Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by senora58 on Aug 5, 12 12:34 PM
I, too, am getting an access violation, but my game stops when I try to enter a different location at the very beginning of the game after I have combined the locket pieces. I tried every suggestion bfg had, but nothing worked. Have uninstalled and reinstalled this game three times... I know it is not my computer or video card because I don't have any trouble with any other games. I purchased this game and was only able to play for a few minutes...very frustrating! Contacted tech support, but haven't heard anything yet.

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Aug 5, 12 12:51 PM
I was playing the game, still pretty close to the beginning - by the gate, & the cursor started freezing up. It wouldn't move at all, then it would move a little bit, then stop again. Then all of a sudden I had a blank/black screen. Then a box came up with the following in it: 'Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog.' I couldn't even close it...then finally a different box with a red X on the left side of it, and 'Failure - Security Options '. I could not shut down my computer the normal way. I had to shut it down by the power button. After rebooting, I uninstalled the game & re-installed it, and I thought it was going to start acting the same way, but luckily it didn't. I don't know what would have caused the problem, but I'm just glad it's working ok now. I bought the game as I really like it. I just wish the Hint would Show you which Direction to go in, instead of there's nothing to do her or search elsewhere. I really don't like having to run around to different places to see where I need to be, but guess I'll just have to use the guide to try to help, or possibly any forum threads.

idbeek
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by idbeek on Aug 5, 12 4:19 PM
Add one more ffishy having problems at the judge's house...first time was major game freeze, and had to do a hard shut-down. Second attempt game me the access violation and it closed the program. I'm sure they'll have an update soon so I will wait. I enjoy the Redemption Cemetary games. Too bad this one has a glitch.

squirdle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by squirdle on Aug 5, 12 6:59 PM
kherrick12 wrote:Am getting an access violation when I try to enter the upstairs room at the Judge's House. What is wrong?

same thing is happening to me as well.

DontPOP
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by DontPOP on Aug 5, 12 7:27 PM
I am having the same problem as Kherrick12. I can saw the lock on the upstairs room in the Judge's home, but then nothing. The first time I got an error code. Now, nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I made sure my graphics card was updated. I made sure I had the correct version of Adobe Flashplayer. I have uninstalled 3 times. Nothing seems to work. I purchased this game. Please get it fixed. It seems to be a great game.

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Aug 5, 12 7:33 PM
No word on a fix yet? I am awaiting the Surfaces: The Noise She Couldn't Make fix and do not want to buy again until I KNOW fer shure that the game is gonna work. Tick Tock!

[Post New]by brandie927 on Aug 5, 12 8:11 PM
any word on when we will have a fix! It sounds like to me most people are freezing at the same spot I am, going into the judges office! i sure hope they get this fixed soon

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Aug 5, 12 8:58 PM
Bottom line...This game is a MEMORY HOG and if you ain't got enough RAM AND dedicated VCM & if it doesn't allocate correctly....it ain't gonna play!

Sorry, but it played smooth as silk for me with adequate RAM & dedicated VCM.

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Aug 6, 12 3:30 AM
I'm having the same problem when you have to click on the crow,the whole lot just freezes.

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on Aug 6, 12 6:39 AM
Carole22759 wrote:Bottom line...This game is a MEMORY HOG and if you ain't got enough RAM AND dedicated VCM & if it doesn't allocate correctly....it ain't gonna play!

Sorry, but it played smooth as silk for me with adequate RAM & dedicated VCM.

HUH?????

Edited on 08/06/2012 at 6:42:36 AM PST

kitwhite
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by kitwhite on Aug 6, 12 7:22 AM
SUCCESS!!!!

After having the same problems as all of you with the "Access Violation" noitice, I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, running Dr. Felix, taking a screen shot and sending all info to Customer Support;' but I've had success on my own in solving the problem for my PC.

I created a new profile and started over.

The game played perfectly. I just finished the Bonus Chapter! Great game!

As big a pain as it is, starting over with a new profile may work for you (and the second time around goes really fast when you know what you're looking for ). I'm running Windows 7, btw.

Hope this helps some of you.

Kit

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 6, 12 9:26 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in here and let you know that our team is still working on getting the freezing issue resolved.

We are also still collecting information about the problem using our Dr. Felix Report. So if you haven't already done so, please think about taking the time to run one and send it in to our Tech Support team.

It's beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations. And the more information we can give the developers about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

You can read more about how to run the Dr. Felix Report and send it in by clicking right here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Aug 6, 12 11:28 AM
I had already sent in my Dr. Felix to Tech Support. I received a reply about what to do, removing any saved data, uninstalling reinstalling, starting over with a new profile, got to the judges door and same thing again. Access violation and thrown out of the game. Off to reply to tech support..this is not a computer problem, it's a game problem, which we already know. Sigh..I want to play this game. I don't want a refund. Just have to wait till they get a fix.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Aug 6, 12 12:28 PM
Another fishy with same violation issue at the Judges door. I uninstalled and re-installed the game. Still got the same violation issue at the Judges door. I don't want to start over, I want the game to play correctly. I will wait for a fix. Please don't take too long. I purchased this game without even testing it because of the previous Redemption Cemetary games. They really are worth the money for collectors edition. Hope you send out a "Fix" soon!!! This is a great game!!!

jkberlin
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jkberlin on Aug 6, 12 3:40 PM
Add me to the list, in Judges house and attempted to go through the second floor door. Game froze, had to control Alt and delete and got the access violation. This is a game error that needs to be fixed by the developer, this is not a computer issue. Same spot for everyone. I sent in a Dr. Felix. I very seldom have issues with games, I think only one time before in all the years.

Growlpaws
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Growlpaws on Aug 6, 12 3:46 PM
The game was working well until I used a saw on a door during the 2nd mission & tried to proceed. The first attempt got an Access Violation message & on the 2nd, the game froze.

[Post New]by beverly276 on Aug 6, 12 5:27 PM
Sinsaint wrote:Add me to the list.I try to enter the upstairs room and the game freezes. Did the uninstall/reinstall and it still freezes.

[Post New]by beverly276 on Aug 6, 12 5:31 PM
I'm having the same problem. Go up stairs to judges chambers goes black and I get the error message that it ca,t read something or other. Installed and reinstalled 3 times. If BFG doesn't get it fixed I too would like my money back. It.s a shame it is a good game

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by jill165x on Aug 6, 12 5:31 PM
After getting access violation errors in the judge's house, I sent in a Dr Felix report. A BF Tech suggested I update my drivers. I have the most current drivers already, unfortunately.

I installed the game on a borrowed computer - one specifically set up to run games and video. There was no AV error in the judge's house, so I was able to continue playing through chapter two.

At the beginning of the third chapter (the hanging man) the game crashed when I tried to enter the portal, and there was an AV error.

I checked the drivers - current. I shut down a couple minor background programs and restarted the game. It let me in the portal and I didn't have any issues for the remainder of the game and bonus level.

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Aug 6, 12 7:03 PM
[b]Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah......

Y'all know it's a glitch in the game so get over it, into it, beside it, and FIX it!!! Not everyone conveniently has the same EXACT problem, at the same EXACT spot and to suggest that it could POSSIBLY be our computer???.....Things that make you go hmmmm. I find it offensive and an insult that you cannot take responsibility that there is indeed a glitch in the game, be real, and say...
"sorry folks, there is an error in programming, but we are working on it diligently to expedite the problem so that you are a satisified customer. We are in no way into corporate greed and would not THINK to take your hard earned money and release an inferior game before it is in playable and tip top condition."
I would respect that response instead of jumping through totally unwarrented hoops.
Yup, I live in the real world too.
Unfortunate.......but true.
And BTW....uh huh, it's the judges door that is the issue. SURPISE!

Go to: