dinsb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

Re:Regarding the Mac Release for Escape from Ravenhearst

[Post New]by dinsb on Feb 23, 12 3:22 PM
vingilot wrote:Thank you, Cimarron, for the update. It's been a long wait and looks to be longer. I think we should get MCF badges *and* a Charles doll for waiting so long.

Adding my thanks as well, Cimarron, although the nit-picky side of me wishes you'd posted this info in the Mac forum (thanks to shorenuf for doing so -- would never have seen it otherwise).

I agree with vingilot that an MCF badge for patience would be appropriate (and appreciated), but would go even further: how about allowing us to purchase the eventually released (fins crossed) CE edition at the Christmas sale price as the PC fishies could? Seems only fair.

[Post New]by Nikkifits on Feb 28, 12 1:30 PM
Finally some news..yay. I think we should have the christmas sale too, but we'll probably land on the easter sale or st. patty if they release it that soon...lol.

MommytobeC
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by MommytobeC on Feb 29, 12 10:33 PM
Finally some news! Thank you for responding. I was shocked to see an update. Please continue to keep us in the loop.

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Mar 2, 12 10:35 AM
ok... I will wait... but my brain is turning to mush in the meantime.. .I need a challenge!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Mar 4, 12 9:06 AM
dinsb wrote:
vingilot wrote:Thank you, Cimarron, for the update. It's been a long wait and looks to be longer. I think we should get MCF badges *and* a Charles doll for waiting so long.

Adding my thanks as well, Cimarron, although the nit-picky side of me wishes you'd posted this info in the Mac forum (thanks to shorenuf for doing so -- would never have seen it otherwise).

I agree with vingilot that an MCF badge for patience would be appropriate (and appreciated), but would go even further: how about allowing us to purchase the eventually released (fins crossed) CE edition at the Christmas sale price as the PC fishies could? Seems only fair.

Because MCF 8 wasn't part of the CE sale.

LaComtesse
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by LaComtesse on Mar 6, 12 10:00 PM
Please say there is at least a tentative "working" date?

And here's my silly "I don't really understand computer's" question: If this so called platform is rebuilt, does that mean going forward we (Mac users) will have the same release date as the PC for future MCF games?

And if the game is very, very (ok to late for that, I should save EVEN LATER), well then will we get 2 games this Holiday? (It seems they usually come out at Thanksgiving?!)

(sigh)

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Mar 11, 12 7:51 PM
shorenuf wrote:Well, I've changed too. I like to play games, BFG sells games at the best price, I will buy them here. But loyalty and respect have nothing to do with it anymore.

Amen!! And I agree with the entirety of your post.

It's gotten to the point that, sadly, I've gotten used to being treated like a second-class citizen here at BFG strictly because I have a Mac.

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Mar 11, 12 8:00 PM
bfgCimarron wrote:
However building the new engine for Mac, I'm sorry to say took longer to build than was anticipated

So, let's hope this is because you're building it so it can run on Lion. I'm ready to upgrade but don't want to lose the ability to indulge in my addiction of choice: BFG games.

tookyfes
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tookyfes on Mar 12, 12 12:20 PM
The only games that don't work on Lion are the ones that are dated before Apple's transition to Intel. The only game that I have that doesn't work is Zuma, cause that is way old. Everything else works fine.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 12, 12 1:12 PM
tookyfes wrote:The only games that don't work on Lion are the ones that are dated before Apple's transition to Intel. The only game that I have that doesn't work is Zuma, cause that is way old. Everything else works fine.

Hi tookyfes --this is the kind of news we would love to hear in the BFG Mac Gamers forum. Find it under the Forums Tab. Please join in our discussions there as well!

carolinachick220 -- you too!!

Edited on 03/12/2012 at 1:16:50 PM PST

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Mar 13, 12 4:11 PM
tookyfes wrote:The only games that don't work on Lion are the ones that are dated before Apple's transition to Intel. The only game that I have that doesn't work is Zuma, cause that is way old. Everything else works fine.

So when was Apple's transition to Intel? I just got my iMac in 2010 and some of my games are old. I just don't want to lose my "investment".

I wish there was a list of BFG games that don't work on Lion. I also wish MCF 8 would be released on Mac platform. What a dreamer I've become…

tookyfes
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tookyfes on Mar 15, 12 12:06 PM
carolinachick220 wrote:

So when was Apple's transition to Intel? I just got my iMac in 2010 and some of my games are old. I just don't want to lose my "investment".

I wish there was a list of BFG games that don't work on Lion. I also wish MCF 8 would be released on Mac platform. What a dreamer I've become…

They switched between 2006/2007. Also keep in mind that a lot of apps/games have been updated to take that into account. the best thing to do is to go the the store page for the games you have and see if they would work according to the minimum system requirements.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 15, 12 10:56 PM
carolinachick220 wrote:

Please come over to and join in at the BFG Mac Gamers Forum. We have threads dedicated to LION. games as they get updated, what older games others have found work or not and many more helpful Mac discussions.

tookyfes
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tookyfes on Mar 20, 12 7:03 AM
shorenuf wrote:
carolinachick220 wrote:

Please come over to and join in at the BFG Mac Gamers Forum. We have threads dedicated to LION. games as they get updated, what older games others have found work or not and many more helpful Mac discussions.

Link?

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 20, 12 10:07 AM
tookyfes wrote:
shorenuf wrote:
carolinachick220 wrote:

Link?

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/2158.page

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Mar 23, 12 8:39 PM
Well, it's been four months today since MCF8 came out.

Still waiting.

But remember, we're their number 1 priority.

Edited on 03/23/2012 at 8:40:17 PM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 24, 12 1:52 AM
vingilot wrote:Well, it's been four months today since MCF8 came out.

Still waiting.

But remember, we're their number 1 priority.

Well -- their top priority. Unfortunately I think they also have the categories over the top, and at the apex.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 24, 12 6:52 PM
The game is already mostly ruined for me. Half the fun with MCF7 was participating in the forums after I played. Nobody will be there/here anymore by the time we get this danged thing. I may just skip it altogether. Grrr.

BTW, it's been over a month since the last update. I can't believe I'm even saying this...but is it to much to ask for a MONTHLY update?

Edited on 03/24/2012 at 6:59:07 PM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 24, 12 8:49 PM
WilJul wrote:The game is already mostly ruined for me. Half the fun with MCF7 was participating in the forums after I played. Nobody will be there/here anymore by the time we get this danged thing. I may just skip it altogether. Grrr.

BTW, it's been over a month since the last update. I can't believe I'm even saying this...but is it to much to ask for a MONTHLY update?

Well -- I imagine some (many? most?) of us will succumb. Surely we all will demo the thing. And I'm sure we won't mince any words in our critiques. All that should be fun to share.

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Mar 25, 12 12:55 PM
It gets me that BFG can come out with all these SE's that we recently had the CE's for so fast and we can't get this game in either CE or SE. What happened to Top Prioity. I don't think we have ever waited this long for a MCF game.

Go to: