WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Her

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 2, 13 7:22 AM
jsdykstra wrote:I am having a different puzzle problem, inside the theater hall I go to do the safe and didn't get the code right (didn't realize about the lens) how do you reset it? It doesn't look like there is an option to and that sucks since I don't skip puzzles. Is it a glitch, made this way or is there some reset I don't know about?
The reset button is to the right of the puzzle info "i" button, both on the right hand side of the screen. They only pop up for puzzles so they're not there all the time.

Edited on 12/02/2013 at 7:24:29 AM PST

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by CuttyDarke on Dec 2, 13 4:09 PM
Technical problem with the walk-through and the strategy guide. At no point does it say where CAN OPENER PART A is.

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Dec 2, 13 4:26 PM
I've encountered yet another problem with missing keys in my game, I can't get the last key in the jukebox puzzle. It's where you piece together the records by pressing the buttons on the side, well my buttons do nothing so that mean no third key.

I am on win7 and I think this game is fantastic but I don't understand how important items such as buttons (simple game machanics) are not working properly in such a well put together game.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 2, 13 8:35 PM
CuttyDarke wrote:Technical problem with the walk-through and the strategy guide. At no point does it say where CAN OPENER PART A is.

SPOILER:
CuttyDarke, it's on the rails of the roller coaster, in front of the coaster car.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 2, 13 8:37 PM
Raven_wing wrote:I've encountered yet another problem with missing keys in my game, I can't get the last key in the jukebox puzzle. It's where you piece together the records by pressing the buttons on the side, well my buttons do nothing so that mean no third key.

I am on win7 and I think this game is fantastic but I don't understand how important items such as buttons (simple game machanics) are not working properly in such a well put together game.
Raven_wing, make sure you have the little red teardrop shaped knobs pointed so that the power goes to that portion of the puzzle.

Issues with using tools in the end

[Post New]by Mihoni on Dec 2, 13 9:48 PM
I have been playing the game with no problems, but am now stuck in chapter 14. I have all the candles, but I cannot press/pick up the lighter to light them. And it's the next step I have to take. I have checked with the strategy guide just be sure I am not missing some step.
Have anyone tried this? And is there anything to help fix it without having to start the game all over because that would not be all too fun?

[Post New]by loglady2 on Dec 3, 13 11:00 AM
I sent a letter on tues. Telling them about error code 1401. I followed all of their suggestions as to get it to work. I even tried downloading in a different browser.Nothing worked.a I paid for a game and now it's one week later and I have sent two requests to customer service and nothing. I bought the game the day it came out and can't play it at all. I have been a member for years and this is the worst customer service. The computer is clean and up to date on every aspect. I just got it all upgraded. I am sure they will suggest to do all of the things I have already done and that will delay the fix for another few days. I will return the email and wait. I just want to play the game. Please help NOW Well one week later I did get a reply tried their help and nothing works. Now I am waiting for another suggestion

Edited on 12/03/2013 at 5:34:48 PM PST

[Post New]by xtl052 on Dec 3, 13 9:55 PM
detqueenie wrote:Oh no! The game was running perfectly, but when I solved Bianca's puzzle (the same issue several people are having), the game just froze. I shut it down thru Task Manager, restarted the game, returned to that puzzle, and it froze up again, not letting me do anything. Help! ; )

Same with mine

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 3, 13 10:37 PM
xtl052 wrote:
detqueenie wrote:Oh no! The game was running perfectly, but when I solved Bianca's puzzle (the same issue several people are having), the game just froze. I shut it down thru Task Manager, restarted the game, returned to that puzzle, and it froze up again, not letting me do anything. Help! ; )

Same with mine
Check out the thread "Coaster Car Bomb" at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/263094.page.

[Post New]by iaaaneee on Dec 4, 13 12:14 AM
I'm having a problem with the mini-game inside the Notes, page 19. It is about the navigation of a ship (North, South, East, West, etc.). I tried solving it a number of times, got tired and closed the game. Upon starting the game again, all the little circles are lit up and I can't bring back the ship to its origin (center of palm) though the cursor changes to a hand whenever I point it on the ship. I closed-restarted the game twice but still no improvements. I can provide you with a screenshot but I don't know how/where I will attach it.

[Post New]by iaaaneee on Dec 4, 13 12:15 AM
By the way, I'm on Windows 7.

[Post New]by missymoop on Dec 4, 13 5:54 AM
I was having the same problem with chapter 7: The Roller Coaster freezing whilst trying to save Bianca.

Thanks for the guide to help me carry on. Hitting reset before defusing seems to have solved the problem.

Great game as usual. Well worth the money.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 4, 13 10:44 AM
iaaaneee wrote:I'm having a problem with the mini-game inside the Notes, page 19. It is about the navigation of a ship (North, South, East, West, etc.). I tried solving it a number of times, got tired and closed the game. Upon starting the game again, all the little circles are lit up and I can't bring back the ship to its origin (center of palm) though the cursor changes to a hand whenever I point it on the ship. I closed-restarted the game twice but still no improvements. I can provide you with a screenshot but I don't know how/where I will attach it.

Hi iaaaneee! Welcome to the forum! I, too, had this exact problem and I'm playing on a Mac. (You cannot attach screenshots to these posts.)
Unfortunately I could not figure out a fix, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game but no go. Sorry to say, I just restarted the entire game from the beginning to get back to that part and solve it without closing it out. If it's any consolation the second play through goes much faster especially if you use the map a lot to tell you where active zones are. I sent a report to tech support and have only received two automated replies, so no help there as of yet. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

[Post New]by mynala on Dec 4, 13 2:48 PM
Does anyone know how to reset the ship puzzle in the diary? It's the one where you move the ship around the hand. All the lights are glowing, and the hand icon appears, but the ship is stuck and won't move. And I don't know how to reset the puzzle. I want to be able to finish the puzzle to get to the diary content.

keystone1
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by keystone1 on Dec 4, 13 7:19 PM
I'm like a lot of people very dissapointed BF changed page. And I can download this game but it won't start.Was so looking forward to it. Anyone know why they just can't chan't change home page back. I ask them and never got a good answer. About ready to quit.Don't they care what there customers want.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 4, 13 7:42 PM
mynala wrote:Does anyone know how to reset the ship puzzle in the diary? It's the one where you move the ship around the hand. All the lights are glowing, and the hand icon appears, but the ship is stuck and won't move. And I don't know how to reset the puzzle. I want to be able to finish the puzzle to get to the diary content.
See the post directly above yours….

Phone box

[Post New]by emmanem2 on Dec 5, 13 12:45 AM
Am having a problem in the red phone box. Solved all the puzzles, got all the numbers but the 7 key didn`t do anything when I pressed it at the end of the sequence of numbers I need to dial. Reset the whole puzzle and the timer is not in my inventory but when I went back to the stairs to get it, not there either. What do I do now??

[Post New]by 5iveboys on Dec 5, 13 5:25 AM
Fate's Carnival plays in slow motion! Any help for that?

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Dec 5, 13 7:38 AM
More than halfway through the Bonus section and now, when I click on the cards to go into the bonus game, I get "Loading" but nothing ever happens. My cursor still works and when I alt/ctrl/del the Task Manager says it is running but I have sat staring at the words "Loading" for 5 minutes and nothing is loading. Uninstalled game. Just wonder if anyone else had this problem? It's not worth it to me to reinstall at this stage.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 5, 13 3:46 PM
Hey there,

Just popping in and see that there have been some freezing and loading issues in the game.

5iveboys and romany09, a lot of the time long loading and slowdown in the game can be fixed by updating the video drivers on your computer. I've provided a help article below with some steps to do this on your particular operating system. Just click on the blue text:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still having problems with the game functioning correctly, Uninstalling and Reinstalling the game can replace files that may be lost or missing. Clicking on the blue text will take you to our help article to get that done:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

I also recommend contacting our Tech Support Team and one of our Reps can help troubleshoot the problem.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Go to: