sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

Re:Welcome to Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' forum

[Post New]by sahobbs on Jul 13, 14 9:41 AM
blondje666 wrote:Why is one painting missing? I have all the objects for the AES Museum en no quests left. HELP !!!!

Which painting are you Missing? Here is a list one of the other players posted, maybe this will help.

Amber glass: Toy shop, Picky Shopper Mode

USA Map: Captain Matthew's Bridgeport

Music Box: Flower Shop- Silhouette Mode

Compass: Boat Builders- Fast Shopper Mode

Pocket watch: Yacht- Fast Shopper Mode

Toy Car: Al Fresco Restaurant- Picky Shopper Mode

Phone: Portland Oregon, Silhouette Mode

Toy Robot: Hunting Lodge, Silhouette Mode

Opera Mask: Candy Shop, Fast Shopper

Phonograph Guo Antique Shop, Picky Shopper Mode

Block Puzzle: Pensacola Florida, Picture Mode

Charm: Dolores' Barn, Fast Shopper Mode

Stereoscope: Christmas Alley, Picture Mode

Badge: Margret's House, Picky Shopper Mode

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Jul 13, 14 9:44 AM
blondje666 wrote:Why is one painting missing? I have all the objects for the AES Museum en no quests left. HELP !!!!

OddlyEnuf posted this also, this could help also.
Okay, just as an add on to MrssFox graphic I will write out the corresponding information, slightly differently..
Top row:
1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Middle Row:
5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
Bottom:
10 / 11 / 12 /13 / 14

From left to right of screen, top to bottom:

#1 Group of people, with girl in pink center - Amber
#2 People pointing to sky -USA map
#3 Landscape - Music box
#4Cityscape - Compass

#5 Reclining woman- Pocket watch
#6 Woman center flanked by two children - Toy car
#7 Large cityscape (dead center of pictures) - Vintage phone.
#8 Group of people, patch of sky is left of center top - Toy Robot
#9 Horse - Opera mask

#10 Girl in red dress - Phonograph
#11 Arches -Block puzzle
#12 Woman in orange - Charmed necklace
#13 17th Century couple - Stereoscope
#14 Figure in white- small white frame bottom right - Badge.

[Post New]by blondje666 on Jul 13, 14 1:33 PM
sahobbs, THXXXX i'm missing a horse thxx for the answer !!!

[Post New]by blondje666 on Jul 13, 14 2:13 PM
but it don't seem to work, twice played fast shopper at the candyshop and no painting I must do something wrong.

[Post New]by Debb214 on Jul 13, 14 5:28 PM
[i]I'm wondering if there is a way to recover the work you have done on a game. I have been playing this came for some time, but began having computer issues and had to do a system restore. Now when I open the game I am back at square one. I really enjoy the game, but have no desire to have to begin all over again after all the time and work spent.

I had this issue with another game I purchased, When I bought a new computer, rather than signing into BigFish and being able to start my game where I left off on the old computer, I had to begin all over again on that game. I find that boring, and have no desire to play the game again. Is there anyway that I can sign into this version of Antique Road Trip at the level I was on before having to do a system restore on my computer?

Thanks for you help,
Debb214

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 16, 14 5:04 PM
Debb, I did a system restore and was able to regain my game as is. Perhaps contact customer service, down under the twitter logo... you would have to have files to restore to do that in the first place.

If you get it back up and running be sure to save it to the Cloud - find that under the gears in the top right corner, pick Settings and then log in. This enables you to play the same game from computer to computer and if your hard drive dies or other computer mishap, your game is safe.

[Post New]by Debb214 on Jul 19, 14 11:20 AM
Thank you so much! I haven't played yet, because I didn't want to have to go back and redo all of this level again. I really appreciate your help, OddlyEnuh.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 19, 14 7:29 PM
Sure, Debb. Feel free to PM if you have any questions again.... I generally don't come up to this thread much.

[Post New]by juicyfruit621 on Jul 20, 14 7:55 AM
How do I feed the black cat? I can pick up the bag of food but I don't know what to do with it now?

[Post New]by Eng61teach on Jul 20, 14 10:18 AM
Everytime I go online, someone in cyber space is taking my gold bars and money. I just went to a
level 28 and was rewarded by registering for protection online with all coins and gold bars wiped out. Why should this be happening. Are there thieves among players. This ruins the game for me. If I cannot trust online, I'm through.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 20, 14 6:02 PM
There are no thieves only glitches. If you have not already done it,Eng61teach, contact Customer service, link is below this under the twitter logo. Also if you are so inclined go to BoomZap forum and post the problem there - I just started a thread there because this keeps popping up as an issue for players on lower levels.

Juicy, there are several threads below this one talking about the cat. I will see if I can not bring a couple of the good ones up to the top of the threads for you.

GinaRose
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by GinaRose on Jul 22, 14 2:32 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the auction. I am winning items I did not bid on, selling items I didn't auction. Also daily bid challenges change I go on in the morning find my challenge bid for the item, then when I come back in the afternoon the challenge has changed so I no longer need what I had bid for. Auctions say I have won the item but don't always get a message so as to get the reward. and daily bonus doesn't always come up even though I log in every day and when it does I seem to be stuck on day 85, any help appreciated

[Post New]by 1BigBrain on Jul 23, 14 12:45 AM
New to forum so don't where to cry FOUL, any way here's my gripe. I bid 40 coins on an item any watched the last 7 and a half minutes tic down till bidding closed at 40 coins.
I win right?
Not so fast friends.
I went to message inbox for the 'good news' to find i'd (supposedly) been out-bid by 1 coin.
What the hey?
Can some one explain?
I've been robbed, wronged, cheated I say!
7 and a half minutes of my life gone, 7 and a half minutes that I can never get back
Is there no justice?

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jul 23, 14 3:40 AM
@1BigBrain: You say you watched the last 7.5 minutes. Did you refresh regularly ? The Auction screen doesn't refresh automatically.
And even if you did, It is very hard to time it right so that you can actually see the last second. And if you get it right, there are always some miliseconds between your refresh and the actual close of the auction. Someone might get lucky and squeeze a bid in during that time.
You're never sure to win a bid until the item is safely in your inventory.

On a side note: remember that for a daily auction quest you must not only win the item in the auction, but must also view the message in your message box before the 24-hour quest time period is over.
This is because it is only when viewing the message that the item is put in your inventory and and thus only then that the system can give you credit for completing the quest,

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jul 23, 14 3:51 AM
@GinaRose: Several of your problems have already been mentioned in different threads on this forum, you might want to look for those and read there.
In short:
- auction messages sometimes seem to get "stuck". Several players report that you can free them by going into the auction again, searching for that specific item. Doing this, you sometimes free very old messages, for items that you bought or sold weeks or months ago.
- The daily bonus screen comes up on the top of the hour, so if you login at say 9:05 and play for only 45 minutes, you don't get the daily bonus. Try logging in just before the hour.
- Several players have already reported the changing of quests while playing. It is not clear what the cause is. I suggested it might have something to do with having more than one profile on the same computer, but there's no evidence of that.

[Post New]by 1BigBrain on Jul 23, 14 11:17 PM
Thanks for taking time to explain, Dirk_Tee, very refreshing indeed.

[Post New]by Metsluvr on Jul 26, 14 10:34 AM
What do I do with the extension cords that sometimes appear on the upper left corner of the screen. Thanks in advance for help.

Daily reward requires much longer play time?

[Post New]by lindaloublugoo on Jul 26, 14 5:31 PM
trophywife wrote:It's the little things for me and I'm more than disappointed that in order to collect your money & star for playing daily has changed (on my game anyway) and now shows up close to an hour after I've been playing. I could not figure out what was happening the last couple of days and of course I'm back to square one. Often I only play for a little while in the evening and don't have that kind of time.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

[Post New]by Loubylou_74 on Jul 27, 14 12:51 AM
Hi, I am new on here, I really like playing antique road trip American dreaming, my only grumble is the energy levels for the hidden object games are too high and my energy level is never fully re-charged every day, so I can't complete games.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jul 27, 14 1:20 AM
Metsluvr wrote:What do I do with the extension cords that sometimes appear on the upper left corner of the screen. Thanks in advance for help.

If I remember well, the extension cord opens one of the mini-scenes in Portland, Oregon (big elephant).
You should have had a quest to go find the extension cord, and now you should have a quest to visit Portland.

Go to: