WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 23, 12 1:12 AM
deryndu wrote:is there a walkthrough

There is an in-game strategy guide, there usually is not a walkthrough for a CE for that reason, although in this case a WT would be welcome! There should be a walkthrough when the SE comes out.

Edited on 12/23/2012 at 1:14:09 AM PST

[Post New]by Yankee1966 on Dec 29, 12 9:41 AM
I don't know why this game had so many people complaining. I for one thoroughly enjoyed it! I wish you had kept the spooky vibe. It was creepy in the beginning....and then seemed to fizzle as far as creepy/spooky went.

My only complaint with MCF is that there is only one per year. I know a lot of work and effort goes into each one, but would love to see more of them. Maybe a RTR one and another one each year. Give us one for Valentine's Since you think your fans are so great!

I hope the bad reviews don't get these canceled. They are great. People put a lot of hype into something will never be completely thrilled with what they get.

Dire Grove is still my favorite, but I think it was the spooky vibe throughout. I wasn't a big fan of the picture mosaics, because they were difficult to control. However, I thought the idea was awesome!

Keep up the good work!

Something nice to say.

[Post New]by Yankee1966 on Dec 29, 12 10:21 AM
This note is for the MCF and Big Fish team. We all know the expression "If you don't have anything nice to say..." It has been my experience that the opposite is true. People love to complain, and less people are likely to notify you if everything is good/great. Think about your experiences in life...especially when you go out to eat. You are more likely to complain and make a scene if something is not to your liking, and less likely to make a production about something you enjoyed!

I am seeing a lot of negative posts. Not sure why I thought the game was great, but I am not trying to compare it to what I expected the game to be!
There were some aspects of the game I didn't enjoy. That does not mean that it wasn't neat to try them. If all you do is the same thing with each game you buy then you really aren't playing a game are you?
I really enjoy seeing what MCF comes out with each year! I like the live action feature; I think it helps you to immerse yourself in the game a lot more than cartoon scenes!

Thanks for all the hard work that was evident in the making of this game! Hope more people who enjoyed this game will post!

CeeJayEss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by CeeJayEss on Dec 29, 12 11:11 AM
Loved this game..

I like how the hidden object scenes were done. Also liked the drawings you had to find.. I think both of these could have been expanded upon. Looking forward to MCF's next offering.

[Post New]by Ironic_Twist on Dec 29, 12 11:14 AM
Thought about dl'ing this game, but the reviews for it are awful. How can it be Game of the Year?

[Post New]by BIG_KITTY on Dec 30, 12 10:48 AM
Why can't I play a puzzle in the church? When I get closer to the window behing curtins and try to use church key (knob) it doesn't work at all. No way to apply the knob on the window? I had to choose 'skip' to continue the game :-(

oldlady55
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oldlady55 on Jan 4, 13 5:45 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi lilyrose1,

I would like to help you with the safe because I assure you, the game flows much more easily once that is figured out.

To make the call and ultimately, open the wall safe, you need an operating telephone and a phone number to begin with.

Telephone

First, collect the two pieces of the telephone from the dumpster to the right of the opening scene, beside the reception office.

In room 2, open the desk drawer and take the quarter. Use it on the panel on the wall, the bed vibrator, after adjusting the setting to 'You animal!'.

This will move the bed towards you, allowing you access to the phone jack.

Place the two pieces of the telephone on the bedside table and ensure it is connected to the jack.

Telephone number

Call Kelli - we need to find out her birthday as this is the central number of the code for the safe.

Her number is random in each game so I cannot give you an exact number but it is written on a piece of paper in the drawer where you picked up the quarter.

Once you call her, her birthday will become clear. I have included some help for the next part below but I don't want to spoil it for you so they are hints more than answers.

For the start and end of the code you need the letters from the license plate of the Ghost Patrol van (check out the darkroom) and Jack Talon's -the presenter of Ghost Patrol's - apartment no (check out the hotel reception outhouse building)

If you have trouble remember to use the hint function to the bottom right for a clue or consult your journal to the bottom left, as this will highlight pertinent details you have collected. (Final hint - after checking the bed in room 2, a green post it will appear in the top right of your journal, which gives you the order of the safe code)

crazygama1 - if you have checked your <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=537">screen resolution </a> and <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">updated your drivers</a> already, I would suggest reaching out to our <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support Team</a>. One of our Reps will be happy to help and provide dedicated support for you particular issue.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

oldlady55
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oldlady55 on Jan 4, 13 5:47 PM
I played the demo and got past the safe. I have just bought the game and when I ring Kelli's number it keeps telling me I have rung the hint line or tried to call my ex. The phones jacked in and I have her number from the door. Has anyone had this happen???

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 4, 13 8:16 PM
oldlady55 wrote:I played the demo and got past the safe. I have just bought the game and when I ring Kelli's number it keeps telling me I have rung the hint line or tried to call my ex. The phones jacked in and I have her number from the door. Has anyone had this happen???
Her number from the door? I believe her number is in the desk drawer. If you've found the coin for the bed vibrating thing (which you have if you've plugged in the phone) her number should be in your journal. Maybe you're calling the wrong number?

[Post New]by Whatfreshhell on Jan 17, 13 12:16 PM
Seems I'm not the only one who thinks this was a waste of time and money. Definately not up to the standards of the others (Ravenhursts and 13th Skull). I purchased the 'Collector's Edition' although I dont know why, while it shows there are 'extras', they dont become an option upon finishing game and I certainly didnt buy it for 'wallpapers' or to see a 'making of'. Major disappointment.
(Personal note: Athough there are 'symbols' and Lea attempts to play a psychic, I didnt see anything remotely 'occult/demonic' about the game. Definately nothing worse than the psycho who kept his wife hooked up to a paranormal life support system!)

[Post New]by sramming on Jan 26, 13 1:37 PM
CAN WE PLEASE GET A NEW MC IN ORGI GAME FORMAT LIKE THE 1ST FEW. THE GRAPHICS ARE GOOD AND STUFF, BUT I LIKE THE HUNT AND FIND NOT ALL THE OTHER BS. PLEASE GIVE US A GOOD GAME

[Post New]by kgolden on Jan 31, 13 9:44 AM
This game is the first game I ever played where I had items left in my inventory. The screwdriver, night vision goggles, and the last cassette. I too, love MCF games until this one. It's terrible! It's like I didn't finish it. Something seems really weird. Maybe I did something wrong since I have items left in my inventory? Never the less, I wish I would have played the demo before purchase or I never would have purchased it. It was not your usual MCF game. It seemed very fake. Will not recommend game to anyone! Warning: play demo prior to purchase!!!

Sorry Big Fish that's how I feel

[Post New]by glevy_56 on Feb 9, 13 4:47 PM
worst MCF game ever, I loved all the rest of them, but this game was lame and very boring, I bought it before I played the demo....BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!! I just thought it would be as good as the others.....wont do that again

[Post New]by Vampira668 on Feb 11, 13 7:00 AM
I look forward to the MCF but the one was very disappointing, wish i could get my money back.

[Post New]by rojan01 on Feb 20, 13 1:35 AM
Hi BF Gamers, Have I missed something?. Having played shadow lake collectors edition, I find I cant access all the game extras as shown on the menu. Is there something within the game I missed to allow me access?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 20, 13 6:45 PM
rojan01 wrote:Hi BF Gamers, Have I missed something?. Having played shadow lake collectors edition, I find I cant access all the game extras as shown on the menu. Is there something within the game I missed to allow me access?

It may depend on whether you have the Collector's Edition or the Standard Edition. Check your game title to see that it has "Collector's Edition" after it, if not, you have the SE without any extras.

[Post New]by mandielee on Feb 20, 13 8:11 PM
I also Love this game but I cannot get the bookcase in the exam room to accept the drawing I have been trying for 2 days only have had trouble with this one Help?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 20, 13 10:26 PM
mandielee wrote:I also Love this game but I cannot get the bookcase in the exam room to accept the drawing I have been trying for 2 days only have had trouble with this one Help?

Hi mandielee! Welcome to the forum! Have you replaced all of the books?

[Post New]by maemee on Mar 3, 13 1:29 PM
I am not able to get past the photo machine. It keeps saying I need to read the directions again. I have, over and over,and it says the same thing. Help!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 3, 13 2:36 PM
maemee wrote:I am not able to get past the photo machine. It keeps saying I need to read the directions again. I have, over and over,and it says the same thing. Help!
Have you set the timer between 6-8 seconds (I believe it is...?)? This is where most people make a mistake.

Go to: