birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

Re:Art of Murder: FBI Confidential group play starting 1st September. All welcome to join

[Post New]by birdie5 on Sep 3, 12 7:22 PM
Congratulations on finishing the game harlequen!!

Re:Art of Murder: FBI Confidential group play starting 1st September. All welcome to join

[Post New]by TideWaters on Sep 3, 12 7:31 PM
GingerGal - There is also a mid-month group play of ND which starts around the 15th and the Carol Reed which starts on the 8th I understand. I don't know who will be playing one or both of these games; however,

No offense, but I'm going to go ahead and start as I will be leaving on or about the 12th or 13th to go to my DD for her and my GS Bthdy and will be gone for 5-7 days. Prior to going, I need to get my house in order, arrange to be gone, and mow 4 acres, so I'll pass on this Group Play. My time playing games will be sporadic at best.

CONRATULATIONS HARLEQUEN - DIDN'T TAKE YOU LONG TO FINISH AND WORKING AS WELL!!!! I know it's the long late hours just to see what's around the corner.

Tide

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 7:38:39 PM PST

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 3, 12 8:16 PM
Thank You Birdie and Tide

Tide, I see that it can be difficult fitting everyone in with all these Group Play

Marianne is also hot to get started on Syberia 2, so if You both like to start it tomorrow, I may join You, anyway I would not get much done before Friday because of work, so when other want to start I'm still there

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 3, 12 9:47 PM
tide - no that's great, same with marianne.

I should be finished by tonight. I just don't know if some people want to play and if they think they could be finished by Thursday or Friday I can wait for them. Harlequen, if you prefer tomorrow, go ahead, I just don't know what everyone's schedule is re others who want to play syberia 2.

Maybe in the future for unofficial group plays we can pencil in unofficially a group play for a week after the official one so everyone can have an idea of a schedule? Just throwing it out. So no one feel rushed to finish it and others aren't waiting around.

CFG - Meant to say it took me ages to get into this game but then by about day 3 or 4 I got into it. Sometimes it's hard to find hotspots and when you have just tried something, try it again even if it's just speaking to someone. Hope you are feeling better.

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 9:51:12 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 4, 12 12:12 AM
I finished.

ending * er I'm really dumb or I might not have been following the plot as closely as I should have but it was the FBI boss who was one of the baddies as at very end he made a comment about it could have been 2 bodies so didn't know if he was trying to play innocent? And his wife was the professor daughter who died on the expedition? As if it wasn't why was he going on about them having to die as they left the girl alone (that's the reason why he did it?) Or am I completely loopy. I wasn't expecting the ending, ( which to me came out of left field when she discovered the hand writing of her boss as raches), as I thought we wouldn't meet Raches so wasn't paying that close attention to plot.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 4, 12 1:18 AM
gingergal, I don't understand your question.
There are several murders across 20 years, not all commited by the same person.
** On the original expedition 20 years before, Raches was in love with the professor's daughter, Alice. There was a difference of opinion over the treasure which meant the party split into two - Warren, Branford etc wanted the treasure for money and left the professor / Raches / Fairbanks / daughter behind, at the mercy of the South American Indians who turned on them, led by Huaqero. The sacrificial knife belonged to Huaqero. We know that from Warren. Huaqero killed Fairbanks (we know that from Chaser) and the South American Indians killed the daughter (we know that from Chaser too). It looks like the professor died of thirst in hiding (from his note).
This brings us to the present day. Harlequen is probably right - the death of Chaser's wife triggered a desire for revenge on the surviving members of the party (except Branford, with the why unanswered. Also unanswered is how of the party left behind, Raches is the only one that escaped).

Edited on 09/04/2012 at 8:06:59 AM PST

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Sep 4, 12 2:32 AM
I just arrived in Cusco, but it's time to get some sleep.

Back on the mean streets, I was wishing Nicole had some quieter shoes for sneaking around. They would be "a very useful thing!"

Very suspicious - Chaser covering the microphone in interrogation. **

"Al-righty then!"

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 4, 12 4:20 AM
Congratulations to Mr_Russ - marianne - TideWaters - harlequen - birdie - gingergal

I'm in day 3 now and having trouble leaving the building, so far I tested the weapon, found the hidden bag and had it tested and found James's key. What now?

I had loads of trouble in day 2 ** looking into James's cell phone and that chair hopping thing frustrated me so much, I looked in a walkthrough for that. **

Thank goodness for double clicking to make her move faster, but I wonder how Ruth likes all the running in the office.

On a side note: I already played Syberia II and know how it ends, so I think I'm going to join the Carol Reed game and play Syberia II at a later date.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 4, 12 6:12 AM
Congratulations Gingergal on finishing

**I already knew that there was something fishy about Chaser when He hold His hand over the Microphone, when He Interrogated Huagero!**

**Blackwell was Raches friend, and first He stayed behind with the Professor, Raches and Daughter, but changed His mind and went with the others, He wasn't spared, just saved for last. What surprises Me is that Warren, who initiated the whole thing was spared**

** Thinking about it, Warren would have been the last victim**

Edited on 09/04/2012 at 7:21:24 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 4, 12 7:53 AM
A HUGE CONGRATS HARLEQUEN AND GINGERGAL

I first suspected Chaser when he *** fired Nicole b/c she was so close to solving the case. *** He was very angry with her....obviously upset.

I posted re Syberia ll over in Adventurous Fish.

Edited on 09/04/2012 at 8:38:29 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 4, 12 7:59 AM
Harlequen, ** Warren being the last victim spares Branford - and that is exactly why Nick asks the question as to why he survives. **

I've got the game saved just before Nicole sets the train in motion, so I can play from the start of the last cut-scenes.

Edited on 09/04/2012 at 8:08:12 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 4, 12 8:14 AM
That's great Mr_Russ. Stusue said that if we started now, we could be finished by Saturday as the game is shorter than the first one. I think she said that it took her about 3 days and she only played evenings. But I'm not a fast player.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 4, 12 8:22 AM
marianne...Could you please cover up your spoiler for **suspecting Chaser ** I am kind of bummed now I know who to suspect.

Edited on 09/04/2012 at 8:41:47 AM PST

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Sep 4, 12 8:32 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS FINISHED

Gutted I have missed playing - reason why is on AV thread, but I really want to play Syberia 2 with you all, so will play this at a later date. Sounds really interesting though.

Good luck to those still playing.

Gmum xx

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Sep 4, 12 8:35 AM
gingergal wrote:tide - no that's great, same with marianne.

I should be finished by tonight. I just don't know if some people want to play and if they think they could be finished by Thursday or Friday I can wait for them. Harlequen, if you prefer tomorrow, go ahead, I just don't know what everyone's schedule is re others who want to play syberia 2.

Maybe in the future for unofficial group plays we can pencil in unofficially a group play for a week after the official one so everyone can have an idea of a schedule? Just throwing it out. So no one feel rushed to finish it and others aren't waiting around.
CFG - Meant to say it took me ages to get into this game but then by about day 3 or 4 I got into it. Sometimes it's hard to find hotspots and when you have just tried something, try it again even if it's just speaking to someone. Hope you are feeling better.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 4, 12 8:40 AM
sunshinej wrote:marianne...Could you please cover up your spoiler for **suspecting Chaser ** I am kind of bummed now I know who to suspect. Thanks

I'm very sorry sunshine. Please accept my apology.

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Sep 4, 12 9:09 AM
Congratulations to all those who have finished.

Well I've just finished day 1 so I'm way behind. I'm finding it really hard to get interested in the game but I want to start Syberia ll on Friday so hopefully that will give me some motivation to plod on

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 4, 12 10:01 AM
Marianne...Apology accepted. No harm done and I still get to see how it all plays out.

I've been guilty of posting spoilers myself without whiteing them out I should not have made such a big deal about it.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 4, 12 12:30 PM
sunshine...Thank you very much for so graciously accepting my apology. I would never offend anyone intentionally, but that does not excuse the fact that I did wrong and spoiled your game. I truly am sorry.

I am playing Syberia ll and enjoying it.

Friday I am having a procedure done called Radio-frequency Neurotomy on the left side of my neck. It's a three step procedure. The first step was done early this morning, second step tomorrow and the final on Friday. Four, foot long hollow needles are inserted into the neck to find exposed nerve endings. They know it when you jump. The second step is another four to find other exposed nerve endings and the final step is 8 needles. You are awake. On the final step, electrodes are put into the needles with antiseptic which kill the nerve endings that have been sending pain signals to the brain.

It's extremely painful. They give you a wee bit of pain-killer, but not much as you have to talk through-out the procedure to continually tell the doctor that your arm hasn't gone numb, you are still able to talk, your head is still there, but hurts, your eyes are working, etc. The drs want to be sure they are not destroying the wrong nerves ! The drs don't want you to move, but it is impossible not to when they hit a nerve. My primary care doctor calls the procedure "barbaric".

The procedure is not permanent. Nerves are not completely killed and do revitalize, for some patients it's 6 mos and for others it's 2 years. I'm one of the lucky ones.

[Post New]by TideWaters on Sep 4, 12 1:32 PM
WOW Marianne and GMum - You do have some real stress going on!!! I hope it works itself out rather quickly. Marianne, I can't even imagine - but my heart goes out to you. I have posted in the Syberia II thread and started in the wee hours of the morning.

GingerGal - Thank you for your understanding and setting everything up for us as I know 4-5 days to wait seems like a short time, but September is one of the few months out of the year when I have scheduling conflicts. Penciling in unofficial group plays seems like a wonderful idea!! Make it a little less confusing.

To all still playing AOM - I had a difficult time getting into it as well, but it certainly grew on me - think some of it had to do with playing Syberia and then beginning this game. However, came to enjoy it very much!!! Looking forward to the sequels.

Tide

Go to: