SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Walkthrough for Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ available!

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 11, 13 2:57 PM
KWSTAS1979 wrote:Thank you Severine.i start again the game and
The problem was fixed...
Glad to hear it! Just a bit annoying you had to start over completely to fix the problem

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Jul 15, 13 4:02 PM
I have created the sleeping gas, opened the vent in the common room and put the gas in there. I believe that I've done all I need to do to this point, but the game will not allow me to take the Asylum stairs to the right. The cursor changes to an arrow in that direction but clicking does not move me to the new ward, and there is no message from the game to tell me why. Do I need a disguise? A gas mask? Some esoteric thing else?

...Okay, I deleted all the profiles and started over with a new one. This time, I followed the walkthrough exactly (I had not done things in the same order earlier). The same thing happened - can't go up stairs to the right. I get the arrow but clicking on it results in the sound of footsteps and no scene change. The sleeping gas in is the opened vent in the community room and as far as I can tell from the walkthrough, that should trigger opening the right-hand stairs.

This is the first time I've played this game since it came out - originally I did get up those stairs! HELP!

It's been two weeks since I posted this - not even BF has any ideas?

Okay, so I deleted and re-downloaded the game. Now it won't load. Guess I'll try that again, although it's a pain because the game is so big (I mean, that's gratifying in terms of playing it, but waiting for the download...yawn!)

Edited on 08/04/2013 at 4:02:30 PM PST

[Post New]by 4gramy on Nov 20, 13 3:56 PM
holiday50 wrote:have tried to open door of lighthouse with metal bar but it doesn't work please help

[Post New]by 4gramy on Nov 20, 13 6:28 PM
holiday50 wrote:have tried to open door of lighthouse with metal bar but it doesn't work please help

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 21, 13 2:19 PM
4gramy wrote:
You're at the wrong door. The lighthouse door doesn't open with the metal bar, but you need to go to the cottage to the right of the bridge.

[Post New]by 4gramy on Nov 21, 13 4:15 PM
madmandy wrote:where did you find the fuse? i cant find it

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 23, 13 12:53 AM
4gramy wrote:
The answer is two posts down from the one you copied.

[Post New]by colashtrev on Apr 28, 14 3:39 PM
Where do i get help to get the bar/lever to open wood stove ?? In the beginning??

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 30, 14 2:53 AM
colashtrev wrote:Where do i get help to get the bar/lever to open wood stove ?? In the beginning??
One of the bars of the fence to the right of the path to the bridge is loose. Keep wiggling it until it breaks off.

maxey123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by maxey123 on Jun 6, 14 5:01 AM
SeverineSnape wrote:
Try the car - bring a bucket of water and a rag.

I am playing on an iPad. I can't click on the middle tombstone nor will the rag open the hood. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by PEPSI2014 on Sep 19, 14 11:15 AM
CAN SOME ONE HELP ME I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SHIFED THE ARROWS IN THE LIGHT PLEASE HELP

[Post New]by Nicolef_1234 on Oct 2, 14 1:29 PM
I need help, I am stuck at the DNA machine. I have my code, 547. But I can't get the dials to land on the 4 or the 7. The closest i can get is 5,5,10. Any suggestions?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Oct 3, 14 12:10 AM
Nicolef_1234 wrote:I need help, I am stuck at the DNA machine. I have my code, 547. But I can't get the dials to land on the 4 or the 7. The closest i can get is 5,5,10. Any suggestions?
Sounds like you're treating the numbers like minutes on the clock, not like hours. So you're landing on 1, 1, 2. Divide the sliders on the machine into 12 with 1 at the top and 12 at the bottom.

[Post New]by missruth13 on Mar 21, 15 11:27 AM
What the heck?! I get all the way to the end, and nothing happens?! I set all the dials expecting to see the contraption explode, and all the people freed, and nothing happens. I check the walkthrough and it says, basically "set the dials, ok you're done. Congratulations." Where is the climax? Where is the finale? Why does nothing happen? I reset the dials 3 times to be sure I wasn't doing something wrong, but even the walkthrough just says that's it, it doesn't say anything is even SUPPOSED to happen.

After all that work, and some clues were so vague, and other things there was no way you'd think to do them without checking the walkthrough, (I like harder puzzles but not when you are expected to do something with no direction or idea of even the fact that it needs to be done never mind how to go about it, as in a few of the steps here), and then, nothing happens at the end. Even the fake mother got blown up, you'd think the machine would at least explode at the end. What fun is there in defeating a villain if you don't see his defeat or the rewards of winning? Big disappointment after all that work.

Go to: