mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Fright Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 2, 14 12:18 PM
I didn't read rmelones post about the token puzzle until I had already uninstalled and reinstalled the game and that worked for the bus glitch also at least for me.
Keeping fingers crossed that its glitch free from here on.

gamer_girl_09
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by gamer_girl_09 on Jul 2, 14 12:50 PM
EmmSeven20 wrote:
Kimber673 wrote:I was having the same problem of not being able to click on the token on the bus. Then I went to the other room and got the other token first, then went back to get the one on the bus and it worked

Confirmed that this works . Simply go to room #2 and get the first token from the lamp, then go back to the bus.

Thanks so much, as I was about to throw in the towel on this game. Still unacceptable that even after the update there are remaining bugs. We shouldn't have to be coming to the forums to work around glitches like this.

Emm

It didn't work for me. Not even reinstalling or restarting helped.

[Post New]by sienamom on Jul 2, 14 5:55 PM
I can't exit out of the scene where I give the bus driver the bandage. I can move the cursor, but I can't click on anything and my inventory has disappeared. Can't advance past this point. In order to exit I have to do a CTRL/ALT/DELETE and start the task manager and exit out of the game. When I try again the game brings me back to the point where I have to give the bus driver the bandage. Very bummed!

Edited on 07/02/2014 at 6:03:40 PM PST

Gamer_7
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Game freezes, game responds slowly

[Post New]by Gamer_7 on Jul 2, 14 7:48 PM
This is another game where the game does not respond as quickly as I can click my mouse.

I've been playing these games for about 7 years and I've noticed, in some games, if I click too quickly on the next thing, it can cause a problem because the game is still responding to the last thing I clicked. A good example is trying to use an inventory item when the game has not yet actually finished placing it in my inventory.

Some games just make you wait. This game froze on me. I placed the batteries in the remote and the bus came out from under the bed. Immediately I clicked on the bus and the game just froze.

I don't know what the bus is for because each time I click on it now the game freezes. I can go to menu, go back in and do other things. I just can't click on the bus.

I've read several posts and there is a similar theme: The game will not let you perform a certain function. And this problem exists in various parts of the game.

I would bet a cup of coffee that each person clicked before the game was done processing their last move (or last mouse click).

I will try creating a new profile and I might actually contact tech support.

But I get tired of glitchy games. While it doesn't happen often, over the years, it's happened often enough that I am not even sure I want to bother getting a fix for it.
I might just wait for an update to appear in my game manager.

So if you happen to be reading this thread wondering if you should even bother trying or buying the game, my advice is: If you choose to try or buy, wait on the game to respond before clicking on the next thing, either on the screen or in your inventory. Yup, the game runs slow.

[Post New]by nycsweetie312 on Jul 3, 14 2:06 PM
Every time I give the bus driver the bandage, the game freezes and he tries to stand up until I close the game. Is anyone else having this issue? Will it be fixed?

Koff
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Koff on Jul 3, 14 3:39 PM
I keep getting stuck in the close-up scene with the bus driver, after I give him a bandage for a splint for his leg & a car drives by, I cannot get out of the scene! I have uninstalled , reinstalled. Even downloaded the one update for the game, it still does not work right. Someone needs to work on this issue. We pay good money for these games I expect them to work by the time it's published. Hope they fix it soon, seems like it could be a good game. Really like the graphics.

mizmoose
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mizmoose on Jul 3, 14 10:26 PM
I cannot play the bonus scene. It starts, a cut scene runs, then a phone rings. I turn on a light, answer the phone, and at the bottom of my screen is a list of things to collect... but no way to get at an inventory of things I pick up, so I cannot use anything!

FWIW I just picked up the update.

Edited on 07/03/2014 at 10:26:55 PM PST

betyboo
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by betyboo on Jul 4, 14 5:13 AM
mizmoose wrote:I cannot play the bonus scene. It starts, a cut scene runs, then a phone rings. I turn on a light, answer the phone, and at the bottom of my screen is a list of things to collect... but no way to get at an inventory of things I pick up, so I cannot use anything!

mizmoose
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mizmoose on Jul 4, 14 8:20 AM
Betyboo, are you saying you have the same issue or did you have some idea of what's going on?

Edited on 07/04/2014 at 8:20:53 AM PST

Sugarbella
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Sugarbella on Jul 4, 14 9:34 AM
What is going on with some of the newer games lately? Lately I don't even bother reporting the tech issues (largely because I feel foolish - I mean, I'm an adult playing video games! ).

I really liked the premise of this game - however, the technicality issues brings this game to a screeching halt. I work in the technology field and want to ask -- "Who is your QA team?".

1. Sluggishness. I play this on a desktop PC Win 7 64bit, FX8350 8 core cpu, 16GB ram, 3GB graphics, realtek hd sound. I am not going to mess around with my computer to play a video game - no one should.
2. Voice doesn't always catch up with text or work at all.
3. In my case, after giving the girl her inhaler -- it just "hangs". That is, I can't proceed to the radio and I can't leave the scene. According to other fishies, it happens to them at different scenes.

So anything good about this game is being overshadowed by technical issues. It looks like everyone should stop playing and wait for a rerelease!

Best!

[Post New]by julesmarie on Jul 4, 14 12:51 PM
Still not happy with this game, even after two updates I have downloaded, it still does not play the sound correctly, if I had bought this from a shop, I would have taken it back and got a full refund, !!

Played it through twice ( how boring ) just to see if all was ok ? to get the full affect of the game, it didn't happen, I think we should be given a refund if wanted, or choose a game for free, this was not good enough, and not fair.

[Post New]by leicavirgin on Jul 4, 14 2:40 PM
mawhiteing wrote:Has anyone else had a problem with the scene where the Bus driver is on the ground offering you the Badge and once you take the badge, the game will not allow you to exit out of the close up? I managed to find a way out of the scene so I could use the badge and continue further into the game, but when I returned to the bus to help the driver...He was still Offering me the badge (even though I had already taken and used it) and I still couldn't get the inset to close.

I had this same problem with the demo and cannot get past this - the badge is in my inventory, but the bus driver is still offering it...and cannot proceed with he gme

[Post New]by Stanj1 on Jul 4, 14 6:46 PM
Game played fine, just finished popping corn in the owners house. Saved the game, exited, and went to dinner, and now cannot get the game to play.

I get to the main menu screen, select play and the screen begins to fade out, but can still barely see the main menu items.

I have installed the update, uninstalled, reinstalled, all to no avail. No matter what I do, I can only get to the same point where the menu fades almost to black like it's going to play, but never goes beyond that.

Any ideas?

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Jul 5, 14 5:46 AM
Really appreciate the updates the developer has provided, but even after installing the second update I still couldn't make the hose operational in the Bonus Game. It's still hangeing in the air. I can move it around, and that's it. Maybe the issue would solve itself if I started the whole game over. But I'm not in the mood for that right now. Pity I couldn't finish the Bonus Game, but I'm uninstalling the game now.

Injun1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Injun1 on Jul 5, 14 12:47 PM
I downloaded the update for Fright now my computer is telling me the disk is corrupt. What can we do about it HELP

problem in the room where the hurt bus driver was laying in the bed

[Post New]by texsinger on Jul 5, 14 2:41 PM
after the driver leaves the room, and after getting the batteries for the remote... i put the batteries in the remote and switch it on.. the little bus comes out from under the bed.. and then nothing happens.. i can't click on anything, can't exit the room.. nothing.. i have to click on menu to get out of the room... i've tried several times going back in that room, but after the bus comes out from under the bed, nothing works..

help!!!

bluesea30
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bluesea30 on Jul 5, 14 2:52 PM
Other than the voices being WAY out of sync, I've had no problems up until I reached the soda machine, some of the clips refuse to move, I thought I was doing it wrong so I've hit reset a million times, but the same clips still won't budge. It may seem like small potatoes but when you pay to play a game, particularly a CE, you expect everything to work correctly. It really annoys me I have to skip through mini games, hope this is the only glitch I find.

lsr103
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Can't light the water tower lantern.

[Post New]by lsr103 on Jul 5, 14 3:52 PM
Is anyone else coming unstuck on this? I can't light the candle on the signal lantern on the water-tower - The gas-lighter doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

jfog
Clownfish
Clownfish
991 Posts

[Post New]by jfog on Jul 6, 14 2:14 PM
mizmoose wrote:I cannot play the bonus scene. It starts, a cut scene runs, then a phone rings. I turn on a light, answer the phone, and at the bottom of my screen is a list of things to collect... but no way to get at an inventory of things I pick up, so I cannot use anything!

I had the same problem after installing both updates. Just before starting the bonus, I had looked at the re-playable games in the Extras. Go back into the Gift Shop, click on the TV and then the first re-playable that looks like an old TV test pattern - one that you have not played in the main game. It will be immediately after the ones that show you the actual hidden object scene. That reset the bonus so that it started correctly for me.

Even with all of the glitches and updates, this is a wonderful game and I enjoyed the heck out of it!

[Post New]by dixiesteve on Jul 7, 14 2:26 PM
Hey! I made it all the way through the game with low volume problems but that was it. I really liked the game, no other hitches - then I started the bonus game. I made it to the "ritual site" or whatever, and the screen went black. I had to basically shut down, and start the bonus game again. I've tried it three times and the same thing keeps happening. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

Go to: