MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:TGT - Coyote`s Tale: Fire and Water

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jan 30, 09 12:11 AM
TGT looks more like a TM one so you might just as well shell out for a HOG. Come on, you can do it.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jan 30, 09 12:15 AM
LOL poodle!!
feel the same way!!

frenetic = no way!!!!!

chimenesryan
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by chimenesryan on Jan 30, 09 12:27 AM
Lol but the new tgt shop n spree is listed as an HO
so maybe frenetically finding lost shopping items?

ugh i just need chocolatier 3 lol

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 30, 09 12:28 AM
shadowdiana wrote:LOL poodle!!
feel the same way!!

frenetic = no way!!!!!

Frenetic = big bowl of spiders... run away run away!!!!

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Jan 30, 09 1:02 AM
I also didn't like the colors of the different levels. It made it difficult to discern images, such as the hieroglyphics on the stone wall. Guess I am just spoiled by other games with fantastic graphics and well-defined objects. Happy BFGaming y'all!
M

[Post New]by patecatl_eq on Jan 30, 09 5:50 AM
MoreOver wrote:Coyote is a sly dog. He gets River to help him move and then goes take a nap while she's doing the hard labor. Tsk, tsk. Just like a man, eh?

And then he seems surprised when she decides to dump his stuff into the lake.

What I really like about Coyote's stories is how he's always trying to brag or talk bad about someone else, but he's clearly the one in the wrong. He's such a clueless pup sometimes.

Even so, despite his selfishness and ego there are real reasons why the Coyote character is considered a hero. But he's a hero is his own unique style.

mmaiden42
Stingray
Stingray
5,767 Posts

[Post New]by mmaiden42 on Jan 30, 09 5:56 AM
Any word on why it lags between screens???

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Jan 30, 09 6:03 AM
Don´t play the game at last. Tried it and as mmaiden says it lags between the real game scenes and throw me out several times..

[Post New]by patecatl_eq on Jan 30, 09 6:04 AM
mmaiden42 wrote:Any word on why it lags between screens???

I'm not sure why some people are encountering this problem. If you are please bring it to the attention of the BigFish customer support. So far, it seems to be affecting a very small percentage of people, but we'd like to get everyone enjoying the game asap.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/help

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

Horrible game

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jan 30, 09 3:51 PM
I downloaded the free trial and thought this was the worst game ever. it was slow, it hesitated between changing scenes, the puzzles were way too easy and the dialogue was juvenile. Good graphics but not enough good in it for me to enjoy it.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 30, 09 6:07 PM
For those having glitchy delays - after I bought the game last night I started having some issues with lag. I did a full shut down of my system, not just a restart, and it worked fine afterwords. Not sure if this will work for you but worth a shot. Interestingly when I was doing the shut down a "this program is running end now?" thingy came up with a file that had an incredibly long name that had BigFish and DRM in it, so maybe some issue there?

I liked the game more last night than when I demo-ed when I had much more mixed feelings. Not sure how much of my new more positive feelings are based on the Developer stopping by. That certainly made the purchase more likely. BUT that being said, I did like it more next go.

Edited on 01/30/2009 at 6:11:21 PM PST

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jan 30, 09 6:19 PM
I enjoyed it; bought it

At first, it seemed to be too easy....but it more difficult as the demo moved on. No problems with cursor, etc.
Lovely graphics, enjoyed the soundtrack. I did skip the story in the interest of checking out play in the demo mode, but will listen to it on real play.

Low on replay value....same items, same places on the second go round.

Loved that it had relaxed mode..Thanks! Would not have bought it otherwise
Nice diversity in mini games.
I look forward to getting into the story next go around

mmaiden42
Stingray
Stingray
5,767 Posts

[Post New]by mmaiden42 on Jan 30, 09 6:50 PM
I ended up buying it anyway. I haven't opened it since I purchased it but will try the cold boot on the puter. If that doesn't work I will just wait to see if they come up with a fix, if they don't I will just have to suffer with the lagtime. I really liked the lizard or croc or whatever it was with no lower jaw, who couldn't speak properly. Don't know why. I am crossing my fin-gers that it will run good for me the second time around. Deleted the demo and downloaded the whole thing again. Wishful thinking??? Wish me luck!

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jan 30, 09 6:52 PM
Good Luck mmaiden !!

wellcrap
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by wellcrap on Jan 30, 09 7:26 PM
Nope. No luck on the whole reboot thing. I deleted it, shut down. Downloaded again. The only difference is that the pixels at the bottom are more colorful. And I can't close the file without shutting down.

prose_2
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by prose_2 on Jan 30, 09 8:24 PM
I finished the game and I was a little disappointed. The mini games got easier instead of harder. The game lasted a long time but they had you looking for the same objects in the same places. Still not sorry I purchased the game but it kind of sizzled out in the end.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jan 31, 09 5:41 AM
Well, Matt, if you're still here...
Is this your first foray into casual games? If not, what other ones should we look for?

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jan 31, 09 6:01 AM
MoreOver wrote:I played the demo in time mode the last night all the way through the 60 minutes. Didn't buy it then because I wanted to see how all the little fishes felt about it first. After reading the last six pages I decided that I was going to buy it anyway.

So tonight I played the relaxed mode and finished it in about 5 hours. Factor in potty breaks and a trip or two to the frig for cold water.

Did you play both sisters in 5 hours or only one. This is inching it's way toward my BUY NOW list...

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Jan 31, 09 6:19 AM
Tried this on relaxed mode and thought game just ok. Not being able to skip dialog was off putting,like to skip if possible on trial to do more of game. Graphics were good with just enough hiding of objects; image or list chose was good. I didn't think the explanations on mini games were good or for inventory items. Uninstalled after trial.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jan 31, 09 7:14 AM
I don't get where you are not able to skip dialog...I skipped it all when I played the demo.
Could there be a problem with your game?

Go to: