Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Halls: Nightmare Dwellers Here Only!!

[Post New]by Professorlynn on Dec 31, 13 6:23 AM
I have the same problem with an access violation once I place the third gem and the mirror opens.

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Halls: Nightmare Dwellers Here Only!!

[Post New]by janniejan on Dec 31, 13 6:58 AM
Same Problem as everyone else. Really disappointed in the slow response time....or should I say no response. Ready to cancel membership.

richmondl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by richmondl on Dec 31, 13 9:35 AM
I have had the same problem. I don't like to start a game over with a new user name only to have the same results. I love ERS games but it seems that I always have some kind of problem. I have a new laptop and didn't expect the game to freeze. Is there a time frame for the fix?

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 31, 13 9:51 AM
Hello All,

I just wanted to let you know that our developers are still working hard on this access violation issue. We hope to have that resolved for you very soon so you can get back to your games. We'll keep you updated in this thread as we have more information.

Thanks for your patience as we work through this!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by deviltina78 on Dec 31, 13 10:06 AM
Same problem as everyone else, i only brought it today and not happy after reading some have had the problem for a few days so it is known there is a problem why allow people to buy and download it ??? i know it will get sorted but just think if its known there is a problem with a game then in the meantime of a fix being sorted the game should be taken off or down for the time being to stop others wasting money/credits on a game they cant play for however long.

[Post New]by La_Iza on Dec 31, 13 10:40 AM
Downloaded the game a few hours ago, got stuck at the mirror too. I know I have to be patient and that we all are human and make mistakes, but I too think the game should be removed until the problem is solved. If I knew about the problem I wouldn't have wasted money buying it. Not a happy customer right now.

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Dec 31, 13 10:41 AM
I too am having the same problem. And we have to wait for an update? Can we not get our money back or a different game? Hope it is resolved soon.

mamatooch
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mamatooch on Dec 31, 13 11:11 AM
Just for the record, I am stuck at the mirror with the carnelian jewel, too. I'm hoping we will be notified when the glitch is fixed.

[Post New]by venus4267 on Dec 31, 13 12:10 PM
Spooneroonie wrote:Chiming in--same problem here. It's my understanding that the Collector's Edition does *not* have this problem....maybe we all could get a code for that one, instead?

I think that would be a fair compromise. Fed up with waiting for this to be sorted!

[Post New]by cluefinder on Dec 31, 13 12:19 PM
I am also stuck at the mirror. Have unistalled and reinstalled, however it doesn't help
I am not going to reinstall it again. This was my free game too

Candycleve
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Candycleve on Dec 31, 13 12:20 PM
I agree, Venus4276, and sent an e mail to that effect. No word back yet of course. I am really disappointed. Like many here, I have been a member for many years and own hundreds of games. We would like to think our loyalty would be worth more effort on the part of Big Fish.

[Post New]by bendeewendee on Dec 31, 13 3:28 PM
Same problem here. I uninstalled and removed every instance of it from the registry, reinstalled, but no dice. it's funny that I reinstall and it's not exactly a "fresh" install since it picks up where I left off. I thought that by removing it from the registry would remove my game profile but it didn't. In any case, BigFish told me that the issue is being worked on and when it's resolved, it'll be announced here.

[Post New]by smocoz on Dec 31, 13 5:14 PM
Refund or fix!!! Enough already.

[Post New]by JUSTONEPROUDMOM on Dec 31, 13 5:34 PM
Normally I love BFG. But I'm kind of disgusted by this mess. They've known of the issue with this game as of a couple of days ago, and yet today they sold me the flawed version. That's just not right. They need to stop sale of it until they get it fixed. I was really enjoying the game right up until putting the ruby in the mirror. Very disappointed BFG.

[Post New]by bendeewendee on Dec 31, 13 6:20 PM
Big Fish is my gaming authority but I will say that I'm disappointed that they continue to sell this flawed version of the game. I bought it yesterday the 30th and when I look through the forum, the problem existed at least since the 26th. However, in their message to me, they did offer a replacement or I can continue to wait. I'll wait. I have other games to play. As an IT, I understand flaws and all but I would've definitely stopped selling the flawed version.

maat1957
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by maat1957 on Dec 31, 13 6:24 PM
bendeewendee wrote:Same problem here. I uninstalled and removed every instance of it from the registry, reinstalled, but no dice. it's funny that I reinstall and it's not exactly a "fresh" install since it picks up where I left off. I thought that by removing it from the registry would remove my game profile but it didn't. In any case, BigFish told me that the issue is being worked on and when it's resolved, it'll be announced here.

You would have to go into AppData/Roaming and remove it there for it to have a fresh start.

I am having the same error but don't want to start over. I will give them some time and see if they get it figured out. If not, then I will request a refund.

Edited on 12/31/2013 at 6:25:23 PM PST

[Post New]by bendeewendee on Dec 31, 13 6:30 PM
maat1957 wrote:
bendeewendee wrote:Same problem here. I uninstalled and removed every instance of it from the registry, reinstalled, but no dice. it's funny that I reinstall and it's not exactly a "fresh" install since it picks up where I left off. I thought that by removing it from the registry would remove my game profile but it didn't. In any case, BigFish told me that the issue is being worked on and when it's resolved, it'll be announced here.

You would have to go into AppData/Roaming and remove it there for it to have a fresh start.

I am having the same error but don't want to start over. I will give them some time and see if they get it figured out. If not, then I will request a refund.

Hi Maat, yup, I removed it from there too but still I started where I left off from. Wacky. In any case, it wouldn't matter either way. Hey, I wonder if the Collector's Edition has this problem.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 31, 13 6:53 PM
I saw that the Technical Issues thread in the CE forum had also lots of complaints about glitches - other than the one we are experiencing here at the moment.

I think the problem is that ERS is working on way too many games at the same time. That's why they couldn't bring out their Christmas game in time, because they just don't concentrate on just one game at a time - as other developers do - but work on many at the same time. And these glitches are then the end result.

btshack4
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by btshack4 on Dec 31, 13 8:03 PM
I contacted customer support and got a reply Thanks for writing in. We are reaching out to everyone who has mentioned an access violation error or freezing at the mirror in Haunted Halls: Nightmare Dwellers. While we haven't had the chance to read through each and every email yet, we wanted to let you know that we’re working very hard to get back to providing the timely service that we are known for.

The developer has been working hard to resolve this issue since it was identified. We are hopeful that there will be another update released very soon which will clear up the issue.

When an update is released it will be announced on the Haunted Halls: Nightmare Dwellers Forum. There is a link to this below:

Haunted Halls: Nightmare Dwellers Forum

If you would like to replace your game rather than wait for an update, we’ll be more than happy to assist you with the request. Please reply directly to this email and one of our representatives will get back to you personally with a replacement coupon code.

We look forward to hearing from you. You’ll keep your place in line and will receive personalized help when you reply., and i replied to that, and so far, I'm still waiting. i think they shut down and went home to celebrate new years. Not a happy jellyfish

[Post New]by marguerite1212 on Dec 31, 13 8:35 PM
i just bought Haunted Halls Nightmare Dwellers today and got an error access violation at 0x028b0d50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF) program terminated.

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled itbut, I got the same notice. Please help or at least give me back my credit. I'd rather play this game..it seemed kind of fun

Go to: