ibetican
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by ibetican on Dec 25, 14 2:32 PM
error on interview questions. I am at level 42 paid for interview got message that i must pass level 17, also at top said (debug quiz info label) can u help me?

[Post New]by pgcollier on Jan 2, 15 3:22 AM
When will there be a new update? I have completed al the quest and are playing the same scenes over and over. Can not seem to open the next level in the scenes. I am at level 55.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 9, 15 9:51 AM
Roulette table timed quest is not working properly.

I got the play and win 20 games of roulette in an hour quest twice. The first time I won it did not register the win. So I did a test - I placed a 5 token bet on every number and every outside areas so there was an opportunity to win something no matter where the marble landed. I repeated the bet 3 times for a decent test.

I received the coins I won each time, but still it did not register a win. Stuck on 0/20.

The roulette table DOES register wins if it is in regular play mode. But it will NOT register a win in the timed quest mode.

KaveBB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by KaveBB on Jan 9, 15 10:43 PM
This new update is great news! I have continued playing the game and building up my crystals, gold, and energy level in anticipation of this. I am concerned, though. The last time I updated (September), it erased all of my progress and I had to start completely over. How do I protect myself from this happening again??? I sure appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

roseyfur
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by roseyfur on Jan 10, 15 7:53 AM
The roulette challenge works for me. The card quest doesn't. Once I pick the card the
game freezes and the only way to get out of it is to shut down the computer. I am getting NightFall.exe has stopped working. Windows will close the game message.

Edited on 01/10/2015 at 5:45:39 PM PST

baroukers
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by baroukers on Jan 14, 15 2:15 PM
I have completely LOST all my progress on my game. It was reset sometime between yesterday afternoon and today, and now it's treating me as a new player. I had just paid off the newly lowered cost of the detective's license (Thanks for lowering the cost after I finally earned the $50,000 to pay off the original price, without spending anything.).
I don't gamble in real life, so the card games and roulette really don't interest me, but I am glad to finally be getting quests rather than playing only for coins and experience.
I am also very upset that almost every place to search has some sort of obstacle most of the time. The fog is the most annoying of all of them, and it seems to be the one most often showing up. When I can look at my screen, and everyplace is covered in fog, which has happened before, it makes the game much less fun.

sc51
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by sc51 on Feb 8, 15 7:15 PM
Playing game on windows 8. Have reached level 47. Game will only show to catch the wolf. Will not allow any thing else to come. It is stuck on this level.

[Post New]by monkeymamar on Feb 18, 15 9:00 AM
sc51 wrote:Playing game on windows 8. Have reached level 47. Game will only show to catch the wolf. Will not allow any thing else to come. It is stuck on this level.

I'm having the same problem!

[Post New]by PopQuiz on Mar 8, 15 7:53 PM
I got a new laptop downloaded the game. When I opened it up to play instead of going to the last level I was on it started at the very beginning. I have lost all my progress and don't know how to get it back. I really didn't want to start over again even though there is nothing going on in the game right now. Very aggravating.

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Mar 14, 15 12:07 AM
Hi... I'm fairly new to this game and am enjoying it, but.... every time I click on something my screen flashes black for a second then the game resumes... sometimes! Other times it has backed out to the Game App while the game is still running, others... it has blacked out and come back up showing paused, but I am unable to resume the game (it won't come out of pause) and I have to do a forced shutdown. Any one else have this problem?

[Post New]by frequentfrog on Mar 17, 15 3:11 AM
I have a few issues since the last new update.

The Legran's House is suddenly closed, making me unable to catch the werewolf.

Some of the quests line up too deeply, rolling the last one off screen and making it unclickable.

When I levelled up to level 36 I received gifts, my experience went up and my energy was fully restored BUT the level number under my avatar did not change from 35 to 36 and now I have quests lining up with a lock on them saying I can only play those when I'm on level 36.

sarah377
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by sarah377 on Mar 17, 15 10:22 AM
Hi, could you help me urgently? I had to uninstall the game because of a virus on my computer. I reinstalled it after the update (on the same computer) and found I was back on level 1 and all my progress was lost!

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 17, 15 3:24 PM
sarah377, if this game is anything like Midnight Castle, you have to save your game on a thumb drive. That way, when you've had to recover your computer or bought a new one, you can replace the existing game files with the files on the thumb drive and the BF server can then find you.

If you didn't save the game, contact CS with your ID No. to see if they can restore your game. It will take some time though.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 17, 15 3:29 PM
Hi sarah377,

I see that there is some trouble with your progress in this particular game after uninstalling due to a virus on your computer. I'm so sorry to hear about that.

It is recommended to contact our Technical Support Team in regards to this issue. They can help offer troubleshooting steps.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by momrocks2014 on Mar 18, 15 5:41 PM
I am also unable to play the wolf/sick child after the update. It shows that it is locked. My quests are also off the screen and I bet if I level up it won't show that I have. What's the problem? Why is the update working for some but not others?

[Post New]by Takara_Soong on Mar 18, 15 8:00 PM
How do you unlock Legran's House, Rue de La Reynie St and the Crystal Maker locations? Before and after this latest update I've only been getting collection quests. It says I've 100% completed the first mystery.

[Post New]by JeharraVixen on Mar 19, 15 9:00 AM
Since the new update Legran's House and Rue de La Reynie St. are both locked. These were previously unlocked.

[Post New]by frequentfrog on Mar 21, 15 2:40 AM
I had the same problem after the update with the Legran's house and the streets locking up, but for me it sorted out itself on its own out a day or two later. So there may be hope for you yet.

The failed levelling is more inconvenient and I don't think that will fix itself. The game still thinks I'm a level behind because the counter got stuck shortly after the update. I gathered enough experience to levell up again later and then the counter did go up (so it got unstuck on it's own) but it went up only once which means I have enough experience to be at level 38, but the counter says I'm only on 37. The game actually managed to confuse itself with all that. It seems to know I should be at level 38 so it is already giving me quests for level 38, but since the counter says I'm only at 37, the quests are locked and unaccessible. Would kind of funny if they weren't clogging up my quest list with locked quests.

(I did contact support, but only got a standard mail with common problems so far. I'd have to mail again with the specifics but I then have to find my player ID and silly enough I'm having trouble finding in the game. Any ideas where i can find that?)

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Mar 21, 15 8:32 PM
Currently Level 32
1. Received timed quest for crystal at level 30. Clicked "Go there" but crystal house location remained locked. Quest expired and was removed.
2. Received timed quest to get medicine for a dog(?)-[can't remember the exact quest]- at level 30. Clicked "go there" but location remained locked. Quest expired and was removed.

These locations remain locked after gaining 2 levels and I have not received any other quests for either of these locations. I checked to see if there was any updates for the game (there aren't) and haven't had any other issues with freezing or crashing.

Is something wrong with my game? Thanks in advance!

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Mar 24, 15 8:30 AM
I completed the last day today giving the milk to the dog. Nothing...no door handle...just reset back to day one.

Go to: