EdsMom311
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by EdsMom311 on Dec 7, 14 10:22 AM
THIS MAY BE A NEW PROBLEM WITH THE GAME. I AM PLAYING MAC, NOT THE NEWEST VERSION OF OPERATING SYSTEN THOUGH.
ANYWAY. I GET TO THE PART WAY IN THE GAME WHEN I HAVE TO COLLECT ALL THE PAGES FROM THE NOTEBOOK. OK NO PROBLEM EXCEPT THAT WHEN I CLICK ON THE LAST PAGE TO FIND MY COMPUTER SENSES SOMETHING AND SHUTS IT DOWN. I HAVE RE-STARTED, TRASHED AND RELOADING NOW, WHICH IS TAKING FOREVER!

ANYBODY HAVING THIS PROBLEM?
STRESSFUL WHEN IT'S A NEW GAME......

KATHLEEN-EDS-MOM

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Dec 8, 14 6:16 AM
Day 13 and still no reply to my CS ticket w/Felix file attached regarding this game! Still unable to successfully download and play it.

HolyCarp
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by HolyCarp on Dec 8, 14 4:41 PM
stuck in the car with lots of others. Windows 7 64 home premium. So same problem has been happening since Nov.? Not a happy camper.
Since reading the pages of problems it seems I have more glitches to look forward to. HMPHHHH

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Dec 9, 14 4:36 AM
I am still waiting for BFG to address the Trojan issue, why is it taking so long for a moderator to come in and update us? BFG used to be on top of things like this.

Achievements glitch

[Post New]by jaynebadpup on Dec 9, 14 5:22 AM
I played this game all the way through on the hardest setting, and I gained all the achievements except for the special one and the ones for completing puzzles without using hints. Since the hints were locked and unavailable I should by default have been awarded these achievements upon completion of the game. That being said I really don't care that much, but I'm sure someone will care. I think other than that the game was pretty fabulous and I enjoyed the extra hard playing level.

[Post New]by missycat4player on Dec 9, 14 9:32 AM
read61 wrote:I am still waiting for BFG to address the Trojan issue, why is it taking so long for a moderator to come in and update us? BFG used to be on top of things like this.
Me too.I have been a club member for a while and service has never been this bad.Come on mods give us a update!!

[Post New]by missycat4player on Dec 9, 14 9:33 AM
read61 wrote:I am still waiting for BFG to address the Trojan issue, why is it taking so long for a moderator to come in and update us? BFG used to be on top of things like this.

mom10989
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mom10989 on Dec 9, 14 8:29 PM
Regular game and bonus chapter played flawlessly for me in Win 7. and way into the alternate ending, too. But the game totally froze up after I found 5 and a half of the 6 pairs in the cave. I don't want to play everything again from the beginning. Is there a way I can replay just the alternate ending and hopefully maybe it won't freeze again?

[Post New]by Magz28 on Dec 10, 14 2:29 PM
I have downloaded the game and played it out, played the extra game. I am on a PC, OS is Vista. I am almost to the end of the alternate ending and the game freezes up, I believe it may be the last HO before the final battle. The only way to get out of the game is to do a ctrl, alt & del. I've uninstalled twice & re-installed once. Now I'm waiting to see if a fix is coming out for this issue.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 10, 14 3:05 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm really sorry to see how many of you are having trouble with the game! If you're experiencing trouble with the game crashing or freezing, I strongly recommend checking out the following help article for troubleshooting steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For those getting a message from your antivirus software that the game contains a trojan, please be assured, the game is completely safe. We are aware of this issue and are working to get this resolved as soon as possible. At this moment, an update on the progress towards a fix hasn't been made available, but as soon as the Mods have more information, we will definitely let you know.

If you're experiencing crashing or freezing, but the help article doesn't help, or if you're experiencing a different issue, please feel free to contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and a detailed description of both the issue and the steps you've tried. Our Reps are always happy to help out however they can.

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by Raven86 on Dec 10, 14 3:29 PM
Hi I have Mystery Case Files Scared Grove and my game works just fine
I have windows 8.1no problems at all .really am enjoying this one great game
then again I love all big fish games.Raven86

[Post New]by condorcandi on Dec 11, 14 2:43 AM
I bought the game a few days ago, just started to play it today, and ran into an odd glitch.

On my second visit to the Mistwalkers' camp, once I exited the cabin, I couldn't click on my map to move. I could access it, but clicking on the various blue flags, with and without exclamation points, and clicking on the arrow to scroll brought no response.

The first thing I did was check my mouse. It's wireless, and I just placed a fresh battery in it, but you never know. That checked out, so I closed and restarted the game. That has solved the issue, but I thought I should mention it in case it's a tiny indicator of a potential problem.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Dec 11, 14 5:30 AM
I had been holding off on downloading/installing this game until BFG addressed the Trojan issue, finally decided to take a chance and go ahead. The game has just finished installing and no message from McAfee popped up. Hopefully this means I won't have any problems with it. Running Windows 7 desktop. A moderator did finally post in the Trojan thread responding to my/others concerns about this but then they locked the thread, which is why I'm posting this here. Keeping my fins crossed......

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Dec 12, 14 3:28 PM
The game froze when I was matching pairs in the house in the town. The music continued but nothing else worked. I had to shut my computer down manually. I'm getting tired of games with glitches and am going to discontinue my BF membership. It just doesn't seem worth it to pay for games that are so glitch.

I'm on Windows 7, on a gaming computer.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Dec 12, 14 3:30 PM
missycat4player wrote:
Me too.I have been a club member for a while and service has never been this bad.Come on mods give us a update!!

Customer service at BF has gone from excellent with live chat to mediocre to nothing. My last three emails and a question asked of a moderator have gone unanswered.

HonkyCat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by HonkyCat on Dec 13, 14 7:06 PM
I am having problems with the game moving in slow motion.. ive restarted my computer.. I purchased this game and was in the hopes and getting to play it.. very frustrating.
Lor

[Post New]by chriscar on Dec 14, 14 4:55 PM
In the ice cave hop, after completing last task of lighting 9 ruins the game won't release the flower.

[Post New]by purkinjecell on Dec 17, 14 3:01 PM
Same as most of you--game crashes looking for the second coin in the car. A little pissed too because I got a message when I booted it back up that said "Your player profile has been corrupted. All data has been reset." and it STARTED ME BACK AT THE BEGINNING. I guess I will wait until this glitch is fixed until trying to play again.

(Running windows 8, not 8.1)

Edited on 12/17/2014 at 3:03:49 PM PST

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Dec 18, 14 7:16 AM
Crapped out w the final raven in the alternate. |Not sure its worth the trouble to try and fix)

Congrats to the team at Big Fish- my LAST purchase.

BUH BUY.

[Post New]by pkhinkcmo on Dec 19, 14 6:09 AM
Using Windows 7. Got into the car, picking pairs and games freezes but the music is playing. I made it to the coins before it froze.

Go to: