bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 30, 13 2:30 AM
Hi Fishies!

Cygnata - I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game functions for you.

Sunshine2104 - sorry about that but don't worry, there is an application that you can use to scan for past games. You can find out more about this using the link here. If you feel like your Game manager is not function correctly though, feel free to pop a message through to Support.

cefortner - As Hespera kindly suggested, for display issues like such as you are experiencing, it may help to have a look at the following help articles here!

If you would like some more help though, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team so we can get to helping you right away.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by fishiegamer on Apr 30, 13 8:50 AM
Same problem here. I've uninstalled & reinstalled twice with same result
antiquity wrote:Error: Access violation @ 0x00000000 (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 30, 13 11:41 AM
Hey there fishiegamer,

Thanks for already trying and uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and since that didn't help I would recommend, as a next step, checking the following help article for more great tips:

Access Violation

Please also be sure to reach out to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix so that one of our Reps can take a closer look. They're great, and will do everything they can to help stop that pesky Access Violation message!

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 1, 13 2:16 PM
the game seems to pause..........? any reason?--------------

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 1, 13 4:20 PM
Hi lisablue4369,

If the game is pausing on you, it may be worth checking to see if your drivers and software programs are updated fully. Our help article here goes over that in more detail:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that's not helping, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can take a look at that for you more closely.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here o

[Post New]by Jorie10 on May 5, 13 9:10 AM
Technical issue with Bonus Chapter:

Glue picked up from barrel.
Need it to secure lever, but Glue not in Inventory.
Cannot continue with the Bonus as a result.

Any way to restart the Bonus Chapter?

Or anyone solve the 'lost glue' issue?

Separate request to BFG:
Please create a separate thread for Download issues so that the Technical Issues thread can be game-specific.

UPDATE:
After exiting/re-entering the game three times, the glue magically reappeared in my Inventory and I was able to continue with the Bonus Chapter.

Edited on 05/05/2013 at 9:52:59 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 5, 13 11:32 AM
Hi Jorie10,

I'm happy to hear that you were able to get past that part, and I can certainly pass your suggestion along for a download issues thread. If you run into any other problems, our Tech Support Team will be happy to help!

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

JAM58
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by JAM58 on May 6, 13 6:30 AM
I'm unable to get the 1st Knight picture. I even went back to that area but it is no longer there and it is not in my inventory. Any help would be very appreciated.

ackpfft, if you happen to read this, you might try something else. I have OS7 but all of them should be about the same. Go to your main hard drive (my case it's C , click on USERS, click on (your name), click on APPDATA, and under that in OS7 is a folder called ROAMING. If you go to the name of the folder (in this case ERS Game Studios, you will see Dark Tales listed. Delete Dark Tales only. This way you can reinstall the game and HOPEFULLY it will start correctly so that you can see everything. This DOES get rid of your original profile so that means you will have to start from the beg. again! Hope this helps.

Edited on 05/06/2013 at 6:40:17 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 8, 13 3:30 AM
Heya JAM58,

Thanks a lot for sharing these steps with our Fishies, I'm sure they will be helpful for many of them!

When following these steps, please mind that the path for your saved game profile may vary depending on the operating system you are using. To get to know the exact path depending on your situation it might be best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team, they'll be happy to help you out!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

jacko3443
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jacko3443 on May 8, 13 4:30 PM
debutaunt100 wrote:I have tried lighting the lantern for over a hour the candle isn't on the holder but it moves top the lantern but won't light its chapter 3 burning the evidence

jacko3443
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jacko3443 on May 8, 13 4:34 PM
Ive had the same problem, the candle isn't on the holder and you can't light the lamp

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 9, 13 3:13 AM
Heya jacko3443,

As the candle isn't where it should be it could be that some of the files in your game are a bit out of place. It could help here already to simply uninstall and reinstall your game to make sure that everything is where it belongs.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by myjadedkarma on May 10, 13 8:27 PM
One word... DACHSHUND! ...and I tried picking him up before i left the scene that I now cannot return to.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 11, 13 3:44 AM
Hi myjadedkarma,

I have seen a few reports of this and just to let you know, this is an issue we are currently investigating.

My best advice to you would be to start this game under a new profile and ensure that you pick up the dachshund before scaring off the snake, or doing anything else in this game.

If you would prefer not to take such a drastic step just yet, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can investigate what is going on further and perhaps offer an alternative solution.

Thank you for working with us and hoping this info is helpful.

bfgBaikal

nyknight55
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nyknight55 on May 12, 13 4:45 PM
I am getting a "access violation" error I am a PC with Windows 8
and Norton 360 any clues on how to adjust Norton
this has never happen before on any other game

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 14, 13 3:31 AM
Hi nyknight55,

Sorry about that but the good news is these types of errors are normally easily resolved.

Have you tried looking at the following article below yet, which provides advice for the error you are seeing?

Access Violation

If you would like us to look into this for you and provide some troubleshooting specific to your computer, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to our Live Chat Support for real-time support. Live Chat is open Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm PST.

Hope this is helpful!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Fizzy00 on May 18, 13 5:58 AM
I downloaded this game, but when I try to run it I get a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error and the game terminates. Please help!

allynann
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by allynann on Jun 7, 13 9:44 PM
the game would not let me go back to play the bonus game????

[Post New]by griffilf on Mar 23, 14 9:30 AM
I recently finished the game but have been able to access the Bonus content. The game just ended, credits roll, back to main menu. When I try "Play", it says, "You have successfully finished the game. Do you want to play it again?" Clicking on the videos I haven't yet seen under "Extras", tells me "This is the CE bonus content. Extras will be unlocked after completing the extra game play." How do I get that "extra game play"? Say "Yes" to "Do you want to play it again?"? Help! Very disappointed, as the end of the game seemed a bit abrupt and dissatisfying.

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Mar 26, 14 11:03 PM
I'm playing for the 100th time now (LOVE the series) and just thought I'd mention an odd glitch in one of the HOS

When you go into to room next to the jester statue one of the items to find is a lit lantern...but to light the torch you have to grab a torch...the glitch is to grab the torch you have to put your cursor to the left until you find a hand and then put the hand over the lantern

Not sure if this happens to anyone else or if it has been fixed since I last installed the game but it is a little annoying to have to grab nothing and then put nothing over the lantern to get the torch to light it

Go to: