Re:Pure Hidden comments and reviews

[Post New]by driedcherry on Oct 11, 10 12:40 PM
A bit late with my comments and review, but I just had to say how much I loved this game. Found it relaxing, pleasant and enough of a challenge to make it really fun. Hope there will be more of the same.

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Oct 11, 10 2:44 PM
What an absolutely delightful original soothing game. Musical and quiet interludes here and there where you can relax, take a break and then get back to playing the scenes. Breathtaking in the sense that delight creeped back into my playing with this game.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Oct 15, 10 11:45 AM
I think I agree with the reviewer who said that one would either love this game or hate it. I happen to be one of those who loved it enough not only to buy it, but to play it multiple times.

It's true that some of the "puzzles" are not really puzzles at all, but games you can play that really don't have much point to them (the scene where you make music by popping the bubbles, for example, will go on indefinitely until you decide you've had enough and move on to the next level), but I found them to be a nice break from the hidden object scenes, which are not easy on the eyes, but are so intriguing that I found this one irresistible.

I think this one will remain in a class by itself; it pretty much defies description.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Oct 19, 10 12:52 PM
Although this game has been around for a while, I've just gotten to play it and all I can say is, WOW! This is such a unique game and something very different from what I'm used to playing. Some very difficult H.O.s to find, some easy. The game lets you stop at a certain level of finding the objects, or you can continue. I always chose to continue and almost always found the last two objects extremely hard to find, thus using hints. The hints always build up quickly, so no problem there. To me this is a lot of graphic arts which makes things a challenge, but clever and creative at the same time. Love it! Not for everybody, but it's a fun, relaxing way to spend some time. It's quite long but lets you come back to where you left off. For this game............a definite but try before you buy, only because of its uniqueness!

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Nov 9, 10 2:32 PM
This game is so relaxing and entertaining, I'm playing it yet again! It's perfect for when you need a game but don't want to follow a plot. I love the bathroom. I could stay in there all day just listening to the music!

I wonder if there will ever be a Pure Hidden II?

Edited on 11/09/2010 at 2:33:16 PM PST

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Dec 11, 10 8:29 AM
Totally late to this party, but I LOVED this game!!! So different, and I usually like the weird, different ones. LOL

I love the relaxing personality of the game, and boy...they can hide stuff well! The little "interlude" games are funny and artistic.

Try it! You may like it!!

p.s. - I do hope there will be a sequel too!

Edited on 12/11/2010 at 8:30:28 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Dec 11, 10 8:37 AM
It was so gentle, very beautiful and funky all at the same time. Loved it.

[Post New]by LusciousLeia on Jan 5, 11 7:53 PM
Loved this game.. I thought it was very unique.. a nice escape from the usual HOGs

MooeyG
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MooeyG on Mar 27, 11 5:07 PM
I got this game a while back, but stopped playing it for a long time. I just started back today, and really have to say that this is one of the most unique HOGs I have ever played. There was an earlier comment that one would either love or hate this game, and that seems true. Also, another comment that it is like an "art" game. Absolutely. The game is fun, and some of the extremely easy in-between games are just what you need to rest your brain and eyes after a particularly hard section. I also like that the games remain open to you once you have played them, as well as the hidden object scenes. I'll be 60 in April 2011 so in addition to having an "artsy" look and feel, it is also nostalgic.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 5:07:52 PM PST

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 8, 11 10:05 AM
What a cool little game! I happen to like all the little moving distractions on the scene, the odd snippets of sound and music. I'm mainly an IHOG player now, but I really enjoyed just hunting for objects with absolutely no story involved. I liked the find-the-single-object games (like the one that let me look for 33 butterflies instead of the usual chintzy 10).

I played half of the demo time, and I'm buying it. I can see where it will be a favorite for relaxation.

ibnurdreamz
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by ibnurdreamz on Aug 22, 11 9:41 AM
I really wanted to like this game. Hints fill up quickly but the game is just boring and did not hold my attention. 29 minutes and I uninstalled the game. I wanted to like it because BF doesn't seem to have a lot of games I like lately. That is why I left membership for not. Maybe soon there will be something for me to be a member for. Sorry. I really wanted to like it!

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Apr 2, 12 12:17 PM
I didn't love or hate this game. I make my living as an artist and so I appreciated the art in it. It was lovely and a joy to do puzzles that are artistic instead of big junk piles. However some of the hidden objects were too hard for me and I had to hit the hint button way too often. Despite that I liked the game more than not.

HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by HiLupe on May 8, 12 10:14 PM
Oh, I love this one! No storyline, just hidden object scenes and a few other puzzles. Some of the scenes are quite challenging. I love the music and sound effects. I felt that the entire game had a sort of Zen feel to it and found it to be quite lovely and relaxing. This is one that I'll be playing again.

HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by HiLupe on May 8, 12 10:15 PM
Oh, I love this one! No storyline, just hidden object scenes and a few other puzzles. Some of the scenes are quite challenging. I love the music and sound effects. I felt that the entire game had a sort of Zen feel to it and found it to be quite lovely and relaxing. This is one that I'll be playing again.

[Post New]by LaughLines on Jun 17, 12 4:29 PM
Waste of money.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Sep 3, 12 5:50 PM
All I can say about this game is 'yikes!'.....didn't like it at all. The screen hurt my eyes and I was bored after the first round.
Not a buy for me.

Ali2106
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Ali2106 on Sep 29, 12 11:44 PM
Pure Hidden is so unique - I haven't really played anything like it before. I loved the fact that the HO scenes were broken up by quirky mini games (bubble popping, flower sprouting etc). It's such a relaxing game to play and it's got such great replay value. I'm so glad a bought this one.

Ali

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Oct 7, 12 7:19 AM
I enjoyed this unique game - a great stress-relief!
What I especially loved about this is that you never know what the next box will give you, so each box is a little surprise, either a hidden object screen or some kind of minigame, even one where you can decorate a meditative bathroom!

Very peaceful

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Sep 17, 13 9:05 PM
Somehow I missed this game 4 years ago! I'm so glad I rather stumbled over it. The devs are geniuses. Creative and unique, with just the right mix of easy and difficult. No story line, just 'Pure Hidden'. Simply amazing but if you are looking for a standard HO game, this isn't it.

[Post New]by yaehyaeh on Nov 7, 13 1:09 PM
This game is so dumb

Go to: