hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Group play for Hotel - all are welcome!

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 19, 12 11:43 AM
amj0963: you definitely have the right tool in your inventory. Think fishing.

Congratulations to all finishers, of which I am one!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 19, 12 11:47 AM
Really? I could have sworn that the right hand corner where I started from fit the shadow perfectly ... perhaps I need some new ... wait a minute, oh dear these are my old glasses, I thought they felt comfortable

Off to try again wearing the latest ... thank you CfG and MrRuss

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 19, 12 12:10 PM
@Mr_Russ - I would be inclined to blame my new monitor too but it does it on both my old one and new one (got them both hooked up both the PCs). I'm wondering if it maybe is a graphics card issue like CfG mentioned, as I know that we both have similar NVidia graphics cards. Never mind, I have solved the puzzle so I'm not that bothered TBH!

Congrats on finishing the game yve501 and CfG!
Hope to see you in a future group play sometime yve and I know you'll be there CfG!

@CfG - LOL I didn't know if you would know Dlck Emery, but yeah there will be plenty of google hits, including clips on yoo tube. He was before my time to be honest! Oh and I got round the auto censor by using a lowercase L.

@amj - **Don't worry about the stone slab for now, you haven't got that far just yet. You need to concentrate on the something that's stuck by the fountain. You have what you need in your inventory already. ** Hope that helps, if not just shout.

@CfG, Mr_Russ &cherb - ** yep, I also made the map upside down at first too!! **

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 19, 12 12:18 PM

I'm enjoying this game and am thinking I need to pick up Sinking Island. ??
Interesting choice. Benoit Sokal - Syberia I and II, Paradise, Sinking Island, Nikopol: secrets of the immortals. Learning how to use the PDA at the beginning may give you fits. Definitely not easy and not particularly well liked.

Thanks for the input Mr_Russ. I was hoping you'd fill me in on that. I have the two Siberias, but haven't played them as yet and will put the others on my to-buy list.

cherb and CFG...I had the same problem with those pieces. It worked the second time I tried.

BTW...I finished...great game and good story.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 19, 12 1:25 PM
Popla, I have an nvidia card and no issues. You could adjust colour / contrast / gamma from the card's control panel though. Right-click on your desktop and select settings or nvidia control panel.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 1:26:24 PM PST

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 19, 12 2:28 PM
popla27 wrote:Just a quick question regarding the planets puzzle[/color].. Are the marbles in colour for you guys? Mine were varying shades of green and orangey/gold and not in a way that was useful. I have solved it so it doesn't matter, I'm just curious.

Popla27, My colors didn't show up correctly on my monitor either. I used (spoiler)the rings on the planet map to line my marbles up. It worked like a charm since the marble on ring one will only stay on ring one and so on through ring 5.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 2:31:11 PM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 19, 12 2:39 PM
Isn't it wonderful when you look at things the right way up

FYI ... I am now at the entrance to the labyrinth and Biggi won't use the compass or even tie the rope round the broken pillar so she won't get lost (stupid girl I would have thought that was an obvious thing to do ). Anyway I am too tired to guide her now so she can stay there all night getting more depressed and then maybe she will be more co-operative tomorrow ... that is if my arm is up to playing after another day scrubbing .

Is it giving my age away to say I remember Dlck Emery

Popla ... hope you get your problem sorted sweetie.
My colours were fine in the bag but I had to rely on the words when doing the puzzle as they looked like two completely different sets of marbles.

Congrats ... Mr Russ, Dialogue, CfG, Yve, Hazelize & Marianne

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Feb 19, 12 2:42 PM
The marbles on my planet map were vividly colored; but then I left the closeup to reset the puzzle, and going back in, everything was then very flat colored! It was like the lights had gone out.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 19, 12 3:08 PM
It seems I was in good company with the colours being messed up! I was just curious really. I have a feeling on a previous play mine did the same as yours alvertis. Yeah I used the same method Dialogue. I also noticed that at first they were labelled but after looking in my inventory the labels for the colours were gone too!! Ahh well it all adds to the fun!

Congrats on finishing the game marianne!

I'm signing off for tonight! Will probably finish it off tomorrow. Catch you all later

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 19, 12 3:12 PM
alvertis...my marbles in the bag were brightly colored, but on the board they were flat. However, when my mouse was on them, I was told what color they were.

cherb...you are soooo funny. I'm laughing at your comments. I tried the same things you do...made sense to me, too !

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 19, 12 6:13 PM
cherb, you need to borrow something.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 20, 12 12:15 AM

Mr_Russ wrote:cherb, you need to borrow something.

Hmm food for thought ... thanks for that , hope to go find out what later when I have done more scrubbing.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 20, 12 5:16 AM
cherbtoo wrote:

Mr_Russ wrote:cherb, you need to borrow something.

Hmm food for thought ... thanks for that , hope to go find out what later when I have done more scrubbing.

cherb Look for a historical artifact of glory and valor.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 20, 12 6:11 AM
@marianne Good hint!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 20, 12 6:13 AM
Congratulations to Everyone who has finished the game! Well Done!

Is everyone who's still playing the game enjoying it as much as myself? I really like this game. Very intriguing. I am so surprised how many have finished it so far. RL gets in the way for me. But I'm sure loving this one. For everyone still playing...see you in the "Hotel".

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 20, 12 6:20 AM
Catfish_girl wrote:@marianne Good hint!
Note that it's on a trigger. Some talking is in order first.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 20, 12 6:30 AM
Thanks to everyone's help I have finally got the planets aligned. I am now in the graveyard. I have lit the candles and placed the stones and the memento on the altar but now not sure what to do. I moved the light around the entire room hoping for her to make a comment or something to happen.

I am enjoying this game more than Scratches. Maybe it is because it is not 360.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 20, 12 6:46 AM
govols2, ** all five stones? If so, it's possible that two are misplaced.The light should pass through the lion and light up a symbol carved into a flagstone. **

Edited on 02/20/2012 at 7:06:26 AM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 20, 12 6:46 AM
Mr, Russ, there is a light and an arrow thing to move it around. I tried moving it everywhere. Even moved it on the window and the hole in the wall then go outside to see if it shines anywhere. Of course it is daylight and that was useless but I never know in these adventure games what will work and what won't.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 20, 12 6:48 AM
I think I've answered you in my edit above, which I've updated.

Edited on 02/20/2012 at 7:08:07 AM PST

Go to: