Re:Reviews for House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jan 1, 12 4:13 AM
Hi, Catfish.

I'm glad you got both those games for the SE price and that you enjoyed them. Good for you.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jan 1, 12 8:16 AM
Outstanding game, just finished up! I am so glad i coulf riunate so many lost lovers hearths, I wish I could do the same for myself, though I am not very fond of spiritism in that way, but I belive God's love can do that, if it's meant to be, so rejoice to all others too having the same afflictions. Happy new year to all true lovers and to BFG.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 1, 12 10:28 AM
No, I do not think BFG would flat out fib about such a thing as several of their games never made it very high on the d/l list

Well, since 13th Skull was released Thanksgiving 2010 & BFGs own criteria for making the list states it's drawn from the 1st 7 days of sales & none of those occurred in 2011 for 13th Skull, draw your own conclusions about the fibs.

There is ALOT of running around, I mean ALOT.

That's why the map feature, which actually takes you where you want to go sans running, was a fab addition to this game.

Of course you know there are not 1000 doors

Did you count the ones that disappeared when clicked upon?

There will be 1000 doors when they get thru making a few sequels.

It's especially grating to hear these "children" deliver dialogue that most adults would have trouble with.

But Sammy's a genius. So it wasn't out of character. Tho I did find it odd that the devs expected us to buy that a young child could give consent to spend eternity in the house.

Would be interested to hear from the two ppl who took 7 hours to finish, as I couldn't see the remaining chapters being over an hour long each.

They get longer. Took me about 6 hrs to finish & I'm not pokey.

When I play I often do not use the book that records observations etc, but I did not notice one when I did open it on occasion

There's a tab that says *Map* in the Journal. I actually didn't notice it, either, until a cpl hrs into the game.

I would like more adventure/puzzle and less Hidden O please.

I'd like the opposite.

I personally don't mind, but a word of caution to some players, some of deaths portrayed in the game are pretty yuchy!!

I thought they were creative. It wasn't the deaths themselves, but what happened to the corpses after.

And if you hate HOS, as I do, that's a real nightmare.

Then why play HOGs at all?

aside for the uniqueness of this house appearing out of nowhere, it's the same old plot as 100 other games.

I disagree. It's really creepy love stories. Even Ravenhearst has got nothin' on this game.

The only thing I disliked, & it almost made me not want to continue at all, was at the very beginning where Kate's *action scenes* were enacted by an ugly jerking Poser wannabe. I so hate those. Can devs bookmark a site of baby names, b/c every other game has a Kate!

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jan 1, 12 3:43 PM
Yeah for Dominick_Fontana!! THANK YOU for describing HOS the best I ever heard. Your description for the HOS in this game was pricless!! Even tho I really did enjoy the game, I HATE the HOS in any game. Unfortunately, the adventure games I play include them. Oh well, thanks again!!

feenix

saram50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by saram50 on Jan 1, 12 7:14 PM
I enjoyed the game. I dont care about music or voiceovers, I usually have the sound muted when I play. I am not bothered by occult themes, after all it is only in good fun!

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jan 1, 12 8:43 PM
A pretty decent game...the length was nice too....bonus content was a good length as well. I do recommend this game...enjoyed the storyline too

[Post New]by GeckoFriend on Jan 1, 12 9:33 PM
I played this game today and really liked it. One of the few CE's I own (bought on sale of course).

I play hidden object games because I like to look for hidden objects. This game had enough hidden object scenes to satisfy but still had interesting puzzles.

Interactive map was very helpful both to move around and know where to go.

I didn't find anywhere near all the beyond objects so plan to play again and focus on them.

I don't mind occult themes, as long as I'm playing as the good guy.

Enjoyable game to start 2012.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jan 2, 12 1:46 AM
Hi, scarlet (O'Hara):
Then why play HOGs at all?

Stay tuned for the new Fontana Theory for an answer to that question. Also, many people here play the games and dislike the HOS, especially when they are a real pain, as they were in this game.

Hi, feenix:

Thanks, I'm glad you liked my description of the HOS. That's pretty much how they were in this game. haha

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 1:50:06 AM PST

[Post New]by dizzielizzie on Jan 2, 12 8:41 AM
I absolutely loved this game. I am an older player and it was right up my alley. The music was beautiful and the interactive map sent me whereever I need to go. I also thought the story line was pretty good and it made perfect sense to me. So this is a 5 star game for m.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 2, 12 10:59 AM
Stay tuned for the new Fontana Theory for an answer to that question.
I shall await the ans w/ bated breath

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jan 2, 12 6:58 PM
I amsure glad I bought & pllayed this before looking at this forum. So many negative remarks but glad to to see the positive. My opinion this is not a occult them. It is clever how they are using a house & many doors to enter the different worlds. If you enjoy the game then just sit back and enjoy.

5 Stars--- I like most of the CE games.

Hope there is a sequel to this!

[Post New]by SacredLites on Jan 2, 12 8:16 PM
I attempted this the first day it came out on BFG but was uninterested and only played about 15 minutes and uninstalled and went back to playing Royel Envoy 2 which is excellent! I decided to give this game another chance today and fell in love with it so my suggestion to some folks is that you might need to walk away from a game some times and try it at a later date before you give it a full judging; you may not be "in the mood" at the time. I thoroughly enjoyed this game, story line and all. The graphics were very good, I really enjoyed being able to us the map to be able to jump to an active scene instead of walking to get there, nice feature! I didn't use any hints or the strategy guide and it took me all day long to play...between making a nice big dinner, dishes and watching a few concerts on t.v. The "ghosts" talking were all about clearing their names for future generations nother goulish at all, I didn't encounter any evil monsters lurking about like many of the other HOG I've played in the recent past. Enjoy gaming folks and let others share their opinions without being snippity at one another because they don't have the same one as yours may be.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jan 2, 12 8:33 PM
Hi, scarlet!

The new Fontana Theory shall be forthcoming this week. I'll post it in the Chit-Chat Corner.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Jan 3, 12 11:54 AM
I really liked the game...music not too intrusive. Good graphics. Not sure about buying CE...may wait for SE...but a definite wish list game.

kerchers
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Reviews for House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition

[Post New]by kerchers on Jan 6, 12 5:00 AM
bfgRhone wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition page <a href="http://bigfi.sh/tKDhhr">here</a>.

Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/185833.page>this</a> forum post and our help article <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1872">Big Fish Game Reviews</a> for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/192069.page>here</a>.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

kerchers
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kerchers on Jan 6, 12 5:18 AM
GREAT GAME I brought the CE verison which I don't normaly do.Have played the game,could not tear myself from it,the mini games were good and I did all of them,didn't use the skip button once but was nice to know that it was there if needed.The HOG were good and it was nice to have to find some harder iterms.The map came in handy to know where next to go,some of the iterms you get are not used for some time.The extra chapter you get with the CE was great it kept the game going.I didn't want it to stop,was sad when I knew I had reached the end.I didn't play all the demo,just knew I had to have the game.Over the last few month's I had collected a few game credits,so used two of these to buy game.I know have 2 more CE games to play will let you know how I get on.HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL BFG PLAYERS playing.

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Jan 6, 12 8:05 AM
Have just completed the game and bonus chapter and really enjoyed it.Great graphics,story and puzzle/HOG scenes but do agree the music was nothing special and turned off after a while as it started to annoy me.Another great game from this developer who keep pushing the boundries in graphics and gameplay and worthy of its number 1 placing in the chart.

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Jan 7, 12 11:44 AM
Does not sound like a very good game, think I will pass
Thanks for the reviews

[Post New]by betsnjeffsgram on Jan 8, 12 3:09 PM
One of the best games I have played on BF. I can't wait for the next epiisode

[Post New]by capricorncg on Jan 9, 12 5:39 PM
am trying demo, how do u find the puzzle piece to get the door knocker out of mailbox?

Go to: