WALKTHROUGH - Totem Tribe

Re:WALKTHROUGH - Totem Tribe

[Post New]by nicholasgramma on Jun 13, 11 6:37 PM
Is this for Totem tribe gold? That's what i need help with. Sorry I didn't clarify.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jun 14, 11 7:43 AM
nicholasgramma wrote:Is this for Totem tribe gold? That's what i need help with. Sorry I didn't clarify.

Yes, the hint is for TT gold - they don't have the pyramid in the regular version.

Can't remember the name of the island, but it's the one where the male lead character has to go to try to find his lost tribe. It has little yellow totems that you have to hit. Sorry... can't go back and look at the islands once you have completed the game.

[Post New]by steeverv73 on Jun 14, 11 8:37 PM
trying to reach doobiebear, who created the walkthrough for totem tribe; first, my thanks! secondly, though i have played the game four times, i still have not EVER found the frickin' (excuse my french) orange rune of lightening aka thunderbolt on the mist island level; another game site gave a location of "on the left side of the map, at the end of a grey path, between the fourth and fifth device".... alas, i have tracked every path there ad nauseum and i still have not found it; any better description? or a screen shot?? it would be most appreciated; you can email me direct, if you choose at steeverv73@msn.com, if you don't want to do a 'spoiler' for those that still may want to search for it, but after four attempts, i'm done trying.....i'm losing my mind!! thanks for any help you can give me, i SO appreciate it!! hope you get this soon, i'm starting over again, for the fifth time......sigh..........

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jun 15, 11 6:15 AM
@steeverv73 - check You Tube and search for Totem Tribe Mist Island

Cyberomega has done videos and clearly shows where that rune is.

Good luck!

[Post New]by patty05231956 on Jul 31, 11 3:50 PM
I have been looking for over an hour for the 5th piece of coal. Is there an easy way to find them?

[Post New]by Akilinia on Oct 29, 11 9:25 AM
Awesome walkthrough. Wish there were pictures with markings where the gems are.
I have 93 percent and cant find any more.
Help!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by shadowjules on Jan 3, 12 7:28 AM
help please i am so stuck lol i cant even figure out how to find the alien let alone fight them haha. how do you get from the middle of the comet to go look all ways are blocked by crystals.

Gembirdie
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Gembirdie on Jan 6, 12 10:09 AM
There is one thing missing. On Lost Temple Island, in addition of using the lamps to get the runes that open the doors, you have to put in the sequence of lights that the temples of the island of worship gave you. That would be: red, blue, yellow, pink, green. Then you'll receive three chests full of gems! Without this you will not have the complete set of gems to enter Guardian Moon.

Good luck!

Gembirdie
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Gembirdie on Jan 6, 12 10:19 AM
Another thing for everybody: To find all the gems, before you enter the comet itself, it is best to look on the www.enkord.com site. Somebody there made a "gem finding utility". This thing will tell you exactly how many gems of which color you're missing on which island.
When you can't find that last gem - usually it's because it's the exact color of the background. So, if you're missing a green gem, look on all the grass, and wherever there are vines on the ground. Orange? Look on flowers and lava areas, and so on.
Be sure too to make all the black clouds recede everywhere as much as you can. Sometimes a gem will hide at the farthest corner of the black clouds.
And when you get discouraged - stop for a while and come back to it when your mind is clear again...

Hope this helps.

Re:Walkthrough - Totem Tribe

[Post New]by abinicio2042 on Mar 8, 12 1:41 PM
DoobieBear wrote:Return to the main island via the shamanic device and place the blue traveling stone in the empty slot. Transport to the next island. On the southern end place the two valves and the energy sphere. This will open the steam vents on the top of the island and lower the water in front of the chest to enable you to walk to it and receive the Aqualung. The Aqualung allows your scouts to swim. Swim to all of the surrounding islands with the exception of the center island and the island to the far southeast. Collect the turtle shells needed and purchase the arrow tower. The arrows will destroy the sharks and allow you to swim to the far southeast island without becoming fish food. On the southeast island place the second energy sphere to turn the lights on. The solution to the light puzzle can be highlighted below:

The first tower should already be turned to the west (left).
Follow the light and turn the second tower to the north (up).
Follow the light and turn the third tower to the east (right).
Follow the light and turn the fourth tower to the south (down).
Follow the light and turn the fifth tower to the west (left).
Follow the light and turn the sixth tower to the south (down).
All lights should now be turned on.

You will receive an orange teardrop (Rune of Water). Use the rune to get the chest on the main island to receive the shaman’s mask. Use the turtle shells to access the chest on the hidden island in the center.

Totem of Shark: chest on the center island.
Shaman’s Mask: chest on the main island.
Aqualung: fourth island, accessible after placing the valves and energy sphere.

Tip: Now that you’re able to swim you can access all the areas of the previous islands that you couldn’t get to in your first visit. If you want to access Guardian Moon later in the game, you will need to find all of the gems, some of which were out of reach previously.

Island of Worship

Don’t click the main temple until you have built up your army and researched everything. When you click on it you will be thrown into battle with an evil incarnation of Aruku. Defeating her and her army will produce a chest on the west (left) side of the temple with one each of the five fruits. Collect eleven more of each fruit to give to the idols on the island. Once the evil Aruku is defeated you will receive the Totem of Lion.

One of the idols has the clairvoyance spell. Activate it and put it in the mountain area to the south of the island. You will see a button and two chests that are in separate areas. Click the button to have a passage open on the east side. The passage is on the side of the mountain area. Once you’ve opened the chest for the Masking Cloak, click the

akilnia
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by akilnia on Apr 11, 12 8:36 AM
This a totaly awesome walkthrough - It helped me a LOT
Thank you for making it

ccmohr59
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ccmohr59 on Dec 26, 12 7:01 PM
i am having a hard time finding the 25 shells you need to give to the idol on frozen vale. i am really stuck. have done everything up to that point. have found only 21 shells and i am fusterated. my husband tried to find them also and no such luck for him either. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[Post New]by grog006 on Jan 23, 13 2:52 PM
How do I defeat the Skulls?

Re:WALKTHROUGH - Totem Tribe Gold

[Post New]by grog006 on Jan 23, 13 2:59 PM
Need help defeating the Skulls

[Post New]by mandyz1 on Feb 12, 13 12:50 AM
Hi there.......i need the last banana, can anyone help......have spent two days on this and clicked the whole map.....please help!!!

[Post New]by VCRJack on Jun 4, 13 1:02 AM
To peach23 if you're still out there many years later, I love the idea of being able to "paint: the items as I think it may be the only way I can complete the game However, when I go to Save my computer is telling me I can't, "access denied" or something similar, any suggestions for the computer illiterate?! Cheers

peach23 wrote:I have to admit that, after beating my brains out trying to find the last few (whatever item), I took every one of those files and "painted" them - especially the gems. Voila! MUCH easier to find. Although a few are actually "hidden", like the lava rocks on Volcano Island. You can't see them until you find them.

How to Paint an item. First, exit out of the game. Then backup the files in your Totem Tribe directory where the images are stored. For my computer, this is
C:\Program Files\Totem Tribe\data\texture\game\item. A lot of these files have really strange names, so you won't see "shell" or "seashell", for instance. Its call "rakuska2". "Rakuska1" is the other shell you had to find on Dolphin Island. The roots on Witch Island are called "koren".

Open a file in Paint (standard Windows accessory program). Use some bright or unusual color that won't blend in with the background for whichever island the item is on, and paint around the edges of the item. Then Save.

SO much easier to find these things, as they can be VERY hidden.

On a different subject - Doobiebear, in your walkthru you mention the color-coded vents on Lost Temple Island, and the reflection in the pool marked with an X. I've tried this, found the right spot, clicked on it - and nothing happens. Any suggestions??

[Post New]by wil2space on Sep 27, 13 7:57 AM
How do I get out of the main area in the meteor to get to the aliens?

[Post New]by jplumley on Feb 10, 14 4:51 PM
I have a question for those who play totem tribe. I have been stuck
At 99% rainbow road for forever. I found 21 gems on each island except
Foe volcano which I found 20. So how do I the last white gem that's on some
Versions to show so I can go to guardian moon?

Go to: