GlennMcC
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any Shadows: Price for Our Sins technical issues here only

[Post New]by GlennMcC on Mar 28, 13 10:55 AM
kangoods wrote:Dido here as well. Do not know how this game is getting such high marks when it is having so many problems. And do yourselves a favor and do NOT do the fixes that tech support gives you. It made my computer crash and I had to get my computer repaired. NO game is with this kind of agrivation. When they FINALLY get it fixed they ought to give us all the game for FREE.

I sent an email to 8Floors Games, the developers, and got a response. They said that they are aware of the problems and are working on a fix. They hope to have a new release soon.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 30, 13 10:11 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks so much for your patience with this, and for working with Tech Support to collect that helpful information. With you're help we will hopefully collect enough Dr. Felix's to get this resolved.

If you're still having issues with the game and haven't already reach out to Tech Support or you'd like to explore some other options for the game please get in touch with one of our Reps and they'll be happy to help further!

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Thanks again and keeping my fingers crossed that this gets resolved quickly for you!

bfgIzara

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Apr 18, 13 7:37 AM
I really don't know why I'm bothering because the DEVS don't seem to be paying any attention to our many moans BUT after I added the last key to the xylophone they just disappeared and now I'm stuck!
Also, the lances on the door in the stable simply won't move.

I was really enjoying this game so can we either get a fix quickly (and tell us when we have one.) or give us all a token for a different game?

Many thanks.

[Post New]by judi1_bigfish on Apr 21, 13 5:19 PM
This game crashes my computer. I have xp and direct x 9 so it should be working. I have the latest driver for my video card. Many others are having issues as well and I wondered if you have figured it out yet.
Thanks

rcuber
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rcuber on Apr 23, 13 11:50 AM
it is the same for me. Black screen at the scenes. What is funny is that if you play again the game with a different name you can see at least one of the scenes without black screen. Of course the next scene will be black again.

LetMeTry
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by LetMeTry on Apr 25, 13 4:53 AM
What is the game developer waiting for ? FIX THIS GAME .. FIX THIS GAME !!!! Game came out in mid February and here we are the end of April. I think what really makes BF Gamers so irritated is Big Fish is NOT holding developers accountable for getting their games to work. All the Dr. Felix's sent in are not doing any good when no improvements are made after a 2 month wait. How hard is it to say "listen you want us to push your games ? then fix the one we have." Tech support is NOT doing their job ................... I purchased this because I really thought maybe .. just maybe it would finally get fixed and I had a coupon that date wise needed to be used or I would lose it. Someone needs to WAKE UP and push these people for a fix.

[Post New]by angelbailey50 on May 20, 13 11:52 PM
whenever I try to play the game it loads to the first screen with the spinning ship wheel then cuts off and I keep getting this message GI_SCENE_BASE initialisation error. I can't even get to play the game. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no luck. Please help!!!

[Post New]by rugspot on May 26, 13 10:35 AM
I was enjoying the game. No trouble loading. My problem was with the hit button. I went through most of the game again. I did not miss any thing. I was totally frustrated. Hopefully someone will, look into this. I surly don't want to waste my money.

[Post New]by funandgames3 on Jul 7, 13 10:17 AM
I got all the way to bakery and could not pick up rod from woman to use on chest in forgery. Woman is gone and so is rod , i have to start over!!!!!!! after 5 hours of play.

[Post New]by bluedevil7278 on Sep 2, 13 7:09 PM
this is the first time I've done this but i'm a little po'd! this is the third game I bought from u guys that has had some sort of glitch on it. I am currently stuck at the part of the game where ur at the shelf of books. I press the books in order to spell out vita but after that nothing happened. I clicked on the hint pumpkin several times but it doesn't show me any hints just starts reloading I read through a walkthrough that that priest guy was suppose to appear after u spell out the books. wat the hell? this is the third game I've bought from u guys that's had a glitch in it. I want my money back.

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kangoods on Sep 17, 13 1:08 PM
Still no fix on this game huh? Pretty lousy since it's been out for over 6 months. What is the prob and why are you all not responding to any of these posts? I don't get it. What happened to wanting to please your paying customers?

Edited on 09/17/2013 at 1:09:29 PM PST

[Post New]by kittidid on Oct 12, 13 6:40 PM
I am having an issue with this game as well. I can't even get the game to open. As soon as I click on the game I get a popup error that states, "Error: Access Violation at 0x0060D69B (tried to read from 0x00000000) program terminated.

It's a shame that here it is many many months later and the game is yet to be fixed.

I have now deleted the game from my pc.

MsKitti

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bwake47 on Oct 24, 13 7:01 AM
I agree with you kittidid. I downloaded it again yesterday because it is Halloween and I thought for sure the issues we had 6 mos. ago would have been fixed. If they are not going to bother to fix the game, BFG should at least stop selling it and give a game credit to all who have purchased it. There aren't many Halloween themed games to pick from and I'm sure many are still purchasing this one, just to have so many problems they can't enjoy the game. I've looked for a "PC update" posting, but found none. What a disappointment in BFG.

GI SCENE BASE initialization error

[Post New]by freeasabird1971 on Nov 20, 13 4:08 PM
Please help! I have uninstalled/re installed scanned for virus tried free 1 hour trial. I have look thru all forums and can not find any answers as to why I am getting this error. Error message GI-SCENE-BASE Initialization Error. I have been without the game for months now because it crashed right at the bridge/carriage scene and i had to uninstall and deal with other computer issues because my antivirus was not letting allow any programs thru. I since have uninstalled my old antivirus and installed a new controllable one. Now the game has downloaded and installed, but not without issues. I did run into the installation problem with epoch.exe. I ran task manager and stopped that task and continued installation. Could that be why this particular game isn't working? All other games seem to be starting and running just fine.

Edited on 11/20/2013 at 4:25:57 PM PST

[Post New]by gfdgjkfhgjkfhdjk on Dec 29, 13 1:30 PM
I am having issues when I go to make the scare crow the directions are not there. I also can't color the black swan in. Every time I pick up the pencil and click on the swan the pencil goes back to where I picked it up or it comes outside of the book. Can you help me figure out how to color the black swan and how to get the directions for the scarecrow?

[Post New]by lhollen1 on Feb 21, 14 6:19 PM
I cannot get the bookcase to open after clicking on the books with the letters V-I-T-A as the tombstones indicated. I probably didn't click on them in the right order because I did so quick. Then the hint shows ma to click on another book and nothing happens. Has anyone else encountered this?

Go to: