Collectibles - Where to find 'em!

DrGoldin
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Collectibles - Where to find 'em!

[Post New]by DrGoldin on Dec 20, 13 2:10 AM
Well, now I can report ANOTHER bug. Today's special quests allow you to get Klaus' diary, which is the one missing collectible you need for the Aurora set. So I got it and cashed in my set. So far, so good. But then under "Achievements" it still says that I have completed 0 of 4 Christmas collectibles.

It's kind of significant because the prize for completing all four sets is 40 gold bars.

Wouldn't have noticed this without an eagle eye.

[Post New]by lionbfish on Dec 20, 13 2:26 AM
DrGoldin wrote:Well, now I can report ANOTHER bug. Today's special quests allow you to get Klaus' diary, which is the one missing collectible you need for the Aurora set. So I got it and cashed in my set. So far, so good. But then under "Achievements" it still says that I have completed 0 of 4 Christmas collectibles.

It's kind of significant because the prize for completing all four sets is 40 gold bars.

Wouldn't have noticed this without an eagle eye.

I believe that not a bug. "Achievements" says complete 0 of 4 of ALL Christmas collectibles. Thats why you still have 0 of 4.

My problem is that I take "klaus diary" only at once from "Carnival place". I played there a lot of times after special quest but I didnt take it anymore.

DrGoldin
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by DrGoldin on Dec 20, 13 8:30 AM
I'm pretty sure it really is a bug, because I've completed 1 of 4 sets, not 0 of 4.

osomom
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by osomom on Dec 20, 13 9:26 AM
my achievements also still shows 0 of 4...i was so excited when i got on this morning and saw FINALLY an item to make a collection set and get 10 gold bars. Even better the Diary was in the junkyard the cheapest city!..But alas, it was only available 1 time. Same with the Blueprint in the carnival. After completing the quest, neither item was available again . All the other items so far can be found in 3 different places, either 3 different cities or 2 cities and 1 minigame. I had so much fun with the Thanksgiving special collections, and was excited for the Christmas specials to start. This is more than frustrating. And tech issues in the original game have still not been fixed. I will keep playing for now because i do enjoy the game...but I hope they step it up, get tech issues fixed, and stop teasing us with these Xmas items. On a different note I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday season!

osomom
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by osomom on Dec 20, 13 9:33 AM
oops...junkyard isn't the cheapest city...but it is one of the least expensive to play...i realized that as soon as i hit the reply button...lol

DrGoldin
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by DrGoldin on Dec 20, 13 10:16 PM
The zen fortune talisman is also available (much more cheaply) in the Hotel. Is there a more up-to-date list than this?

blahblahboo wrote:

Zen Fortune Talisman--- Net 14 Butterfly House

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 21, 13 9:51 AM
I'm only able to receive the unique Christmas collectibles offered in the quests, that one time. When I go back to replay, I do not see or receive additional items, such as the Klaus diary. Just wanted to make sure this is the same for everyone and not a bug on my end.

If so, we only get to complete a set one time?? What, do they think they gave away too much of a pretend currency with no true value at Thanksgiving? Isn't Christmas the time for giving?

DrGoldin
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by DrGoldin on Dec 22, 13 2:53 AM
That would be my guess.

JB4510 wrote:What, do they think they gave away too much of a pretend currency with no true value at Thanksgiving?

osomom
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by osomom on Dec 22, 13 10:29 AM
if you leave the quest open you can continue to collect items...got many pendant,glasses,and posters yesterday. didnt know that the 1st day so only got 1 diary and blueprint. has anyone tried leaving quest open past midnight? will you still get the next days if you dont collect reward for today?

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Dec 22, 13 11:27 AM
On your list of Collectables, you have items listed but not where to find them. I've gone to all my sites and scrolled to find these items and some are there but when I play, I don't get that item. I've wasted a lot of my gold and energy to get them and come out with nothing.

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Dec 22, 13 12:30 PM
ladyblingbling wrote:5 times now - 7 x envelopes for the brnto stamp - still not got it - and now there are no other quests other than that one - can't move on.

boo, hoo...

Yeah, I had to spend my much needed gold to skip that one too, now I may have to do the same for the Cherry Wood Cutie Quest too. What's going on, do we have to buy a ton of gold bars just to get these items?

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Dec 22, 13 1:39 PM
JB4510 wrote:I'm only able to receive the unique Christmas collectibles offered in the quests, that one time. When I go back to replay, I do not see or receive additional items, such as the Klaus diary. Just wanted to make sure this is the same for everyone and not a bug on my end.

If so, we only get to complete a set one time?? What, do they think they gave away too much of a pretend currency with no true value at Thanksgiving? Isn't Christmas the time for giving?

I guess not, I bought over 200 gold bars since Thanksgiving just so I could get the "Specials" and all I got was "NOTHING!", I didn't get to get the Quest at the Post Office so I could get the doll. I had to pay gold just so I could go on, and NO it didn't give me any new Quests, I gave up on it for almost 3 weeks of spending my gold. So no you're not the only one that has been screwed by Scrooge.

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Dec 22, 13 2:01 PM
pixietamber wrote:I think the person who mentioned the 12 days of Christmas may be right; it's likely at midnight tonight or sometime tomorrow that the quests will start.

Having said that, I did EVERY Quest available in the Thanksgiving version and somehow still only got 15 of 17 quests complete. It did say I had 16 and then took one away so I was unable to gain that achievement.

I'm sitting at level 80 & have taken the past two days to utilize some of my keepsake +10% coins in the Tailor's site so I have lots of coins available in case they offer a sale on food like they did at Thanksgiving & also so I can play numerous times to gain lots of Christmas Collections to gain LOTS of gold bars.

For now, I'm just periodically checking in & out to see if the Christmas Quests have been added & WAITING PATIENTLY until they are.

I'm just getting into level 33 and I can't afford to get anymore gold bars until after New Years when my money hits the bank. How are you able to get to the higher levels unless you are spending a fortune in buying gold bars? I tried to use my free game codes since there is an option in using them at the check-out. Give me some insight in this matter will you please!?!

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

Where to find Christmas Collection Items List

[Post New]by sahobbs on Dec 22, 13 2:08 PM
pixietamber wrote:Now that they've added some of the Christmas items to the hidden object scenes I'm collecting them but still haven't found some; specifically Klaus' Diary, many in the Elf Figurine Collection: Elf Recruitment Poster, Lunchbox, Toolbox & Toy Blueprint as well as Jack's Pendant, Santa's Spectacles and Letter to Santa.

I've started a list of below of where you can find each of the other items.

What I find strange is while each item available can be found in 3 separate locations but the ones (listed above) can't be found ANYWHERE. I guess these will be added in updates at some point.

As per above some are within the hidden object scenes and some are hidden within the puzzles:

Aurora Sextant Collection:

Milk Cookies: 18 Tweezers/Park Ranger & Junkyard & Candy Shop
Santa's Scrap: Chicago Bar & Margaret's House & Oldstein Bank
Ghostly Trail of Santa: Junkyard & Secret Library & Christmas Alley
Klaus' Diary: Collect with special quest on Dec 20 (not sure if you can only ever get one but if so I'm not impressed since I loaded up on all the other collectibles in order to gain extra gold)
Aurora Compass: 18 Magnifying Glasses/Library & Chicago Bar & Guo Antiques

Elf Figurine Collection:

Elf Recruitment Poster: ?
Elf Lunchbox: ?
Elf Boots: 18 Tweezers/Park Ranger & Hotel & Hunting Lodge
Toy Blueprint: Available in Dec 20th Quest (same note as above re: Klaus' Diary)
Elf Toolbox: ?

Jack Frost Figurine Collection:

Jack's Hoodie: 18 Magnifying Glasses/Library & Carnival & Portland Oregon
Jack's Pendant: ?
Winter Orb: 18 Hammers/Toy Repair & Red Mine & Captain Matthews
Pillar O' Winter: Carnival & Charleston West Virginia & Oldstein Bank
Caged Winds of Ice: Red Mine & Boat Builders & Christmas Alley

Santa Doll Collection:

Santa's Spectacles: ?
Santa's Shaving Kit: Doll Shop & Toy Shop & Christmas Alley
Letter's to Santa: ?
Tome of Naughty Nice: 18 Hammers/Toy Repair & Doll Shop & Dolores' Barn
Holly Boxers: Hotel & Pensacola Florida & Oldstein Bank

Yuletide Ran The Owl: Will receive after completing 12 Christmas Quests

Finally, I've completed both of the new scene's to Master Level but still haven't been credited with the trophies. Has anyone else? Also, the scenes won't move out of the first mode of Fast Shopper either.

Jack's Pendant is in a Quest that I just got today, it's part of a 3 item deal: Jack's Pendant, Santa's Spectacles and Klaus' Diary. Jack's Pendant is the Snow Flake puzzle

Edited on 12/22/2013 at 2:09:20 PM PST

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Dec 22, 13 2:17 PM
Jack's Pendant is in the Snowflake Puzzle at the Ranger's Office, I just got the quest today unfortunately it's a one time only so I got Jack's Collection done once. Still got to get Klaus' Diary yet to finish that set. So good luck out there gamers, I missed out on the Thanksgiving Collections due to lack of funds and game bugs that took 10,000 of my coins after the Christmas Collections started and I'm not very happy about that at the moment so I'm not full of the Christmas Spirit.

DrGoldin
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by DrGoldin on Dec 22, 13 6:41 PM
Thanks for the tip! Why didn't I think of that?

osomom wrote:if you leave the quest open you can continue to collect items...got many pendant,glasses,and posters yesterday. didnt know that the 1st day so only got 1 diary and blueprint. has anyone tried leaving quest open past midnight? will you still get the next days if you dont collect reward for today?

dracslady
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by dracslady on Dec 22, 13 6:46 PM
tried leaving quest open doesn't work

[Post New]by pixietamber on Dec 22, 13 10:37 PM

I'm just getting into level 33 and I can't afford to get anymore gold bars until after New Years when my money hits the bank. How are you able to get to the higher levels unless you are spending a fortune in buying gold bars? I tried to use my free game codes since there is an option in using them at the check-out. Give me some insight in this matter will you please!?!

I suggest you look at each of the collections to determine how to get full sets. For example; I filled up multiple sets of hammers & played Tailors 1B repeatedly so I could gain coins again & again. I also looked to see what items would give me quantities like Photography 1a & 1b give you the items you need to get magnifying glasses (can't remember other item but I think it is glue) then I would play those items to fill up my platinum levels.

Ultimately I just tried to gain coins through the tailors & I would buy the 10% upgrade to increase the amount while fulfilling that objective and then use the items to gain my platinum collections.

I did spend some gold bars (eg: graduation gown) on things unavailable but it garnered me 50 envelopes allowing me to get the wedding dress or other items.

I suggest you study the collection items to see where you can get glue, envelopes, magnifying glasses, nets, hooks, gloves,binoculars film, art pallets, thread & hammers in quantities of 10, 15 and occasionally the gold collections. Focus on completing the easier collections as per above of quantities of 10 and that should help you move ahead faster.

Be careful to watch your energy so you don't lose energy when you power up a level. i.e. if you only need a couple hundred to reach the next level than only buy the $800 item in multiples or play mini scenes and then when you reach the next level you haven't wasted coins or gold.

Hope that helps.

DrGoldin
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by DrGoldin on Dec 24, 13 6:43 AM
I'm a couple of levels higher than you and I've never spent a penny on this game. Just do your quests, use your boosts at strategically opportune moments, and you'll find that the game gives you plenty of gold bars just by rewarding you for achievements. Check the "achievements" button to see whether you're close to any milestones.

Speaking of achievements, I'm POSITIVE that I haven't received all the bonuses along the way. Has anyone else noticed this? For example, I just passed 100 overall achievements, which is supposed to be yet another milestone, but I never got anything for it.

If you need cash, play mini-games, especially at the tailor's.

sahobbs wrote:

[Post New]by NatashaD on Dec 27, 13 4:00 AM
I love this game but sometimes think I'm not playing the collectibles as efficiently as I need to. Being the control freak I am, I've created a spreadsheet from the information provided in this forum and through the game itself.

Essentially it gives you the ability to 'sort' the data by Collectible name, Resource needed to earn it, where to earn it (map or mini-game), Collection it belongs to, Level of collectible (bronze etc) and what the full collection gives you. It means you can focus on set collections or using up a particular resource or whatever you like. You can print a copy too if that helps, or just print the section that is relevant to you.

Please PM me with your email address if you'd like me to email you a copy.

Go to: