Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by quanah1953 on Mar 21, 14 10:49 PM
THE ARROWS AFTER LINING UP USING THE COMPASS DIRECTION STILL WILL NOT ACCEPT. JUST SITS THERE AND DOES NOTHING. I CANNOT MOVE ON.

[Post New]by shearer9 on Mar 22, 14 2:01 AM
hi i am playing on windows 8.1. i am over half way through the game with no probs. but i have started to do the coffin scene and since then the doll has stopped working . her eyes are red all the time but when she breathes the help it does not point anywhere . hope you can help.
i started playing the game under another name got along great but then same thing happened got halfway through game and now the game has just stuck again . contacted there tech department twice now and have no reply that was well over a week ago not impressed at all.they say you will have a reply within 72 hours .well all i can say is total rubbish.hope they give me a refund on the two games i have bought what will not play

Edited on 03/23/2014 at 9:17:46 AM PST

[Post New]by ktibbett on Mar 22, 14 12:10 PM
I have had to start the game over twice now as I get an error message stating that my data has been corrupted. This time I'm going to uninstall the game and try installing it again. I am missing a picture of the doll in the diary and sometimes the video sections go dark. I am using Windows 7 64 bit on my laptop. Are there any fixes to be had?

nosake
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nosake on Mar 22, 14 7:16 PM
Poof11 wrote:I too am having the same problem with once the footprint is cleaned with the brush the X is visible but it will not let me pick up the X only the cleaning brush. I have tried to place the brush in all areas surrounding the X and on the X just in case not all of the area was cleaned but to no avail. So, I cannot proceed any further in this game until this glitch is fixed.

Had the same problem and found a work-around. Close the HOG scene and reopen. The brush will be gone and you can get the X.

[Post New]by kycopmom on Mar 23, 14 6:13 AM
Bought this game to play on my laptop (Windows 7). First time around I got stuck in the cellar trying to line the arrows up on the stones with the compass. Followed the guide and it shows they are lined up correctly, but still could not go forward. Started the whole game over and got to the HOS in the trunk of the care. I will not let me pick up the knife to cut the pumpkin. Pr.etty disgusted

[Post New]by debev1 on Mar 23, 14 1:19 PM
silverrevlis wrote:I can't get the faucet to fill the cistern. The guide tells me I'd get it in an HO but I didn't.
I tried reinstalling it, but that didn't do it.

Yeah, I'm there too. Frustrating.. I hope we don't have to trash it and start all over, that would be annoying. Anyone find a fix for this yet?

[Post New]by Neraksh on Mar 23, 14 4:48 PM
Same issue here too - got to the tomb with chess pieces and I don't have an arrow to make the magnet - been all the way round the game looking for it with no hot. No HOP to play anywhere. The little red eyed hint doll is just breathing red gas and giving me no help at all with no option to skip- looks like I'm stuck in limbo. Such a shame as was an excellent game up till now .... Not happy.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Mar 25, 14 1:16 PM
If you look at my post "Good News From The Devs" you'll read that the devs are aware of our problems & are working on a patch.

Personally, I hope they release it soon as I'd really like to play this game without worrying about the glitches

K

[Post New]by EmmyPendle on Mar 26, 14 3:27 PM
I am stuck at the part where you need a winch, I have completed everything that needs to be completed at this point but when I played the HOS I didn't receive the all important winch and am very dissapointed, it is The Collector's edition too, so it was such a waste of my cherished game credits. I have sent a message to the support team so fingers crossed something is done to either fix the game of reimburse me, I will let you know, but having read some people's messages I'm not holding my breath

1Lisa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by 1Lisa on Mar 27, 14 6:18 AM
Cannot get further than the pumpkin ,when following the hint button a small disc appears......It seems to have jumped the part using a knife because the cut out is showing already in the car trunk.

Edited on 03/27/2014 at 10:06:21 AM PST

[Post New]by Seniorplayer575 on Mar 29, 14 6:05 AM
de78lo wrote:I am in the bedroom, in the suitcase and cannot get into the can to get the ladybug.
I click on the can and just get a spinning gear.
You have to pickup knife and click it on the can to cut top open.

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Mar 30, 14 5:07 AM
AFTER ALL THOSE PROBLEMS REPORTED, YOU'D THINK SOMEONE FROM BF TECH DIV. WOULD TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM. I BOUGHT THIS GAME AND HAVE NOT PLAYED IT YET DUE TO SOOO MANY PURCHASED GAMES I'VE HAD. I'M KIND OF SCARED TO DOWNLOAD IT. WHAT NEXT........

[Post New]by maggymay2 on Mar 30, 14 10:19 AM
I would love to buy this game but will not until they have fixed all of the tech issues. So sad to have so many issues on a good game. It takes away the enjoyment of playing the game, which is the reason for buying and playing in the first place. I've gotten where I check the forums for issues be for I buy a game any more.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 1, 14 2:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your posts about the technical issues with the game and I apologize for the inconvenience.

These issues have been escalated to the developer and we are hoping to have more information for you soon. We will be sure to post here in the forums as soon as a patch is released.

If you would like to troubleshoot, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps will be happy to look into this for you.

Thank you for your patience while this is worked on.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by demfrevr on Apr 1, 14 4:39 PM
I can't find the dumb bell to throw down the well. Played the HOS in grandmother's room but it did not get put in my inventory. I performed a forced shut down on the game because it locked up after I tried to play the tapes. It looks like I'm going to start all over again this time.

[Post New]by beany2221 on Apr 1, 14 5:26 PM

Bonus game

[Post New]by beany2221 on Apr 1, 14 5:05 PM
from beany2221

I successfully finished the game but am unable to access the bonus game. A message appears that says I have already finished the game and I should create a new player to play the game. I have not even been able to access the non bonus game either. It says I have finished it (which I have I think.. The ending seemed to end very quickly so I only assume I was at the end.) I tried to re-enter the game to see if I had indeed reached the finish of the game and a message appeared that said I had already finished the game......same message I got when I tried to enter the bonus. I don't want to start over as a different player if there are problems within the game. There seems to be a lot of bugs in the game as mentioned in this forum. Has anyone else experienced this? I also cannot find a way to post my problem in the technical forum for this game.

[Post New]by beany2221 on Apr 1, 14 5:28 PM
OOPS I have found how to post to this forum.

[Post New]by Black_Light_halo on Apr 4, 14 6:54 AM
I bought this game and I've been playing it. I thought I was almost through but it seems to go on forever! I'm stuck and I cannot get any further. I have tried the forum and the strategy guide that comes with CE.

I need to somehow use the hacksaw to get the King chess piece BUT it seems that I missed that part and now there is no going back. I have gone all over the the place trying my hammer, my hachsaw, and my dagger but nothing works. I have read and re-read over and over again. To add to my frustration my HINT doll no longer works at all!!! She just lights up but NO hint!

This just seems impossible to go any further when I keep trying and not getting anywhere.

Help please?

[Post New]by thejagc on Apr 5, 14 8:07 AM
I don´t have the winch i need it so i can turn the toombsone over. I have playd the scene so i should have it. The game dont hint anywhere to, and i dont have any reed ! so i cant get any further.

Kafinkee
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Kafinkee on Apr 5, 14 2:18 PM
Certainly looking forward to the promised patch to come. I started playing this game last night and that's why I'm here -- game play was VERY slow for me and my mouse keeps getting all "floaty", not very responsive. Too frustrating. I'll go on to another game until the fix is available.

Go to: