opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches Technical Issues

[Post New]by opiesmom on Mar 29, 13 4:17 PM
mkastor wrote:I think if I see the words Tech Support one more time, I may scream...

Pull the game off the site, send it back to the developer and have them fix it.

Good grief!!

My thoughts exactly. I wish the mods would stop posting to contact Tech Support, All they do is send you boiler plate about all the things they assume is the problem on the user's end and completely ignore the improbability that hundreds of users all over the world with different hardware would have identical problems with the same game. Great customer service guys, blame the customer and refuse to acknowledge your own problems.

[Post New]by Crystal_kitten on Mar 31, 13 2:37 AM
stuck on level 43 get through most of the level then the animal catcher freezes in a loop and wont catch any birds. tried 3 times now ARG

[Post New]by AliceDDAI on Mar 31, 13 10:00 AM
Hello, I love this game, but like many others, cannot play effectively or with enjoyment due to loss of cursor control. Because the game is so like-able, I've managed to finish it, but there are some chapters that are impossible to do in gold time due to the cursor glitch.

The problem is not my graphics driver.

What are the chances of real fix or patch from the developers?

Should I go on hoping? Or give up?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 31, 13 11:51 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see more of you are running into trouble with this game.

I wanted to swim in here and let you know why it's important for you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team when these sort of problems come up...

These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments that can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in. And thank you to those Fishies who have already done so

bfgMonongahela

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 31, 13 1:54 PM
There it is..TECH SUPPORT again!!!!!

SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is like talking to a wall. BF. Why oh why are you not getting it? IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE'S COMPUTER!! There is a serious glitch in this game!! SEND IT BACK FOR REPAIR TO THE DEVELOPER and stop telling us to send you reports!

maureen010
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by maureen010 on Mar 31, 13 4:09 PM
I'm assuming BFG entered into some sort of legal agreement with the developers that apparently has you all running in circles having to "prove" to them their program is loused up. You can't be loving the negatives here.

This brings to mind another highly unique, fun, and terminally flawed game I purchased here. Remember DQ? That one never did get fixed, which was a travesty to gamers because it was so much fun but probably a boon to the developers who took the money and ran.

Tsk tsk.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 31, 13 4:57 PM
Hi again Fishies,

Just swimming in to clarify again. We here in the Forums are not equipped to collect the kind of data that will help us figure out what's causing these problems. The information that we ask that you send to our Tech Support Team will be compiled and then sent on to the developers with the hopes that they can get things addressed for you.

If you'd rather not go through that process, you are certainly welcome to return the game and our Support Team will also be happy to help you with that.

Thank you,

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 03/31/2013 at 5:01:12 PM PST

[Post New]by DoubleMoon on Apr 1, 13 4:05 PM
The problem is that once a raven appears to steal the seeds the game does not function well anymore. Once the raven goes away, it goes back to normal.

It's a bug in the game and I think it should not be sold anymore until the problem is fixed.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 3, 13 5:22 AM
Hi DoubleMoon,

Welcome to the Pond!

As above, we definitely don't want to leave you with a game that won't work, so if you are having persistent issues, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Those folks will be happy to offer some more specific support.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 04/03/2013 at 8:29:55 AM PST

haolegirll
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by haolegirll on Apr 3, 13 10:32 AM
Dear BFG: I think that a major part of the issue here is not just that the game is seriously flawed, but that you seriously expect us, your paying customers, to do your work for you. I am really not trying to be rude or unkind: matter of fact.

An earlier note from BFG stated"We here in the Forums are not equipped to collect the kind of data that will help us figure out what's causing these problems. The information that we ask that you send to our Tech Support Team will be compiled and then sent on to the developers with the hopes that they can get things addressed for you"

It is time for BFG to change its SOP and make the process one which is dealth with on a corporate level rather than one which is solved by your customers. It is offensive to think that BFG percieves its very loyal paying consumers as being responsible for relaying data to fix a series of known problems. If Forums doesn't have the mechanism to relay the information to Tech, fix the mechanism and process. Don't expect to get paid for the game AND have your customers do the work, too.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 3, 13 11:42 AM
Hi haolegirll,

We never like to hear that Fishies are experiencing technical problems with a game. Each of the games that we release is tested thoroughly before launch, and if a problem is found, we fix it. However, due to the immense amount of diversity in computer configurations, software and hardware, some issues can occur with a game. When this happens, we ask that users post in the technical issues Forums like this one so that we have an early indication of what the problem may be, so we do use this information when diagnosing problems. However, to look into the problem being experienced, our Tech Support Team does need more thorough information. That's why we encourage players to send us a Dr. Felix Report to allow our team to investigate the problem with more data. Sending us more information is entirely voluntary, and we ask that so we can work on getting a fix out for problems quickly and efficiently.

I hope that helps explain a bit about how we troubleshoot issues, and hopefully we can resolve any issues you're experiencing quickly!

bfgSeine

satchel49
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by satchel49 on Apr 3, 13 7:05 PM
satchel is just so very sad that it isnt fixed yet! bought the game a week and a half ago before problems started...i think in level 3....right and left mouse button are itching to get started again...sigh! Satchel will check back in a few days. till then i guess i will have to join the real world!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 4, 13 2:16 AM
Heya satchel49, welcome to the Pond!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the game .

If you have already tried all the suggestions that we have offered in this thread I would definitely recommend you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be happy to get that checked for you and your message also helps to determine if a fix from the developer is needed or not as this is the only way for us to investigate the issue further.

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on Apr 4, 13 10:29 AM
Is it only me but is there a problem with lvl 29? Everything works fine until all the pylons are glowing and that is when I start having problems. It's freezing and I'm having a hard time with my cursor floating. Top of all that, when I do get control with the cursor the program brings me back to the start.

[Post New]by geogirl1963 on Apr 4, 13 11:43 AM
I have more than enough system requierments as well and I too am having difficulties. I also don't like the fact that you work you tush off to complet the levels and the money does not accumulate. There are some big dollar amounts needed to fixing up the villa. You don't get to keep any money from past levels to go with the next level funds earned. It totally bits.

EMBESTE
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by EMBESTE on Apr 4, 13 1:44 PM
bfgBiwa wrote:Heya satchel49, welcome to the Pond!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the game .

If you have already tried all the suggestions that we have offered in this thread I would definitely recommend you to get in touch with our <a href=" http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page ">Tech Support Team</a>. They'll be happy to get that checked for you and your message also helps to determine if a fix from the developer is needed or not as this is the only way for us to investigate the issue further.

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Dear Moderator,
I took your advice and ran Dr.Felix. I sent it to Tech Support. I was told to reinstall and to turn off my anti-virus protection software. SERIOUSLY-that is the best you can tell me. Their response really didn't give the "We're happy to help," attitude. It was more of the "we don't care," "we really aren't listening," "it isn't our problem," response. The game has issues. My anti-virus software did not cause the character to endlessly chop wood in the middle of nowhere. It is a programming error. While my virus software MIGHT slow the game down, it would not cause this type of error. For once, why can't Tech Support just be honest and say..."There are issues with this game and we are investigating." Why do they feel the need to treat users like they have no brain cells. Frankly, in this day and age, any developer that doesn't program for the likelyhood that standard, name-brand, anti-virus software will be running on the computer is out of touch.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 5, 13 2:29 AM
Hi EMBESTE,

I am very sorry to hear that you received a less than satisfactory response from Tech Support, I know it must be frustrating to wait for an answer and then to feel that the person replying is not really invested in helping you.

We would like another chance to put this right for you so I would encourage you to reply to that email so that they can explore other ways to help.

If you feel like it is necessary, please don't hesitate to ask for the issue to be escalated because we certainly want to give you the help you deserve.

I hope this is sorted out for you soon and we really appreciate you giving us another opportunity to work this out with you.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 04/05/2013 at 2:29:58 AM PST

[Post New]by DoubleMoon on Apr 5, 13 6:03 AM
If I’m going to read the word frustrating again, I might just scream.

I checked reviews for this game on other websites (I’ve been here for years and never bothered with other websites or had any complaints, you can thank this game for this change), and there are many, many negative reviews that describe the same problems that are being mentioned here. In fact, this seems to be the only site with such positive reviews for this game, which makes me wonder.

I know you moderators are just following a protocol, I used to work in Tech support, I know what it’s like, but I think the fair thing to do would be to deliver the message upstairs and make the decision to either change the system requirements needed for this game or just take it off the site.

Usually your advices are very helpful, but in this case the problem is with the game. Maybe you should ask people who claim they finished the game for their configurations, so you can determine what the real system requirements for this game are.

I see I’m not allowed to write a negative review of this game based on technical issues, which only leaves me with the option to vent here. As I said, I’ve been with this website for years now, I hope this misstep with this game is not going to become something regular.

GetitGotit
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by GetitGotit on Apr 5, 13 5:15 PM
I'm on the last chapter, getting good scores and suddenly something freezes. Not the whole game just like a worker keeps hammering long after the building is finished, then when it comes time to build the fountain they can't because he won't come join them. So I restart. Then the funds freeze at zero and even though it makes the sound of cash coming in nothing does and i'm stuck again.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 6, 13 5:03 AM
Hi Fishies!

DoubleMoon - I will certainly pass this along for you and thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. If you have purchased the game yourself, please get in touch with Tech Support Team so we can sort this out for you.

GetitGotit - Could you please write in to Tech Support too so we can keep on tracking this issue? That would really help matters!

Also our Support Team will be able to provide some assistance that we can't the via the Forums.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Go to: