gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

Re:An Urgent Letter to Big Fish Games

[Post New]by gernespieler on Oct 6, 14 1:41 AM
As there are so many complaints I decided to check into my game once more to find out if there are the same problems and after doing approx. half a round of the HOS I am really glad that I stopped playing. Might be my bad memory, but I cannot remember that so many HOS gave 2 parts only besides the coin rewards that are more and more stolen = not added to my account. They seem to have reduced the quantity of parts given from the HOS and so it is no wonder that there are no
stamps , that pet food gets really rare and so do some of the airship parts.

Patzy140
Clownfish
Clownfish
528 Posts

[Post New]by Patzy140 on Oct 6, 14 6:54 AM
You're right about that gernespieler. They were usually three and occasionally four. Now two seems to be the norm.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Oct 6, 14 2:03 PM
Hi StoysToys, nice to see a visitor from another forum again. I play AK till my bar runs out also.
Dot, I wasn't happy that they tried to make me update either so I didn't.
Eden, the only replies we've gotten from have been posted in the threads.
I'm hoping that they're keeping up with this thread. Optimistically thinking that we still might make a difference in the next update. The gift of time will bring quality?

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 6, 14 3:21 PM
Shall I hold my breath?

[Post New]by mycatsarefrench on Oct 6, 14 5:03 PM
I am a relative newbie - only at level 11. But I have become so bored with the same old/same old - I can only play for 20 minutes before all my HOS are locked up for an hour and they are not that interesting any more - same old stuff in the same old places. Have a ton of money in my stash, but for what? There's nothing to buy. I have to have "diamonds", but I can't purchase any. I really liked this game when I started it 2 months ago, but it has become a bore and a drag. Finally said "why am I bothering?", the developers are never going to let me get anywhere unless I spend a bunch of $$$ and I am unwilling to do that. I'd rather buy a game outright and know what my cost is than keep throwing $$$ at a game that had so much promise, but has disappointed so much.

Oh, forgot to mention - I deleted MC from my program files. Will never look back.

Edited on 10/06/2014 at 5:12:05 PM PST

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Oct 6, 14 11:04 PM
Mes chats est francais, ahhh, c'est la vie. I'm sorry that the game disappointed you so. At level 11, I was okay with it. If you'd gotten farther, your money would've gone very quickly opening new areas and crafting. Anyway, welcome to the forum. It's a nice place, people can be a bit on the nutty side but we're usually polite. I saw you visited our war thread...that's where the truly bonkers reside and a better bunch you'll never find. If you'd like to visit again, you're welcome.

Edited on 10/06/2014 at 11:05:46 PM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 7, 14 8:04 AM
I notice that when we put out the Urgent Letter to Big Fish Games, it warranted a meeting so they could do "damage control" by locking forums. My question now, is why have we not received an answer to this letter? It has been two weeks. Surely Big Fish understands that there ARE players who are paying to play these games (and as I've said before, if you are FTP that's fine, because that is the way the games are advertised) but if they expect us to continue to visit the Big Fish banks, they need to do better on improving the quality of game play. AND they need to have a meeting so they can respond to our letter and show that they care about those who play these games, most specifically Midnight Castle and Awakening Kingdoms.

Many people love MC and I did too, but now find myself practically falling asleep at the computer during the endless merry-go-round of collecting 50, 30, 20, 10 coins per HOS to open scene after scene at 6k, 12k, 15k, while at the same time trying to gather enough coin to craft items for 2k, 4k... And all of this without a unique stamp to be had.

As far as AK is concerned the new update is beautiful...except for the FIND quests. Going to Dawnshadow Lake 20 times in a row for 5 Skycrystal Shields and still not getting even one, is also boring.

The commonality I see in both games is endless searching for required items that continue to elude us. BF please address your "business model" on these FTP games. It is way out of whack.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Oct 7, 14 4:54 PM
I agree with No Fish. Why haven't we got an "I'm sorry, we're trying, update coming along per your specs" post from Big Fish?

FrankieKY
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by FrankieKY on Oct 8, 14 8:01 AM
I agree with NoFish and Vlania. Why has there been NO response from BFG??? BFG management certainly knows about the concerns of many of their customers (because the mods said they would pass them on), yet they have not given us, their customers, the courtesy of an official reply. Many spent a lot of time gathering information and crafting a thoughtful constructive request for change. Many more agreed and voiced their support.

If BFG management thinks it is inappropriate to respond in the forum, then management could PM each of us that posted on this thread.

To me this shows a blatant disregard for their customers' concerns. It is rude, disrespectful and a very bad business practice to ignore a direct question from a group of customers. In fact, I really can't believe that they have chosen to ignore this thread. Do they think this will just go away? Well, what will go away are their customers and their reputation.

Extremely disappointed,
Frankie

Lestat195
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Lestat195 on Oct 8, 14 10:21 AM
I am in complete agreement with this letter to BFG. The thing I find in particularly bad form in this game is the Crafting Wheel. DEVELOPERS: Why would you set the wheel with items that never come up when the wheel stops. It is always money, food, crystal balls and wands, which can be useful. But, I would like to see inventory item or egg show up as well! The drop rate on food and unique/unusual stamps are terrible. But, I will give you credit for the Tournaments!

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Oct 8, 14 10:55 AM
Think you Frankie and Lestat for the affirmation. Lestat, you and your toothy, nocturnal friends make me a good kind of scared LOL
"The new update is here" thread doesn't look promising. It says that there are more bug fixes (their new money maker, tourneys, taking precedence apparently), get PCs ready for tourneys and new stuff. A couple of players got the elusive stamps...random luck? Or the drop rate fixed? It'd be nice to see a bulleted list of the update's contents. Waiting patiently.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Oct 8, 14 11:44 AM
I compiled this Suggestion List from various threads players posted over several months. I had been urged to post here, but after reading bfgVaiya's post "To begin, each game forum has its own "Suggestions to the Developer" thread. These threads exist for the purpose of letting the devs know what you want changed in the game and how you feel about changes that were made. These threads are the best place for any suggestions and feedback on games." I decided to try and find that thread. The only one found was not a stickied thread, which I feel bfgVaiya's post implies. That original thread has once again found its way to the bottom so I am posting here in the hopes it does some good.

1. Use the Gift Box for a Friend to send an item of your choice to a friend. Either something already on their wishlist or anything else.

2. To make gifting a little easier, show how many of each item you have in inventory that a friend is asking for. Eliminates the need to go back and forth from Inventory to Friends Page.

3. Give players a real chance of winning some of the mouth-watering items on the crafting wheel.

4. Please, for the love of pete, fix the disappearing coins for flowers.

5. Add a confirmation window in case you accidentally click the wrong thing...this is especially needed as the window gets more crowded with icons.

6. Add some additional achievements..maybe on the order of clicking on the Knights, we could click on the Kracken, or on the baby crocodile, etc.

7. Program more than one HO scene to find core items, such as immortal treasure, grasping handle, rune stone, wand, etc.

8. Increase number of gifts to friends or allow gifting twice a day.

9. Someone suggested purchasing an upgrade that would increase the amount of coins earned in higher levels.

10. Having a second Fortune Wheel with just stamps and pet food on it.

11. Program greater rewards from quests and HO scenes as costs increase in higher levels.

12. Add a delete button to the Friends screen so we can once and for all delete friends hanging out in the twilight zone.

13. Please add that blasted 20th pet. There have been all kinds of suggestions as to what that pet should be.

14. Sale on coins and/or diamonds as Bedazzles has requested numerous times.

15. Fix the find path for the daily quests.

16. Stop utilizing the same items from the same HO scenes for the same crafted items for newly opened areas. Use the wide gamut of scenes now open and vary the items needed.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Oct 8, 14 12:20 PM
Hey Everyone

Just popping in to help answer a few questions.

The suggestion threads are not usually stickied, as they're generally included in the Helpful Links threads. I did notice that there appears to have been an oversight that allowed the Midnight Castle suggestions to escape, but I've tracked it down, and it's now in the Helpful Links.

The link can be found under the heading: Suggestions and Ideas for Future Updates. We will double check to make sure the suggestion threads for the other games are also easily found.

We really do appreciate the continued feedback you've been providing, and we're always sharing your words with the teams responsible for each Free to Play game. We're continuing to work with the devs to get your feedback implemented in future updates.

If there is an opportunity for us to post a detailed response that's broad enough to apply to all the games, we will definitely take that opportunity to communicate that information with you.

I hope this helps to answer some questions, but if there's anything of concern, please feel free to PM a Mod.

bfgVaiya

Edit for typo

Edited on 10/08/2014 at 12:25:29 PM PST

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 8, 14 12:36 PM
Brilliant, bfgVaiya We can now all post in that thread so we know where we are. It's never been in there before so that's really very useful now.

whitebutterfly, you need to put your brilliant post in there

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 8, 14 12:54 PM
If I am to understand bfgVaiya, we will be hearing nothing unless "it is broad enough to cover all FTP games". As that won't be possible since the letters in other forums were removed or locked, the only thread is this one, pertaining mostly to Midnight Castle. It would have made sense for BF, in my opinion, to investigate & speak with developers for each game individually as all have concerns, but removing the opportunity for player feedback eliminated that possibility. So, how about addressing the players of Midnight Castle specifically since that is pretty much what the mods boiled it all down to by leaving only this thread open, and because of that, it is mostly what you will find here? What do the developers think of our suggestions? Which are they considering? I am sure they have been discussed, or if not, why not?

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 8, 14 1:28 PM
NoFishToday wrote:If I am to understand bfgVaiya, we will be hearing nothing unless "it is broad enough to cover all FTP games". As that won't be possible since the letters in other forums were removed or locked, the only thread is this one, pertaining mostly to Midnight Castle.

that is my understanding too.

I think the problem is that the complaint letter WAS about 16 games - evidenced by the letter posted in those 16 game forums.
To be honest if anyone has a problem with 16 games in one genre they should just stop playing them, there is no way such a complaint will be taken seriously.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Oct 8, 14 1:47 PM
Hey NoFishToday

Our posting will definitely not be restricted to just broad information encompassing all of the games. Should we hear anything, either regarding all of the games or one specific game, please be assured, we will post it in the relevant forum. At this time, we've shared the information we have, but as soon as we hear anything at all, we will post this.

The devs do want to make all of the games really great for their players. They will continue working on the games from their end.

As mentioned before, the purpose of this thread is for the general discussion of the letter on the first page. For discussing specific games, the players of those games are very welcome to post in those forums. We really appreciate all the feedback received, and we are sharing them with the appropriate teams in each case.

bfgVaiya

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 8, 14 2:04 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey NoFishToday

Our posting will definitely not be restricted to just broad information encompassing all of the games. Should we hear anything, either regarding all of the games or one specific game, please be assured, we will post it in the relevant forum. At this time, we've shared the information we have, but as soon as we hear anything at all, we will post this.

The devs do want to make all of the games really great for their players. They will continue working on the games from their end.

As mentioned before, the purpose of this thread is for the general discussion of the letter on the first page. For discussing specific games, the players of those games are very welcome to post in those forums. We really appreciate all the feedback received, and we are sharing them with the appropriate teams in each case.

bfgVaiya

Thanks for the clarification!

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Oct 8, 14 4:22 PM
Thank you, wb for the list. I commend you on the amount of work it took to research, we know first hand. A few of your suggestions we hadn't come across, they're good ones.
I'm sure the devs, with their creative minds, would love to add to our beloved games. Unfortunately, Big Fish holds the reins. If it isn't okayed by them, we never see the ideas. I'm still waiting patiently for the Money Men to see the light, it's only been a few weeks and I have no idea how long it takes to code, but I have to say Dwellers, I'm losing hope. Mr. Simonsen had the backbone to post in AK, I just wish that a muckety muck from Big Fish would do the same, posting what if any of our ideas are being implemented and the expected ETA. Rainbow thinking, right?

Disheartened, Anessa

btroi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by btroi on Oct 11, 14 12:53 PM
I agree!

Go to: