AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

Re:Serpent of Isis - BF, don't hide your "Aces"!

[Post New]by AnnBy on Feb 27, 09 7:24 PM
Played the demo and really enjoyed it. This one is a definate on my to be purchased list.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 27, 09 7:26 PM
I just finished it. It's a great game. I only had to skip two puzzles -- the slot machine ones because I just could not click in time.

Don't read further if you haven't played yet:

The ending was kind of disappointing. Another sequel we have to wait for!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 27, 09 7:48 PM
Oh, dear. I guess I am the only one here who isn't impressed. I played about half an hour, and just didn't find it that interesting. Certainly not up to all the hype. I am still anxiously awaiting the new Women's Murder Club. Hopefully it will be a winner!

I also hope that BF gets Annabel and Clockwork Man...

Thanian
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Thanian on Feb 27, 09 8:30 PM
Great game! I'm starting over and doing the no time limit mode because I need more time to solve some of the puzzles. I don't want to check the walk through guide because I like the challenge. Just need more time. The time zone clock puzzle is confusing me.

[Post New]by bobbi7660 on Feb 27, 09 8:36 PM
i've read alot of the reply or quote things, boy are some of them crazy. but i guess that's why we all come here for. i love all of the games here. some are really fun and than there are some that make no sence at all. ok with that all out have fun make new friends, and have a great day!

char1132
Manatee
Manatee
4,059 Posts

[Post New]by char1132 on Feb 27, 09 9:56 PM
i must be blind or something i CANNOT find one of the I for the SIRIUS in the walkthrough they messed up and put both of the other one WHICH I HAD NO PROBLEM WITH. HELP PLEASE

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 27, 09 10:40 PM
phatkhat wrote:Oh, dear. I guess I am the only one here who isn't impressed. I played about half an hour, and just didn't find it that interesting. Certainly not up to all the hype. I am still anxiously awaiting the new Women's Murder Club. Hopefully it will be a winner!

I played the new Woman's Murder Club and thought it was boring. In one hour, I finished half the game. One example of an investigation is that she's standing in front of a troop of cadets asking them questions. After she asks the question, you have to look to see which cadet fidgets or clears his throat, then click on him to get an answer. That goes on for about 10 questions. Then that's the end of that investigation. Ugh. The rest weren't much better than that.

sherales
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by sherales on Feb 28, 09 12:25 AM
Hi!

Those of you, who just completed the game - how many chapters are they? Is it replayable kind?

Thanks!

[Post New]by bluebluecow on Feb 28, 09 12:31 AM
Just downlaoding the demo now hope its good

bbc

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Feb 28, 09 1:44 AM
BinLA wrote:
phatkhat wrote:Oh, dear. I guess I am the only one here who isn't impressed. I played about half an hour, and just didn't find it that interesting. Certainly not up to all the hype. I am still anxiously awaiting the new Women's Murder Club. Hopefully it will be a winner!

I played the new Woman's Murder Club and thought it was boring. In one hour, I finished half the game. One example of an investigation is that she's standing in front of a troop of cadets asking them questions. After she asks the question, you have to look to see which cadet fidgets or clears his throat, then click on him to get an answer. That goes on for about 10 questions. Then that's the end of that investigation. Ugh. The rest weren't much better than that.

Same here. I was hoping they would improve the 2nd Women's Murder Club, but they didn't. I think it acutally got worse. I remember the questioning the cadets scene and thought . I think (just from the demo's) that Serpent Of Isis is more to my liking.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 28, 09 1:57 AM
sherales wrote:Hi!

Those of you, who just completed the game - how many chapters are they? Is it replayable kind?

Thanks!

There are 10 chapters, but there are scenes within scenes so it's not just a straight 10 scenes.

It's replayable in that some of the HO objects change, but all of the tasks you need to do, and the special objects you collect, remain the same.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 28, 09 1:59 AM
char1132 wrote:i must be blind or something i CANNOT find one of the I for the SIRIUS in the walkthrough they messed up and put both of the other one WHICH I HAD NO PROBLEM WITH. HELP PLEASE

The I's are:

on the first arch of the bridge, on the right side
on the buiding on the left across the river

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Feb 28, 09 1:59 AM
picman & everyone at BigFishGames, I'm here to tell you that I love you!
This game is amazing! Not RTR but, it's very good & I love it! My husband let me buy it & I hope to play more of it tomorrow.
I love these games the most!! Yummy!

bitojoy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,788 Posts

[Post New]by bitojoy on Feb 28, 09 1:59 AM
I adore this game - when I am not fighting it to let me play it ...
I didn't see this posted so opened a thread asking if its possibly my download of the trial thats the problem.
If anyone reads my thread could you let me know if I got a bad download?? Cause I can't imagine having done all I have on my own without hints why it won't let me "play"...and can find no help on the forum.
This one is a purchase for certain if I can figure out if I need to reinstall it or not !!

Fin hugs to all (and to all a good night-3am my time now).

Hilux
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Hilux on Feb 28, 09 4:27 AM
I am also stuck in my cabin. I found everything, scratched the paper,and nothing happens. I tells me to look deeper but nothing shows. The walk through dosen't say to do anything else. I wiped out the demo version and reloaded from scratch. No joy. Can anyone help

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 28, 09 5:25 AM
You have to keep rubbing the pencil over the note until it tells you that it's going into your inventory. My finger was aching before that happened since it took so long.

There's also a puzzle in a drawer in the bookcase. Did you do that one?

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Feb 28, 09 7:34 AM
If this is a developed by , I'll put in a negative... the mouse is hard-coded for a right-handed person. I have my mouse set up for a lefty and have to use it the old standard way the rest of the world uses in order to play this game. But that's okay because I didn't enjoy the game enough so far to buy it. I just hope that in the future, will use whatever the mouse sends to the game and not the standard left-click, right-click. Pretty please!!!

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Feb 28, 09 7:50 AM
I truly loved the demo and bought this as it is the first one out since RTR that got my interest .good game lots to do .so I bought this one a keeper for sure.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 28, 09 8:32 AM
I'm pretty sure this one was developed by some other company, not BFG. They just made a deal with BFG for beta testing and an exclusive.

edit: yes, developer is "Gamgo Games", publisher is BFG.

Edited on 02/28/2009 at 8:33:12 AM PST

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Feb 28, 09 9:03 AM
lordkalvan wrote:I'm pretty sure this one was developed by some other company, not BFG. They just made a deal with BFG for beta testing and an exclusive.

edit: yes, developer is "Gamgo Games", publisher is BFG.

Realized that when I got back in. From comments made, thought maybe it was from which surprised me because earlier games are fine. Too bad because game was starting to grow on me but it has to be a really GREAT game for me to buy with right-handed mouse commands.

Go to: