Seniors

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:Seniors

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 22, 14 5:09 PM
patriciabasford wrote:I vote aye I am 69 years old and I am thoroughly enjoying Midnight Castle.

My current problem is that no matter how many times I get the message that I've "LEVELED UP" I remain stuck on Level 8 with the completion bar stuck at 100. Has anyone had a similar problem?

"HELP" would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Pat

Pat,
There's some confusion at first on the leveling up. Each of the HOS has 5 levels with increasing numbers of objects to find, and when you collect enough points to go to the next one you get the message you've levelled up and it gives you some coins. This is not the same as the game level you're on, which is 8. The way you can tell which is which is by when it happens. A HOS level up happens when you've finished the HOS and it's calculating your new total points, before you click on OK and get your item. The game level up happens when you get stars for completing a quest. I got completely confused by this one myself when we had some new HOS open at level 20-something. I forgot because all my HOS were maxed out at an hour refresh. It wasn't a senior moment, really .
Rose
And of course, as gernespieler said, check out the strategy guide. That spot in the game is one where the logic you're used to fails and the guide has the answers.

Edited on 07/22/2014 at 5:11:22 PM PST

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Jul 22, 14 6:29 PM
rosiebvt wrote:
llaurelwreath wrote:
texgranny wrote:CJ here in Georgetown, Texas (near Austin). Love this game! Just got 2 twin great-granddaughters this last Friday! So lots happening in this area.

Congratulations Grandma. My mother had triplet boys 55 years ago.

You had to grow up with triplet brothers???? Congratulations and sympathies to you!

I was the oldest of 8 children and had 5 brothers. Even now they don't tell me anything they think I won't like without a running head start. I love them, all dearly.

BoiseDon
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BoiseDon on Jul 22, 14 6:37 PM
Hey I'm surprised at the number of seniors also I'm 74 myself. My friend code is 171007 and I'm Level 31

tweens63
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tweens63 on Jul 22, 14 7:43 PM
Greetings and salutations, everyone! Just turned 50 last year so I guess I qualify for this list, lol! Would love some friends in the game...my friend code is 304474. Happy gaming to you!

carsnanny
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Seniors

[Post New]by carsnanny on Jul 22, 14 8:08 PM
Shirleygames wrote:Was surprised to see how many 60+ people are playing Midnight Castle, and here I thought I was the only one. I would loved to befriend other grey haired Castle addicts. My friend code is 45804. I am 66 and on level 28.

Ive sent a friend request. An old lady of 62. Got to do something to keep the brain working.

Edited on 07/22/2014 at 8:09:37 PM PST

Fool666
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Fool666 on Jul 23, 14 5:38 AM
Idjit here. 187907 -- that's my player ID NOT my age (for a bit anyway). 63 and quite insane courtesy of this game I think.

[Post New]by DarkJackness on Jul 23, 14 5:46 AM
'Allo All! I'd like to be part of your Elders Group. I'm Jack. I'm on level 11. I'm just on the start of my Fifties.

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Jul 23, 14 6:33 AM
DarkJackness wrote:'Allo All! I'd like to be part of your Elders Group. I'm Jack. I'm on level 11. I'm just on the start of my Fifties.

Hiya Jack and welcome to the MC Forum!

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Jul 23, 14 8:07 AM
Halooooo fellow seniors! I would love to join the group! I still don't know what I am doing but am really enjoying the game (minus the frustrating parts, lol)

NeenaL I have a sis named Nina! and I also played played Zelda and Mario too back in the day!!! My kids taught me

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Jul 23, 14 1:19 PM
Woo Whooo! Diva D! We welcome all who have endured the technology time warp.....did you ever think we'd be playing a game via the air.....no wires etc...mind bending when I think about the good ole Zelda & Mario days!!! I did manage to save the princess in Mario....don't know about MC ...wait and see! Lol....Happy Gaming!!!

ScottishMags
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by ScottishMags on Jul 23, 14 1:29 PM
Just a BIG thank you to the players who became my friends.. Thank you.. And has any one actually broken the 300,000... Seems so hard to get there..
Margaret

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Jul 24, 14 8:15 AM
Hi to all! Adding another Australian to the mix. I am almost (in a week and a half's time) 63 though certainly don't feel or think that old. Except when the grandkids come around and call my husband & I "dinosaurs" because we are slow on the technological uptake. Been reading some of the posts to my husband & he suggested we should be called Jurassic Jokers (dinosaur pun intended). He has the aussie warped sense of humour. Golden Gamers sounds better to me.
This is my third attempt at MC. Started last December and lost my game in the January' snafu' (was level 18). Tried again in March and reached (you guessed it) level 18 in May and then my computer died. New computer and this evening I ticked over into level 19 (yahoo). I think I will idle here for awhile & savour my victory, also see to my pets (hatched & unhatched). New to forums & thoroughly enjoy reading the posts/found the strategy guide (wish I had known about it my 2 other attempts). People can be so helpful. Would love some friends. Enjoy your gaming.
Dorothy

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on Jul 24, 14 8:19 AM
Well Dorothy I am not one of this gang but I am glad you started the game again. And like my forum name says I am 50 - well for a few more month anyway. I still play on level 24 because of what everyone wrote in this forum - I will take my time reaching the top.

[Post New]by westiemama2 on Jul 24, 14 11:55 AM
May I please join too? I am 71 years young! I am totally addicted to this game. It is like turning a corner and each time you see something new...with the updates I mean. Patience is a must for sure and all your comments are wonderful.

[Post New]by FishyFlyTyer on Jul 24, 14 1:41 PM
Hello All!! In spite of the fact that it is storming and raining cats and dogs , this must be my lucky day . New update and I just won a HIPPO egg from the dragon on my first roll !!!! UNBELIEVABLE LUCK !!!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 24, 14 4:59 PM
Congrats on the hippo. Commiseration on the cats and dogs, we had the same here yesterday .

[Post New]by FishyFlyTyer on Jul 24, 14 6:57 PM
Avill has just recieved a GIFT from "John" ???? Weird or what? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 24, 14 7:12 PM
I've heard of it happening rarely. I think it's just the devs tweaking us .

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jul 25, 14 12:25 AM
Welcome Aussie Dot from one Aussie to another.

Hit 66 on the 24th(yesterday our time)

Trixie Belle AU

Edited to add.

Since they left Tasmania off the Map on the Commonwealth Games swimsuits, we may not be Australian much longer LOL

Edited on 07/25/2014 at 12:26:42 AM PST

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jul 25, 14 12:52 AM
AnnaDownes01 wrote:Welcome Aussie Dot from one Aussie to another.

Hit 66 on the 24th(yesterday our time)

Trixie Belle AU

Edited to add.

Since they left Tasmania off the Map on the Commonwealth Games swimsuits, we may not be Australian much longer LOL

Happy belated birthday!

Go to: