "windiwed mode not available". Come on, ERS devs---I.m glad to see that you might be finally addressing the widescreen issue for your usually beautiful and remarkable games but this is a very common 16 x 9 aspect ratio we're talking here so maybe there's hope that you'll get it right sooner or later----just not this game.
Overall, a nice puzzle game that may be on the short side, and with the infamous black bars, no buy or recommendation here.

Go to [removed by moderator] and look at their walkthrough section for this game and you can at least get an idea of length.

Edited on 11/30/2011 at 11:55:42 AM PST

GoThDoLL
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by GoThDoLL on Nov 23, 11 8:43 AM
Love this game, its a keeper. I like brain teasers. I am new to the Azada series and will be checking out the rest of them.

Graphics

Storyline

Cut scenes

Everything a CE should be. Thanx BFG and ERS !!

ERS loved your other series too "Dark Tales" Edgar Allen Poe collection" That earned lots of stars from me. No, I didn't bump into anything and nor did I hit for you to see stars

Seriously, Awesomness all the way around, again Thanx for such a good game <3

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Nov 23, 11 11:16 AM
I'm 1/3 through this game and loving it. It's a refreshing change without hidden object scenes.The graphics are beautiful and so is the music. Thanks, BF

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 11:18:31 AM PST

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Nov 23, 11 8:44 PM
I absolutely loved this game! Took me three days to finish (playing after work each day), took my time enjoying the graphics. Used the SG only twice, as I really like to figure things out myself. Like many others, I felt the game was shorter than what ERS usually puts out and the bonus game was extremely short and easy. I'm glad I bought and played it, but wish I'd waited for the SE.

I have the first Azada game and there really is no comparison between the two. ERS should have named it something else entirely and left all names and references to Azada. I feel it would have been much more accepted by all the fishes who played the first two.

What I liked about this one versus the first one is that it isn't timed. I HATE timed games. I work in a really fast paced, time structured environment and when I come home to unwind and play my games, I just want to slow down and not feel pressured. I really appreciated that this game gave me that. As far as HOG VS Adventure, doesn't matter to me, I like them equally.

Bottom line, I think this is a FANTASTIC game, but not worth the CE price ONLY because of the length of the game.... I eagerly await the next ERS offering...

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Nov 23, 11 9:54 PM
Just finished the game and I'm very impressed. I didn't think we were going to see another Azada and I'm delighted to see that ERS has stepped up to the plate.

Pros: absolutely beautiful art. I'll replay the entire game just to walk through the forest again. Lovely music with the ERS trademark trilling violins. And PUZZLES! They didn't let Azada down - Azada is a set of puzzle games and these puzzles were a great mix of new and old. I particularly enjoyed the color area puzzle and would pay to have it separately available. Czech scenery in the cut scenes is gorgeous. Pure pleasure. Easy level was just that, Advanced (where I played) was just about right. I'm taking on the Hard mode next.

Cons: very few. The length of the game, perhaps, and certainly the bonus play was too short, although the reward cut scenes at the end were wonderful. Decent voice acting but the American accents seemed a little out of place.

Overall a terrific success, in my opinion. Devs, you got this one!

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Nov 24, 11 2:20 AM
What a brilliant game from ERS at last they have made the game i hoped they always would after some disappointing releases recently.Stunning graphics,story,music and sound and glad to see they have stuck to the original concept in Azada games of puzzles only and did not use any HOG scenes.Well done ERS and hope you can now keep this standard up for your future releases.BFG take note of what can be done after a certain recent disappointing release?????.

Milo13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Milo13 on Nov 24, 11 3:03 AM
BLAH! I noticed the ERS tainted looking graphics in the screenshots, and after I downloaded the demo and saw ERS' name, I groaned.

My first game purchase was the original Azada - really disappointed in the different graphics. They look like pictures in a book rather than tangible 3D surroundings. It looked flat, dull, and boring, which makes it hard to immerse yourself in the gameplay.

I miss the lush and gorgeously rendered Azadas of the past - this one is nothing like them.

karica
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by karica on Nov 25, 11 12:59 PM
I will delay buying this game. I agree with many comments, this part differs from previous. For me it`s too strange..

Go to: