jazzbuster
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by jazzbuster on Nov 26, 14 1:22 AM
I've played this game on my HP Pavilion 20 with WIN 8 point something.
Today, it won't show me the cursor. It's there and works if you can find where it is and click on what's highlighted by it, but it's just too weird.
I notice that in Options HD is checked. Since I have been playing this game on this machine, same conditions, I don't know if that was the same or not.
I just want to be able to see my cursor pointer. I don't care if it's just an arrow, anything I can see would work for me. It's like operating in the dark, so to speak.
Since this happens as soon as I call up the game (starting today, that is), I can't change anything that is set.

1. How do I let's say set the game options back to factory?
2. change the settings with a blind cursor?
3. Should I just shut the machine down and restart and see what happens?
4. If I want to try to re-install, should I completely uninstall the game first?

5. etc.

Thanks.
kt

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 26, 14 5:32 PM
Hi jazzbuster,

I'm sorry to hear that there's been some trouble with the cursor in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ even though you've been playing it on the same computer for some time. Even though this may be the case, a setting or another program may have changed and could be affecting the game's performance.

Since I'm unable to provide in-depth assistance in the Forums, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. I also encourage any others who are experiencing ongoing issues with the game to do likewise. Our Reps are always glad to help.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by jojomo443 on Mar 4, 15 10:27 AM
Using walk through when I get stuck.
At the cottage, when I used the rope on the pulley and it lifted the pile of scrap metal, there is no metal chain for me to pick up. It is not in my inventory either.
I went back over all the steps to this point, and don't believe I missed anything?
I closed the game, then opened it again, but the chain is still nowhere to be found.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Mar 6, 15 12:37 AM
I started playing the demo, and then the game stopped, and I got told the demo had finished, and my trial had expired, I'd only just started the game, I'm gutted, I was going to buy it. I use Windows 8.1, and Google Chrome

[Post New]by Missyleo103 on Mar 25, 15 1:14 PM
My issue is a rather annoying one. It'll start up, but the window will minimize and it won't let me maximize it. It worked when I first installed it, and then I moved the shortcut into a folder I have, where I have other games. Everything is up to date too, so I don't know what it can be. I just did a check on the system requirements as well. I run a "CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs) ~2.40GHz" and everything else matches, so what's going on?

Edited on 03/25/2015 at 1:28:17 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 25, 15 3:03 PM
Hi j62janet and Missyleo103,

I'm so sorry to hear that there are certain issues with this particular game. I definitely know how frustrating this can be.

Since it looks like troubleshooting steps are needed, I recommend to contact our Technical Support Team. They can better offer steps to get things up and running.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by bittyfish on Apr 30, 15 10:39 AM
I'm stuck in Dalimar's House. There is supposed to be hidden compartment I'm guessing next to the bookshelf at the entrance. I cannot access that area. Every time I click where it should open, the bookshelf always opens. I can't go any further., and I'd really like to!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 30, 15 2:15 PM
Hi bittyfish,

It sounds like there is some trouble accessing a hidden compartment in this particular game. I'm sorry to hear about that.

Please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can definitely help offer troubleshooting steps.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Dchristd on Jun 6, 15 3:53 AM
SeverineSnape wrote:
djk1987 wrote:i cant get past putting the second letter in the box at the hospital to go into the birthing room.....HELP!!! SO FRUSTRATING!!1
This is triggered by opening the locked fridge in the morgue so that you can't enter a code before you completed all the actions to find the code.

To open the locked fridge you need a 4-digit code, which you can find inside the speaker outside the hospital. Once the fridge is open you can read the 5 toe tags and get your access code for the maternity suite.

[Post New]by Tinapea on Jun 13, 15 9:58 AM
I put the blood sweat and tears in the Becker and it blew up. How do I get it to put in the vent.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jun 15, 15 1:21 AM
Tinapea wrote:I put the blood sweat and tears in the Becker and it blew up. How do I get it to put in the vent.
If you've removed the grate from the vent, you should be able to just put the beaker in the vent.

Go to: