Dream Chronicles 3

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Dream Chronicles 3

[Post New]by MargieB on May 18, 09 5:34 PM
judimose wrote:I tried to make the wrong potion first, and can't get rid of the sunflower mush in my ladle in order to make the other one. Any suggestions?

Just place any incorrect ingredient into the glass container and the ingredients will evaporate. That way you can start over fresh!

Good Luck, Margie B

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

:Dream Chronicles 3

[Post New]by MargieB on May 18, 09 5:36 PM
PepsinVa wrote:I don't know what going on if I have froze up or what but I'm in the kitchen and i have added all that goes in the 1St potion and it won't let me got to the second potion I have even tried to redo to make sure i have added it right but it won't let me and help from any one????? Thanks Mandy

Do you have anything in your glass container? What is in your inventory right now? Is the first potion in your inventory?
I just need to know these things so I can help you.

Thanks, Margie B

judimose
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by judimose on May 18, 09 5:37 PM
It won't go into the glass container - or back in the cauldron - or in the sunflower essence! I can't even throw it out into the garden!

:Dream Chronicles 3

[Post New]by PepsinVa on May 18, 09 6:07 PM
I can't even get it to except any thing I know i have put it in all correctly because i have gone back to first potion and It won't let me put in any thing new and i have tried to put ever thing in just so it would evaporate but it won't even do thatso should i unstall and reinstall or what

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 18, 09 6:11 PM
Hi PepsinVa, I sent you a PM
Hi Judimose. I didn't encounter that issue that you guys are referring to so I am not sure what to tell you about that.The best advice can give you right now is to start the game under a new name and see if that clears up the issue.

You can always contact customer support to see if they can help you. Before you do all of that you can try uninstalling the game and re-downloading it again. It should save your progress.

Please come back and let us know what worked for you,

Thanks, Margie B

GmaGale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by GmaGale on May 18, 09 6:17 PM
Myssty50 wrote:o o o o --- when's the MAC version coming out.. sure hope I don't have to wait as long as I've been waiting for the Ravenhurst sequel... sigh... I just love both series... can't wait!!! please, please hurry...

I agree! My niece has a MAC, but we share my Game Credits (my gift to her).

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on May 18, 09 6:22 PM
can someone please tell me where the amulet is at home that I need to cross the water at the lookout?
the book said I need to go home to find it but i've looked everywhere

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 18, 09 6:28 PM
dogzy wrote:can someone please tell me where the amulet is at home that I need to cross the water at the lookout?
the book said I need to go home to find it but i've looked everywhere

Hi dogzy!

Here is the link to the walkthrough for Dream Chronicles:The Chosen Child on the BFG Blog It will show you all the steps you need to do next. It includes videos and screenshots.

Just copy and paste the link into your address bar.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/dream-chronicles-the-chosen-child-walkthrough/

Good :Lucl!
Margie B

[Post New]by Bigfishette on May 18, 09 6:34 PM
Hate this game. Wish I hadn't bought it. Spent hours trying to find a red marble at the beginning after leaving the tree house even after starting over three times. I find that absolutely ridiculous. You all must have incredible patience. Guess I'll go play something else. Would not recommend it.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 18, 09 6:40 PM
Bigfishette wrote:Hate this game. Wish I hadn't bought it. Spent hours trying to find a red marble at the beginning after leaving the tree house even after starting over three times. I find that absolutely ridiculous. You all must have incredible patience. Guess I'll go play something else. Would not recommend it.

Hi bigfishette, I should be able to help you find the red marble. Have you looked at the walkthrough yet? I placed screenshots with alternate locations for the stones. The link is in the post right above yours.

If that does not work, you can send me a screenshot through aprivate messages and I will look at it until I find the stone that you need.

Margie B

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on May 18, 09 6:55 PM
I really like this game!
I'm at Faye's house & in her daughters room and I have all of the toys on the carpet like it shows in the walk through & I the key wont show up. Am'I doing something wrong? I've collected all the gold & crystal pieces.
Thank you.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 18, 09 7:22 PM
gringojoy wrote:I really like this game!
I'm at Faye's house & in her daughters room and I have all of the toys on the carpet like it shows in the walk through & I the key wont show up. Am'I doing something wrong? I've collected all the gold & crystal pieces.
Thank you.

I know you said you looked at the walkthrough and it does show the correct position of the toys but make sure that the dolls are in the right position.Especially the ones on the left side since they look like they are almost in the same pose. To make sure that the dolls are right, take them all back off and pay attention to the words at the bottom.

When the toys are in the right place, you will see a message at the bottom of the page that tells you the doll is in the right place, You will also hear a distinct sound when this happens.

The key will automatically show up once everything is in place.

Did you already put the floor back together downstairs?

Margie B

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on May 18, 09 7:26 PM
Yes I did the floor when I went in.
Thank you so very much Margie.
And thank you for telling about the bottom of the page & the dolls on the left, and the sound.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 18, 09 7:29 PM
gringojoy wrote:Yes I did the floor when I went in.
Thank you so very much Margie.
And thank you for telling about the bottom of the page & the dolls on the left, and the sound.

You're welcome! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Margie B

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on May 18, 09 9:32 PM
((((Margie))))! Thank you again. It was the 3 dolls.
Now I can move forward.
Goodnight until tomorrow.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 18, 09 9:52 PM
I have enjoyed this game, but it is quite hard, and without that very nice walkthrough, I would not be as far as I am.

A couple of comments in response to other posts: The first time I played the game, I could not find one of the blue stones after exiting the tree house. I ran my cursor over every millimeter of the area, including especially all the places identified in the walkthrough, and nothing popped. I deleted that game and started over. This time I had very little trouble finding all the stones. I wonder whether this was some sort of glitch.

Second, I found, when mixing the potions in the kitchen, that the game is extremely picky about where the ladle has to be held to get the contents into the flask. Not OVER the flask (the way any cook would expect to add an ingredient), but IN FRONT of it. This may be confusing some people besides me.

One hint for the maze (you will know what I mean if you have gotten to it). One way to navigate a maze is to always keep your left hand (or your right hand, if your left led to a circle) on the "wall," so that you either always follow the left-hand wall or always follow the right-hand wall. By doing this, you will see all parts of the maze. The worst thing to do is to make a random search, because mazes in games are intentionally constructed to confuse you.

Hope I've helped a little!

mara54
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by mara54 on May 18, 09 10:29 PM
Love this series! I'm still in the middle of playing & have gotten stuck only once (so far).

Turns out I was on the right track, just not in the exact spot so Thank You for the walkthru!

Without it I'd still be going back & forth between the Tree House & the Herbalist trying to place the "strange symbol".

johndaytrader
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by johndaytrader on May 18, 09 11:38 PM
Totally stuck looking for a blue or purple stone. Have pixelated myself into unconsciousness. Checked out the walkthrough. So help me, it isn't there!

Will uninstall and try again.

Joie

[Post New]by jamesmchenry on May 19, 09 12:09 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this game. After reading some posts I wasn't expecting too much, but I was surprised. I do agree the dream jewels are pretty hard to find at times, but Everything else is awesome. I am actually feeling challenged on this one. The other two were breezes for me, but this one is taking WAY more concentration and thought. Thanks.

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on May 19, 09 12:47 AM
thanks margie for your help.
I have another vquestion....
I have just woken up lilleth & gotten the lenses, in the walk thru it says she will also give me a potion....I have chatted with her over & over but can't get a potion out of her into my dock...what am I doing wrong??

Go to: